PDA

View Full Version : peoples reactions to Ron Paul

cien750hp
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM
we hear so many stories about people at sign waves, bumper stickers, passing out slim jims, just talking.
post some recent ones here :)
we all get inspired the more we hear.

my recent one was today i was going into the carwash and the attendant read and pointed to my bumper stickers, and then started talking to the other attendant, both pointing and looking at themat them. I hope they were saying positive things about the good doctor :D

millerjd
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I have one on the back of my bumper and I was sitting in traffic, and I heard someone honking behind me. I have a small window, owning a convertible and they were in a truck, so I had no idea what it was about.

The person made it a point to drive up next to me, continuing honking.

I was thinking "Oh, Great, this person is probably pissed off at my bumper sticker, I hope they don't pull out the gun"

I looked out to my right and saw an elderly man waving with great enthusiasm at me and continued honking with a great big smile...

Coola
12-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I have one on the back of my bumper and I was sitting in traffic, and I heard someone honking behind me. I have a small window, owning a convertible and they were in a truck, so I had no idea what it was about.

The person made it a point to drive up next to me, continuing honking.

I was thinking "Oh, Great, this person is probably pissed off at my bumper sticker, I hope they don't pull out the gun"

I looked out to my right and saw an elderly man waving with great enthusiasm at me and continued honking with a great big smile...

lol I have sorta a similar story... I wrote 'Ron Paul Revolution' on my back window with glass chalk as well as a bumper sticker, and I was at an intersection and I think someone threw something at my vehicle since I heard a 'thud'. But I couldn't tell who or even confirm if something hit my vehicle since I had the music on and was on the phone.

Ah well, we all can't be winners. I know that better than anyone. *sniff*

madRazor
12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I was dropping off some stuff at the Goodwill store today, and a guy who helps unload saw the yard signs in my Element windows.

"Hey that guy, he needs to do more campaigning."
"Well, the problem is he doesn't get enough --"
"Money?"
"No, he actually raised over 6 million dollars this past Sunday!"
"Woah." (He and his co-worker in unison.)
"He just doesn't get enough media coverage."
"Woah." (Again.) "Well I'm for whoever will do the Fair Tax."
"Well Ron Paul would be for that, but what he really wants to do is cut spending and get rid of the income tax and replace it with nothing!"
"Wow, sounds good to me."
<<Me hands out Slim Jims..>>

What got me though is that he knew who RP was, and brought it up himself! A far cry from where we were a couple moths ago. Keep on truckin!

RonPaulFever
12-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Last night I was walking into a billiards hall as a guy was walking out. He saw my RP hoodie and made a disgusted face, haha. And my mom says Ron talks too fast. ;)

Leslie Webb
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
<<Me hands out Slim Jims..>>

What got me though is that he knew who RP was, and brought it up himself! A far cry from where we were a couple moths ago. Keep on truckin!

Speaking of which, where is Truckin' Mike??? Have not seen his posts in a while.

FreedomFirst
12-20-2007, 11:30 PM
I had on my Ron Paul pin at work and asked some of my co-workers who they were voting for while gesturing at the pin. I said, "How can you not vote for someone who's eliminating income tax and the IRS?" and they replied, "Hey, yeah, I like keeping my money." I don't know if that was a definite conversion, but it's something.

transistor
12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
i was driving through minnesota and a guy in a minivan was pacing me in the lane next to me, so i looked over and he was giving me the thumbs up and mouthing "go ron paul"

the best part was that he had a iowa license plate!

Derek Johnson
12-20-2007, 11:41 PM
I have 4 bumper stickers: 3 the same - the blue one, and one Ron Paul y'all, a southern euphemism roughly translated as Ron Paul you guys, or Ron Paul all yoos guys or something. The reaction is similar: honking, waving, thumbs up. I don't think 4 'W' stickers would get the same response.....

firebirdnation
12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
I was at the gas station the other day and while I was refueling a guy who worked at the gas station came up to me and said "Why Ron Paul?" referring to my bumper sticker. I figured he was a neo-con or liberal so I responded politely with "Why Not Ron Paul?". He sat there and didn't say anything so I then asked "who else is there?" I figured this would get him to come out and say who he was in favor for. He said "I don't know". So I figured he was asking an honest question and I said "One reason why I support Ron Paul is because he will bring the troops home". He said "but don't they all say that". I had no idea some people were so misinformed. I said "no, but some do, but Ron Paul will actually do what he says and he has a voting record to back it up". He than said something like "Didn't he vote with the liberals?" Again, I had no idea people were so misinformed. I said "No, perhaps you are confusing that with his run as a Libertarian, he has never voted for anything which goes against the constitution, he is a constitutionalist". He then kept asking if he voted with the liberals, but the gas station was busy and another person was asking him for help so I didn't have a chance to give him a slim jim, so I just told him to google Ron Paul and he said he would. This all happened in about 5 minutes, but I was surprised at how uninformed this guy was. I still don't know if he was being sincere or just trying to start a debate.

iella
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I called Cingular customer service the other day to disable text messaging for all five accounts on my family's cell phone plan. This was taking some time, and as the customer service lady was doing this, she was asking me how life was going, what I do (I'm a student), and stuff like that. I answered her questions because I figured she was bored, and hey, it doesn't hurt to be friendly.

Then she asked if I had any questions, so I seized the opportunity and asked, "Have you ever heard of Ron Paul?" She said she'd heard the name, but asked who he was. I explained briefly (as much as it is possible to briefly explain Dr. Paul), then encouraged her to do some research on the internet. She assured me that she would when she had the chance, and I left it at that. I have no idea if she actually did, but the lesson is: there are opportunities to talk about Dr. Paul in every conversation that you have. Every. Single. One.

:D

swhdallas
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
I have been wearing an RP lapel pin. Today as I was checking out at Whole Foods the guy helping me asked who Ron Paul is, so I got to tell him a few things to peak his interest and he said he would definitely look into him.

The pin has also helped bring the topic up with a few people at work. It's amazing...you don't have to do anything to get the conversation started. They ask you!

cien750hp
12-21-2007, 03:40 PM
my grandma just called me.. "have you been hanging up ron paul signs around town?"
"no. thats all the grassroots support"

then she took a gift card and christmas card to her neighbor. he asked what she was buying her grandsons and she went into "well he's really into politics, so im donating $100 for his gift" "who is he supporting?" "ron paul" "who is that?" "well, let me tell you a little about him and you can look him up online" "wow... i absolutely will!"

gotta love ron-paul-lovin grandmas.

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 03:43 PM
we hear so many stories about people at sign waves, bumper stickers, passing out slim jims, just talking.
post some recent ones here :)
we all get inspired the more we hear.

my recent one was today i was going into the carwash and the attendant read and pointed to my bumper stickers, and then started talking to the other attendant, both pointing and looking at themat them. I hope they were saying positive things about the good doctor :D

"Hey he has a Ron Paul sticker!"

"Ron Paul! I HATE THAT GUY."

:P

Nah, it was probably good.

ronpaulfollower999
12-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I was outside my house and some old lady saw my Ron Paul sign. She wanted to know who he was and I told her what he stood for. She said she has a real problem of him wanting to get out of Iraq because her grandson was in Iraq. :confused:

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 03:53 PM
It helps first to ask, "Well, what do you think is the most important issue?"

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

hawks4ronpaul
12-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I was outside my house and some old lady saw my Ron Paul sign. She wanted to know who he was and I told her what he stood for. She said she has a real problem of him wanting to get out of Iraq because her grandson was in Iraq. :confused:

She doesn't like her grandson?

FreeTraveler
12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Went to see my doctor today, and wore my Ron Paul TeeShirt. The nurse taking my BP asked if I was advertising something, so of course I said yes and told her I was supporting a DOCTOR for President. I let her read both sides of my teeshirt.(it's the one with 10-term congressman on the front, and the "never" list on the back). We talked a few more minutes, and I filled her in on the good doctor's history (4000 babies and 50-year marriage, return medicine to a focus on doctor-patient relationship, get rid of HMOs) and I gave her a standard slim-jim.

My doctor came in, and she asked too, so I gave the same spiel as above, then gave her both a standard slim-jim and the one on medical issues (I only had one copy of that one available). When I left the office, she was standing in the hall by their bulletin board, reading the medical slim-jim. Guess what's gonna end up on that bulletin board? :D

notagain
12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
My friends play a lot of online poker and told them about RP. I told them how the poker world is behind RP and that got their attention. They said they would vote for him. I've been talkin to them about RP for a while now and this finnaly resonates with them!!!!!! Also, my one friend texted me this morning saying he saw a HUGE RP sign at the intersection of Lagrange and 159th street ( South suburbs of Chicago). He said RP is "huge."

Akus
12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I've been thumbed up twice for my RP stickers.

cien750hp
12-30-2007, 10:45 PM
today i pulled up behind a car with ron paul bumper stickers. i honked and gave the thumbs up. this was great, because it was the first other ron paul car i've seen. my parents, friends, and grandma have all seen them, but never me. it made my day.

others?

Cindy
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I wear my RP shirts a lot when grocery shopping and a lot of the employess (who go out to get carts) ask me if the Ron Paul car is mine. We get to talking about Paul, they want to know who he is, yet none of them are old enough to vote. ( I do tell them to pass him along to their parents)

However, a few weeks ago, one of the bagging girls told me that she had a class project to make a campaign poster for any presidential candidate with 5 issue points. She told me that because of our discussions, Paul was the one she knew the most about so she picked him. The poster has been hanging up in their HS hallway as a result. She was the only one who chose him.

I thought that was cool!!:)

Minlawc
12-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I wear my RP shirts a lot when grocery shopping and a lot of the employess (who go out to get carts) ask me if the Ron Paul car is mine. We get to talking about Paul, they want to know who he is, yet none of them are old enough to vote. ( I do tell them to pass him along to their parents)

However, a few weeks ago, one of the bagging girls told me that she had a class project to make a campaign poster for any presidential candidate with 5 issue points. She told me that because of our discussions, Paul was the one she knew the most about so she picked him. The poster has been hanging up in their HS hallway as a result. She was the only one who chose him.

I thought that was cool!!:)

What are they teaching these kids?:p

Not one other poster? Man...

MadViking10
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
I got a real loud GO RON PAUL and a fist pump from a dude in a huge pick-up truck just today. :D

I have one of those back window stickers that covers the entire window on the back of my truck.

2young2vote
12-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I put Some small Ron Paul signs up in my yard. It is on a very busy street and thousands of cars drive by every day so i am hoping it gets his name out.

MJfromCT
12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
I placed a Ron Paul sign in my sister's yard on Christmas day and saw her today at mother's house for dinner. She told me her next door neighbor's son who is about 20y/o drove by when she was outside. The young man rolled down his window and said "go Ron Paul" and then proceeded to praise Ron on his positions. But, did state that his parents are not fans of Ron Paul, yet. Either way it brought a big smile to my face to hear the feedback.

Stealth4
12-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Coffee Shop guy said "Nice Hat!" in a genuine way today, then getting out of a parking garage, the indian parking attendant (who must be an immigrant) smiled when he saw my hat and was very friendly.

Battlecruiser
12-31-2007, 12:09 AM

Hahahaha, that sucks. Not sure why she wants her grandson to be there though... don't family members of soldiers usually want them to come back home? He must've stolen her cookies or something.

I told one kid at summer camp about Ron Paul, but he happened to be a huge neo-con. He supports Romney and loves Bush, which is pretty rare for my area. So yeah, we got into a pretty big argument. I told another kid, but he just said that he saw Ron Paul speak and that Ron Paul didn't look like a president and doesn't talk like one either. I'm guessing he's voting Obama.

In my gov class, on the first day, the teacher asked who people were voting for and if we knew all the candidates who were running. Most people couldn't even name more than 3 candidates. I got like 16. I was also the only one willing to vote for a republican, but only for Ron Paul. I live in a very liberal/apathetic place, so I'm not surprised.

jacmicwag
12-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Driving from Texas to Indiana for x-mas visit - saw Ron Paul bumper stickers in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee and Indiana. Several cool signs visible as you drive the loop around Nashville. Coming home yesterday, ran into two guys waving signs along the freeway in Effingham, Illinois. It was cold and windy so I know those guys are dedicated. Best x-mas present - several neocon relatives at least willing to entertain the thought of voting for Ron.

BlutStein
12-31-2007, 12:20 AM
I met with some family members for a late Christmas today. I was show one of my younger cousin's my new i-phone I bought a few months back and when he clicked on my bookmarks he saw all the websites for Ron Paul.

Cousin: "Ron Paul?!"
Me: "OH yeah."
Cousin: "But he's crazy"
Me: "not really"
Cousin: "But he wants to bring the troops home"
Me: "Yeah, I've sort of heard about that"
Cousin: "but if we leave then they will attack us here again..."
Me: *sad*

I ended it there cause we were in the middle of our whole family and it was just going to get a lot worse if it kept on that path. I'll talk to him later.

slamhead
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
We did a sign waiving event today in South Orange County...more honks every time I do one of these. One guy turned around and parked and came and hung out with us for a few minutes. He was down from Berkely visiting. Asked if we had a bumper sticker for his car. Unfortunately we did not as his car was a Testorosa Fararri.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
What the fuck is with the people who have relatives in Iraq, but don't want them home?!?!? I've actually met one of these people. Jesus Christ are they fucking brainwashed. Didn't they read all the required high school reading books like "Johnny Got His Gun?"

I know there are a lot of people here who were for the war at first, but to be honest with you I saw through that scam the second they were talking about it. I'm sorry to tell anyone who supported it but it was so fucking obvious it was unbelievable. At least with the Cuban missile crisis JFK showed pictures of the nukes!

By the way doesn't everyone know ALL wars are bullshit? I mean come on, you are going to fight a group of people you don't even know because someone who claims they are your leader told you to. Not critical thinkers here.

austin4paul
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
We have a big decal across the window of our SUV. Went to breakfast yesterday and parked with the decal facing the restaurant windows. Some lady sees us walk in the door and a little while later she comes up to our table and says "Is that your car with the Ron Paul sticker?" "yeah" "Where do you get one of those? I want one!" This started a whole conversation as we bonded over our common interest. By the end of it, she was joining our local meet-up group, etc. Nice way to start the day!

chinaCat
12-31-2007, 01:09 AM
As far sign spoting I saw a truck with a bumper sticker up the street from me, the local AM radio station on Main street has a big sign in the window. At my parents house the neighbor down the street has a ron paul sign in the their front yard. My brothers friend spotted a car covered in spray paint that said ron paul at the 7-11. I spotted a HUGE ron paul sign on some small interstate in upstate NY over the summer. And A few months ago I saw a bumper sticker on a car on the turnpike.

Greenskin
12-31-2007, 01:13 AM
My uncle asked me about Ron Paul today. I told him his civil liberty ideas and he agreed 100% and said he is going to research more about him.

Trigonx
12-31-2007, 01:30 AM
While at work today, I work with a guy who is like 39 years old and doesn't use the internet so I automatically believed he had never heard of Ron Paul since the MSM hardly covers him and he doesn't use the internet. But to my surprise I mentioned Ron Paul to him and he actually knew who he was and his stances, I found out he read American Free Press which covers Ron Paul. And i'm starting to see Ron Paul signs starting to pop up around my city.

FreedomFirst
12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Driving down the road we had a guy pass us to give us a thumbs up (bumper sticker)! First time that happened and I was psyched!

qednick
12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
On Christmas day we went to Houston to visit the in-laws. My wife's brother was checking out my new car and saw the bumper sticker on the trunk. He just looked at me and shook his. I said "what? you don't like Ron Paul?". He said, "nah, he's too liberal for me". I said "too liberal? in what way?". He then looked blank and said "well... you caught me at a bad time, I can't answer that one". So I laughed and my wife's dad said (to my complete and utter amazement based on previous political talks with him): "Ron Paul is probably more conservative than all of them put together".

Ended the conversation with "do your own research and don't let Rupert Murdoch decide for you".

Additionally, her sister also announced she was supporting Ron Paul. :D

So... it looks like we've converted her dad, her sister is already on board and, once her brother looks into RP (and especially his 2nd amendment stance) he'll likely be on board too. :D

speciallyblend
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
too many stories to tell you but when i wear my ron paul shirts or ,my car with stickers or my sign waving i get a strong 70% approval....from our local citizens and tourists. awesome stuff

OptionsTrader
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Last night I was walking into a billiards hall as a guy was walking out. He saw my RP hoodie and made a disgusted face, haha. And my mom says Ron talks too fast. ;)

The old man checking tickets at the Houston Texans game yesterday saw my Ron Paul hat and said "Go Ron Paul" and gave me a thumbs up. I hope he was telling everyone that was coming through his line, lol.

qednick
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah... I forgot to mention the shirts. Whenever my wife or I wear a RP shirt while out somewhere, someone ALWAYS says something (positive) about it - whether it's in a restaurant, at a mall or wherever. We've even had people ask us where they can buy the shirts. :D

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=millerjd;684141]I was thinking "Oh, Great, this person is probably pissed off at my bumper sticker, I hope they don't pull out the gun"QUOTE]

Haha! Good story, shot down for being a Ron Paul supporter

c0unterph0bia
12-31-2007, 11:05 AM
We were driving to Athens Ohio and saw a guy with a Ron Paul bumper sticker. We drove by him with a Ron Paul shirt held up to the window and honked to get his attention as we passed. About two minutes later we see this guy behind us weaving in and out of traffic about 20 mph over the speed limit. He pulled up next to us and held a CD up to his passenger side window so we could see it. He merged right and held the CD out of his window, so we went into the passing lane, and while driving 75mph he hung out the window so he could hand us a plain DVD. I had to wait two days to see what was on it, and the anticipation was totally killing me.

And what was it? A 911 conspiracy DVD lol . . . .

Eric21ND
12-31-2007, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=millerjd;684141]I was thinking "Oh, Great, this person is probably pissed off at my bumper sticker, I hope they don't pull out the gun"QUOTE]

Haha! Good story, shot down for being a Ron Paul supporter

No way the media could ignore that LOL!

Jaykzo
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
We were driving to Athens Ohio and saw a guy with a Ron Paul bumper sticker. We drove by him with a Ron Paul shirt held up to the window and honked to get his attention as we passed. About two minutes later we see this guy behind us weaving in and out of traffic about 20 mph over the speed limit. He pulled up next to us and held a CD up to his passenger side window so we could see it. He merged right and held the CD out of his window, so we went into the passing lane, and while driving 75mph he hung out the window so he could hand us a plain DVD. I had to wait two days to see what was on it, and the anticipation was totally killing me.

And what was it? A 911 conspiracy DVD lol . . . .

I went to a Halloween house party this year, a bunch of kids my around my age (21) just getting crazy.

There was some lousy DJ there, just a friend of everyones, and after he got done doing his thing, he was passing out 9/11 conspiracy DVD's that said VOTE RON PAUL on the bottom.

I laughed when I saw it, but was still kind of pissed. As long as his name is getting out, I guess.

Voluntaryist
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Saw this color-changing Mustang on the 405 heading towards Santa Monica last Saturday. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/blueshuttle/ronpaulstang_IMG_2197.jpg

Paul4Prez
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I was driving back to work today after lunch (with my Ron Paul Hope for America door magnets on), and stopped at a light, when I heard some hooting and hollering. I looked to my left and saw a car with four high school girls whooping it up and pumping their fists for Ron Paul. (I hope they're old enough to vote.)

Guys, get those bumper stickers and door magnets on your car!

FreedomFirst
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Converted a Dem today with income tax, the war, and constitutionalism.