PDA

View Full Version : How many Ron Paul supporters are there?

fireworks_god
12-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Didn't really get any answers, but I was watching Ron Paul today, and he was referring to tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of supporters.

How many of us are out there? Is the limitations of the polls really keeping it unspoken, or are we just a very vocal minority? I know we won't know for sure until the voting starts, but I just woke up and am in a bad mood, because I just woke up :D, but also because I was reading an article entitled "Ron Paul supporters do not read this", that was talking about the polls and our stance on them, and also was mentioning how, now that Ron Paul has started advertising in New Hampshire, he's went from 8% in the polls down to 5% once again in the state.

What's really happening out there? I seem to perpetuate between bits of extreme optimism and then some bittersweet doubt. I saw that the Austin TX meetup has over 1000 members, and that only makes me wonder how big we really are. :)

How many of us are there? 100,000? A million? :)

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
How many of us are out there?

How many of us are there? 100,000? A million? :)

The answer is 42 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything)

richk
12-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't know, but we are definitely the most die-hard, loyal supporters of any candidate out there. I hope we have a lot of sleepers out there. People have a herd mentality. The bigger we appear to be, the more join up.

We need to do well in Iowa and NH. Then I think people will start coming out of the woodwork. Right now it's probably too risky to support a "fringe" candidate.:(

Artsy74
12-20-2007, 09:50 PM
If you snoop around, and check into his campaign people, they are trying to keep his actual supporter numbers confidential.

There has been a bit of speculation that if he poses to much of a threat to people who don't want change, they may think to do something not so good.

Keeping his actual numbers under wraps, is in effect, trying to help keep him safe.

Even RP knows, and has stated that his safety may be an issue later on.

Jodi
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
After seeing the results of the national caucus they did on Dec. 7th, my belief is the only way we are going to lose this election is if they steal it.

forsmant
12-20-2007, 09:57 PM
The answer is 42 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything)

The ultimate question to life, the universe and everything! Thats not really a question is it now? I love Douglass Adams.

rory096
12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Sort of off topic, but that article was ridiculous. The polls vary a few percentage points, so individual polls don't really mean all that much, the average of all of them does (ignoring any objections to polls themselves). That article just chose one poll that was at the low end of the range and compared it to one of the high ones. Paul's support is hardly "plummeting,"

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
The ultimate question to life, the universe and everything! Thats not really a question is it now? I love Douglass Adams.

Yeah, he makes for good bedtime reading. Didn't mean to poo-poo the question, but I was in a sort of Douglas Adams mood. :p

ClockwiseSpark
12-20-2007, 10:07 PM

HAHA!

So long, and thanks for all the fish! :p

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
millions upon millions.

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
HAHA!

So long, and thanks for all the fish! :p

Indeed. I think Ron Paul has a pretty good chance of beating Zaphod Beeblebrox for President of the Galaxy... at least if we all engage the Infinite Improbability Drive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Improbability_Drive).

Seriously though... Zaphod Beeblebrox has a lot in common with our current President, doncha think?

Severius
12-20-2007, 11:04 PM

The ultimate question was "What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9?" At least the question from the prematurely terminated program being run by the Earth.