PDA

View Full Version : Your Feedback is Requested

skolwulf
12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Please give me feedback on this idea. I've made a youtube video explaining my concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymbz6XrkXzQ

The prototype site is up, but has no interactivity yet. If there is enough positive feedback to continue I will need the assistance of a web developers to get everything working properly.

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

rory096
12-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Sounds a lot like the original money bomb concept. www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

skolwulf
12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Sounds a lot like the original money bomb concept. www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

I don't disagree, but the term moneybomb now has a totally different meaning than what this site is promoting.

skolwulf
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Come on, you can at least trash it a little or something - I did put some effort into it.

hillertexas
12-20-2007, 10:58 PM
bump

skolwulf
12-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Bump, one more time before bed - maybe I'll float it by tomorrow again with a more catching title, since this didn't really generate much interest. Otherwise, I'll just let the idea sink into the background since the "market" isn't to keen on it.

francisco
12-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I think you are right on the money.

The great virtue of the Grassroots is the ability to be maneuverable, and adapt to changing circumstances. As you point out, the two big moneybombs have achieved their purpose in spades. Slavish adherence to old methods is the hallmark of bureaucracies, not an agile popular movement.

We have put ourselves on the MSM radar screen, but future mass moneybombs will have diminishing impact regardless of the amount raised, because the novelty has worn off. This could already be seen with the the Dec. 16 effort: after Nov. 5th, it just wasn't as surprising or newsworthy. Eventually, there will be a moneybomb that not only fails to surprise, but disappoints--and that will have NEGATIVE publicity value.

The money raised is only a means to an end, not an outcome itself. Now it is time to implement new strategies to show daily constant improvement and increases in support.
We need to keep our eyes on the prize: TO WIN AT THE POLLS.

I would suggest the following enhancements:

--weekly goals should include not only money targets, but targets for number of donors and number of NEW donors.

-- weekly goals should increase week by week

--Provision should be made to make it as easy as possible for someone to become a brand new contributor. The official campaign should actively solicit small ~$5-$10 donations from new donors. Once they have contributed once, the campaign has their name & e-mail for future solicitations. Also, there is a psychological hurdle that is breached once that first contributioon is made, and the donor becomes personally committed to the cause.

--The official campaign should facilitate periodic automatic payments. They could make a option using radio buttons on the donation page to automatically charge a credit card at weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly intervals. I believe other campaigns have successfully done this, and it is routine for vendors who supply services over time.

michaelwise
12-21-2007, 12:11 AM
The long lived popularity of the Beatles stemed from their ability to change and mature with time. We will also.

Nyte
12-21-2007, 12:36 AM
I really like this idea skolwolf.

What can I do to help you make this a reality.

Dave Pedersen
12-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Automatic payments can have the same downside as bounced checks. This would harm budget planning rather than help it.

Jonathan Bydlak was very unwise and imprudent to cannibalize the Tea Party with his two "Time is Money" fund raising e-mails. He singlehandedly almost destroyed the Tea Party. What did he gain? A few hundred thousand which no doubt were still sitting in the bank on the 16th. What did the campaign lose? No one can say.

I agree we should not risk another bomb before Super Tuesday. Too large a percentage of our base are likely maxed out and we may fall short.

I propose a money bomb way down the road in July.. maybe the fourth would be kinda catchy?
(no brainer)

In the interim I strongly urge the consideration of the production and airing of several two minute television commercials in the most relevant markets.

I believe weekly money bombs will be too boring to generate the required excitement to maximize our donation potential.

I also believe the campaign to date has not demonstrated effective use of available funds.

I believe we the people can do much better with the money than the campaign has thus far.

I think the blimp can provide a model of revenue management outside of the campaign which can focus on the only viable project worthy of our monies.

Television advertising, not 30 minutes and not 30 seconds but an array of two minute advertisements which focus on each issue in some detail in Doctor Paul's own words and always including a strong showing of our force of numbers at rallies and speeches.

To summarize, the weekly money bomb will be too boring to match the maximum potential which was realized by the November 5th and December 16th events.
I do agree another bomb should be put on hold and we do need a fresh approach.

If someone can come up with an idea which makes weekly money bombs genuinely interesting I'm all for your idea. Perhaps a raffle for a free ride on the blimp where x number of donors who post their receipt notification can hitch a ride. I don't know..

The blimp will prove to be viable. I think we should support it. I think it is a gem which has not yet found her wings.

frasu
12-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I think you are on the money regarding money bombs... We could "walk" away from that idea, to something more stable for the campaign. Slow and steady, and we could still make news, without us challenging records, just reliability... As you said, this steady goal could let us rotate our donations, so we don't knock ourselves out.

Again, well put!

DealzOnWheelz
12-21-2007, 01:05 AM
this is a great idea

smartguy911
12-21-2007, 01:24 AM
i like this idea too. $25 is doable

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Wow....very well done.

A very rationally thought out and precise plan with reason and logic to support it.

We already broke the record and it would be awesome to see a large constant supply going to the campaign week by week...

....LET"S DO THIS!!!

PS - I'm maxed out... :( ...But I have a feeling my Grandma, mother, and father want to donate ...tehehehehe :D

Electric Church
12-21-2007, 01:43 AM
I prefer the moneybombs because they create a buzz of anticipation, main establishment anxiety (which can throw them off their game plan) and MSM coverage. Plus money bombs don't take away from the general donations. We may well hit $20,000,000 for this quarter which would not have been possible at $500,000 a week over the period of the last quarter with no moneybombs. The last quarter was 12 weeks. $500,000 X 12 = $6,000,000. That’s a far cry from $20,000,000

The mainstream establishment hates the moneybombs because they are forced to cover them and they’ll do what ever they can to stop them. That is why I am not surprised about all the fears about another moneybomb.

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Blump

amy31416
12-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I like the idea, but as with any idea, it has to be publicized well to the base in order to work.

I think that a coalition of our finest minds needs to be formed out of this grassroots support to be the official go-between between the official campaign and the grassroots. It seems that we're lacking in communication in that department.

We're all down here, doing some seriously great work, but we have no idea what the official campaign is doing. They're doing some great work, and don't seem to know what we're doing. Now we have calls for money bombs all over the place, with half of us saying that we don't want any more and half of us trying to be Trevor Lyman.

So that's my idea, coordinate with the official campaign. Form a committee of the best and the brightest, and most well-informed, they contact the official campaign and we become more organized and don't end up splintering. We've reached the next level.

bucfish
12-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree but the find out who put up the newyears revolution site and why? free at last could be good though just keep the goal low.

Dave Pedersen
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I like the idea, but as with any idea, it has to be publicized well to the base in order to work.

I think that a coalition of our finest minds needs to be formed out of this grassroots support to be the official go-between between the official campaign and the grassroots. It seems that we're lacking in communication in that department.

We're all down here, doing some seriously great work, but we have no idea what the official campaign is doing. They're doing some great work, and don't seem to know what we're doing. Now we have calls for money bombs all over the place, with half of us saying that we don't want any more and half of us trying to be Trevor Lyman.

So that's my idea, coordinate with the official campaign. Form a committee of the best and the brightest, and most well-informed, they contact the official campaign and we become more organized and don't end up splintering. We've reached the next level.

Yes a coalition organized to interface with the campaign. But from what I can tell the campaign wants to keep us very far away. It protects the campaign from what some of us might do and it keeps us free to do exactly what we think is best.

So what we need is a way to organize ourselves. Naturally with fewer decision makers organization increases. However there is a cost in terms of ingenuity. Some ideas deemed by the decision makers would have turned out to be successful.

With the formation of every governing body there are at best some advantages and some disadvantages. At worst such as the current state of our Union only the disadvantages remain.

We don't need government so much as we the grassroots need some manner of organization. Some means of coalescing funds and focusing those funds to a defined objective. I think there are several sites which have been established to fill this need but are they working?

RonPaulForums.com and DailyPaul.com are two of the largest discussion forums in support of Ron Paul. Why shouldn't we have their own sponsored in-house organizational body? We probably have at our combined disposal an easy 200k each week which can be dumped into a project of the week as determined by a voting procedure of all projects submitted.

Project bombs sanctioned by an in-house body represented by each of the two forums independently. A competition if you will for the most successful project of the week.

If DailyPaul is not interested in competing then maybe we can shame them to similar action by simply making it happen. Leading another forum by example to do great things. This is of course up to the forum owner. Legal considerations are evident wherever monies are combined among strangers to accomplish an untried project. But if the individual donations were capped at $100 or $50 it should minimize the fallout from a failed effort.

amy31416
12-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes a coalition organized to interface with the campaign. But from what I can tell the campaign wants to keep us very far away. It protects the campaign from what some of us might do and it keeps us free to do exactly what we think is best.

So what we need is a way to organize ourselves. Naturally with fewer decision makers organization increases. However there is a cost in terms of ingenuity. Some ideas deemed by the decision makers would have turned out to be successful.

With the formation of every governing body there are at best some advantages and some disadvantages. At worst such as the current state of our Union only the disadvantages remain.

We don't need government so much as we the grassroots need some manner of organization. Some means of coalescing funds and focusing those funds to a defined objective. I think there are several sites which have been established to fill this need but are they working?

RonPaulForums.com and DailyPaul.com are two of the largest discussion forums in support of Ron Paul. Why shouldn't we have their own sponsored in-house organizational body? We probably have at our combined disposal an easy 200k each week which can be dumped into a project of the week as determined by a voting procedure of all projects submitted.

Project bombs sanctioned by an in-house body represented by each of the two forums independently. A competition if you will for the most successful project of the week.

If DailyPaul is not interested in competing then maybe we can shame them to similar action by simply making it happen. Leading another forum by example to do great things. This is of course up to the forum owner. Legal considerations are evident wherever monies are combined among strangers to accomplish an untried project. But if the individual donations were capped at $100 or $50 it should minimize the fallout from a failed effort.

I see your point with not coordinating with the official campaign. Noted.

I really like the idea of the competition between groups for the project bombs.

So, how do we make this happen to get a little order in the chaos?

skolwulf
12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I prefer the moneybombs because they create a buzz of anticipation, main establishment anxiety (which can throw them off their game plan) and MSM coverage. Plus money bombs don't take away from the general donations. We may well hit $20,000,000 for this quarter which would not have been possible at $500,000 a week over the period of the last quarter with no moneybombs. The last quarter was 12 weeks. $500,000 X 12 = $6,000,000. That’s a far cry from $20,000,000

The mainstream establishment hates the moneybombs because they are forced to cover them and they’ll do what ever they can to stop them. That is why I am not surprised about all the fears about another moneybomb.

I don't disagree that $500,000 a week overall is too low, but this only for Fridays. I'm not telling people to only donate to this idea, but am doing it to show the campaign that the grassroots can deliver a regular amount on a weekly basis, rather than just a huge amount once a month or so. But except for a handful of occation (very notable ones though) we don't usually brake $500,000 a week.

xexkxex
12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
bump

KewlRonduderules
12-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I like this idea. I can support an idea like this. It means a steady flow of cash for the campaign.

Thanks for proposing it.

Electric Church
12-21-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't disagree that $500,000 a week overall is too low, but this only for Fridays. I'm not telling people to only donate to this idea, but am doing it to show the campaign that the grassroots can deliver a regular amount on a weekly basis, rather than just a huge amount once a month or so. But except for a handful of occation (very notable ones though) we don't usually brake $500,000 a week.

But we should still have the moneybombs because they have proven themselves to work. The first one was big, the second one was bigger with more donors. The 3rd one, if promoted with the same intensity, has the potential to be even bigger because of the additional donors who never took part in the first two (the amount of supporters are growing on a daily basis). Makes no sense to me to abandon something that works, and the trend appears to grow bigger with each additional moneybomb. Your idea can be implemented along with the moneybombs but your idea does nothing to provoke valuable MSM coverage (an additional dollar value on top of the moneybombs to be estimated in the tens of millions).