PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE keep the BLIMP in the AIR! Donate!

NYgs23
12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
It is vitally important to raise the necessary funds by tomorrow and keep it in the air. Whether you agree with the blimp or not or think it has been mishandled, we must understand that if we FAIL to keep it in the air now, the MSM and the Paul-haters will be all over it like white on rice, talking about how our storied fundraising abilities are fading and making allusions to the Hindenburg.

In any case, it has the second banner on now and it's full-speed ahead and most people on the ground say that it is a GREAT attention getting tactic. If we can raise 6 million dollars in one day for the campaign, surely we can raise a measly 1/60th of that for the blimp! But only if you actually donate!

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree of course.. the local media loves this blimp. The blimp has had both banners on for a while now. Today it was it Baltimore, and shortly it will be heading to New York. Even though the national media doesn't talk about it every day the local media is more than making up for it. Everywhere it goes people hear about it on the news heading there way and an amazing amount go out to take a look. One person said him and his friends heard about it on the local media and went outside to see it and saw tons of other people out of their houses checking it out. It's definitely doing what we hoped it would now we have to get it to New York!

Support the blimp! www.RonPaulBlimp.com (Our deadline is tomorrow unless there is an extension)

Exponent
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I think it's having the same problem as before: People worry that if they donate, but it doesn't make the full $400,000, their donation will end up being a waste. Unfortunately, it's a somewhat self-fulfilling prophecy. And those are the types of prophecies that suck the most. And this time, we don't have pledges to help counteract the mentality. *Sigh* I spent $50 last time to help jump start the money, and I gave $100 today to try the same thing, but I don't think it's really working, or worked last time. News of the need just needs to hit the right audience or something.

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I donated again this week. Tomorrow is payday. We should have a blimp Money bomb.

rory096
12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Digg this too: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Blimp_needs_100_000_NOW_to_fly_during_pri maries

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Blimp Bump..! ;)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Finn
12-21-2007, 12:08 AM
The fact is, we need a blimp mini bomb organized today to raise excitement and get the 100k. It's been a bumpy road but right now the project is doing well, and I bet a lot of people don't realize how disappointed they're going to be if the fun ends tomorrow. And it's like many people don't even know the blimp needs more purchasers RIGHT NOW.

And It needs to be discussed on this forum because most don't even check the blimp sub-forum.

RPFTW!
12-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Maybe the official campaign can put down 100,000 or however much more we need

RPSignbomb
12-21-2007, 12:12 AM

I suspect Dr. Paul would if he tought it was a good idea.....

dspectre
12-21-2007, 12:12 AM
We need to start putting how much money we donate.

Finn
12-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I was wondering about that myself...

ChristopherBearkat
12-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Official campaign can't coordinate with the Blimp project...otherwise, they have to list it with their campain expenses and every donation to the blimp becomes part of the official total

ChrisV
12-21-2007, 12:16 AM

Although it is technically legal (we are told), I would guess that the campaign would prefer to keep it a separate grassroots project for protection against any possible FEC violations.

Pete Kay
12-21-2007, 12:17 AM
If the blimp crew can get their act together then I will donate some more. I donated in the beginning and gave them a chance. They have let me down. They need to start communicating better.

davver
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM
If the blimp crew can get their act together then I will donate some more. I donated in the beginning and gave them a chance. They have let me down. They need to start communicating better.

They can't control the wheather dude.

ChrisV
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Do you think Trevor will send out another teaparty email? That seemed to help donations quite a bit last time, but some people were upset about using the teaparty list.

mathamagician
12-21-2007, 12:20 AM
I don't think it will be grounded if the money isn't raised. The website says to keep it floating until the New Hampshire Primary. Last time I was suckered into thinking the project was about to collapse too but actually that wasn't the case.

Finn
12-21-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't think it will be grounded if the money isn't raised. The website says to keep it floating until the New Hampshire Primary. Last time I was suckered into thinking the project was about to collapse too but actually that wasn't the case.

"As a next step, we need to receive $400,000 in total sponsorships by December 21st to keep the blimp in the air through the New Hampshire primaries."

I'm confused. Wasn't it clear from the beginning that the total to keep the blimp flying that long was 400k?

firebirdnation
12-21-2007, 12:31 AM
I hope the blimp raises the needed money, but we are getting waaay to many of these "donate to the blimp" threads in grassroots IMO.

Finn
12-21-2007, 12:34 AM
I hope the blimp raises the needed money, but we are getting waaay to many of these "donate to the blimp" threads in grassroots IMO.
That is because we are worried, and the organisers aren't doing anything to inform us. They could start one thread here, give all the information we need and just TALK TO US.

Please understand. This won't get enough attention if it's only discussed in the blimp sub-forum.

firebirdnation
12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
That is because we are worried, and the organisers aren't doing anything to inform us. They could start one thread here, give all the information we need and just TALK TO US.

Please understand. This won't get enough attention if it's only discussed in the blimp sub-forum.

I think they need to hit the meetup groups and get the word out. I hope it works, but it seems as if there are a lot of these threads on the first page of grassroots already. I think the blimp is great for the local media and this is where we should be focusing.

bucfish
12-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Let's get it done, faith and courage only go so far for WE still must take action!!!

Finn
12-21-2007, 12:44 AM
I think they need to hit the meetup groups and get the word out. I hope it works, but it seems as if there are a lot of these threads on the first page of grassroots already. I think the blimp is great for the local media and this is where we should be focusing.
Well, I think the official campaign should be focusing more on the local media. We are doing all we can but can't do everything.

And after reading about the reactions the blimp has caused on the streets I see it as an effective tool for raising awareness.