PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan: Is it down to Mitt and Mike?

ctb619
12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Pat Buchanan doesn't seem to give the Ron Paul campaign any possibility of success.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article59313.html

susano
12-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Buchanan is NOT on our side

xao
12-20-2007, 10:27 PM
He sold out to be on tv and keep a cush job, but he's going to be irelevent once Ron wins.
Old media is going away.

Paulitician
12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
He is currently right.

Tim724
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't know what is going on with Pat Buchanon...before you get so convinced he isn't on our side, look at his website. It is filled with blogs about Ron Paul. And, he has a "Candidate Info" link section with only a link to Ron Paul's website.

Though it does seem like he is very intentional about not saying anything about Ron Paul on TV. It's all kindof weird.

joelfarm
12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes, this seens very frustrating. I have watched, and been a big admirer of Pat since he first ran against Bush I in'92 and gave his speech, http://www.buchanan.org/pa-92-0817-rnc.html
at the convention that was condemned by the
developing neo-con movement as divisive and isolationist. I watched the same speech and was invigorated and hopeful. Just as Ron does now, Pat had his finger on the pulse of America. He knew where we were headed, has always opposed the open-borders, "fair"trade policies that have produced a meltdown in America's economy. Pat had millions of unrepresented Americans called the "Buchanan Brigades" out in the streets trying to get him elected. We had hope and our hopes were crushed.
I gave up on politics after that and watched from afar as the Republican party morped into Democrat lite. That is, until Ron decided to sacrifice what should be his golden years, sitting on the front porch, watching his grandchildren and working his land, enjoying his life. Instead he is meeting a schedule that takes him around the nation, that a person half his age, could not keep up with. Why? Because he believes in what Buchanan does, that America does have possibilities and hope. Sure there are differences between the two men. I don't agree with Ron on everything myself, but he has given me hope again.
Back to why Pat does not support Ron, I wish I knew why. If I get a chance, I will try to contact him and get hopefully get an honest answer from him. But from the tone of the article you link to above at WorldNetDaily, and from what I have seen to date on the talkinghead shows he appears on, Pat does seem in lockstep with the rest of them in not giving Ron Paul
ANY mention at all. A shame, a damn shame.