PDA

View Full Version : At last multi-partisanship

klamath
07-08-2007, 09:10 PM
As I look through the members list and see everyone from Barry Goldwater supporters to Ralph Nader supporters I think that we might be able to exploit this angle. I don't know about you guys but it seems like in the last twenty years all politics has become extremely partisan, culminating really badly at the 2000 elections. And you always hear the phrase "can't the parties just compromise and just work for the good of the country?" I can tell you if Hillary gets elected the whole cycle of the Clinton years will start up again. Everything will be dredged up.
Do you know of any other candidate that has the extreme cross section of political beliefs behind one Candidate as Ron Paul? I have never seen it. And for the most part they are getting along and discussing issues calmly and intelligently that before they would have been tearing each other’s throats out over.

Forget the red states, forget the blue states, let’s bring these United States together!

Tsoman
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
And I'm sick and tired of hearing about "culture wars" and "two Americas"

hells_unicorn
07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Amen to that, Unity through Individualism and Liberty, enough with all of the Pressure Group Warfare already.

RonPaulCult
07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
This is the first time in my life I'm voting "republican" and the reason is Ron Paul is the best person for AMERICA.

walt
07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Amen

Jared
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Right on! I'm not a Republican. I am not a this or that.

I'm an American, a liberty-lover, and a supporter of Ron Paul!

Tsoman
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I registered republican at a street party that my city was having. It was a republican party tent. When I told the lady that I was registering to vote for Ron Paul, she laughed at me.

She's not gonna have the last laugh though!:D

When I asked her if it was "a good day for democracy" (refering of course to how many people registered to vote) she answered "every day that we go without an attack on our homeland is a good day for democracy" rolleyeyes

MozoVote
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Karl Rove "perfected" the idea of wedge issues. Come up with the right combination of things to divide the country and gather a 51% base, then govern.

Electing Ron Paul is a rejection of that notion. It is getting people to see each other as Americans again, rooted in the order of law based on the map the founders laid for us, and agreeing that we don't need one-size-for-all Federal laws.

At a local level this coming November, I'm probably going to vote YES on some county taxes. They'll go to schools and public transit. I'm OK with that, it's my community. It doesn't need to involve the Federal government, and it's still consisitent with Ron's consititutional principles.

klamath
07-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I think the the extreme partisanship has a lot to do with this little quote out of an article about RP in the Washington Post.

"There have been periods in history when the maverick congressman was not such a rare breed, but this is not one of those periods. Democrats and Republicans have been quite disciplined in recent years -- when party leaders say "jump," the savvy congressman had better inquire how high."

Jared
07-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I think the fact that we're coming from all over the political field is what makes this campaign truly special - truly unique. In the Thompson or Giuliani campaign they'll talk about how bad it will be for our nation if Democrats seize power. In the Obama and Clinton campaigns they're talking about how its time to force Republicans into the corner.

In the Ron Paul campaign Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Constitutionists, and Greens come together to talk about how to revive the America that died not too long ago. You won't hear any talk of parties and affiliations here. :)

herepamwas
07-08-2007, 10:07 PM
This thread brought a tear to my eye! UNITY is a beautiful thing!

UCFGavin
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
former republican turned libertarian here. my family were pretty hardcore republicans but even my mother was considering switching political parties until i introduced her to dr. paul. unfortunately, her sound on her computer isn't working so any of the shit i send her she isn't able to listen to. she likes the things i've told her about dr. paul but i know she would be a great person to spread the word if she jumped on board the bandwagon.

RonPaulCult
07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
And my parents have voted republican pretty much their entire lives until 2004 when they puked and voted for Kerry because they just couldn't take Bush anymore.

When I called my mom and told her I was registering as a republican she was like "what did you make a lot of money or something" haha

But then I told her it was for Ron Paul and to my great surprise and pleasure she said she's voting for him too.

He is the right man at just the right time.

WannaBfree
07-08-2007, 11:48 PM
When I asked her if it was "a good day for democracy" (refering of course to how many people registered to vote) she answered "every day that we go without an attack on our homeland is a good day for democracy" rolleyeyes

Sounds like she's ready for the VeriChip!

Lark
07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
There may be a better word than multi-partisanship but I haven't heard it yet!

These damn labels being thrown about are just the types of things keeping many Americans confused, sitting on the fence, or just plain feeling left out.

It's true. Ron Paul is the only candidate who stands a chance of uniting this country... and righting its course... before the path of the perfect storm... dead straight ahead.

Dallas for Ron Paul (http://www.DallasforRonPaul.org)
Dallas for Ron Paul Forum (http://www.DallasforRonPaul.org/forum)

klamath
07-09-2007, 08:41 AM
I almost used the term bi-partisanship but realized that excluded all the other parties that support Ron Paul.

I am trying to think up an ad using quotes from all the spectrum of people behind Ron paul. Then run the finial line with a statment something like this.

"Ron paul stands for real Freedoms not just the pet freedoms of whichover party is in power and people from all spectrums are drawn to that."

Any other ideas?

klamath
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
And for the most part they are getting along and discussing issues calmly and intelligently that before they would have been tearing each other’s throats out over.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

stevedasbach
09-22-2007, 08:52 PM
There may be a better word than multi-partisanship but I haven't heard it yet!

Personally I like "trans-partisan" (i.e beyond partisan).

SewrRatt
09-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Personally I like "trans-partisan" (i.e beyond partisan).

Until our opponents start calling us trannies.

Richandler
09-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Unity Through Libery

michaelwise
09-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Maybe the whole name recognition thing is already half way done for us. The name Ronald Regan is universally recognized, and most Americans know the name. Ronald Regan is known as the president who united both parties. Ronald Paul could be known as the president who united all three parties, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. If People were to see some of our campaign signs with Ron Paul's proper name being used, perhaps the name would be easier for them to recall, and question more who he is. I think it might be a good idea to have some campaign signs with "Ronald Paul MD" on them. What name is going to be used on the official primary ballot?

MikeStanart
09-22-2007, 09:01 PM
The way I look at it.... this is truly a Revolution in the making. We're doctors, lawyers, students, blue-collar, white collar Americans all pushing for the same goal.

It's not all that different from the American Revolutionary War. Except we're fighting ideas, not men in red coats.

After all, Freedom is popular; no matter what spectrum of any political party you may have come from.