PDA

View Full Version : Youth movement

gregp701
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I just wanted to say to you guys that the youth movement in this campaign is unbelievable. I'm 37 guys, and I am so inspired by your enthusiasm. You make me so proud!

-Greg

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm 14:D

risiusj
07-08-2007, 07:59 PM
14 huh. I bet you're excited about voting to re-elect Dr. Paul.
I guess I'm in the youth movement. I'm 18 and this is my first election.

gregp701
07-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm 14:DI'm proud of you! To be 14 and already politically active is unreal!!

I'm starting to believe that the youth of this country will save this country!!!!

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm 21 and doing big things already. I'm glad your excited, you'll be surprised how far we take this. :)

gregp701
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm 21 and doing big things already. I'm glad your excited, you'll be surprised how far we take this. :)I owe you my friend. You and the youth of this country will save us all.:)

nunaem
07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm 17 but i will be old enough to vote in the primaries and the election.:cool:

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Well your support helps us all :) :)

retrorepublican
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Eh, I'm 16.

Wyurm
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm 29, but I've noticed Dr. Paul's support branches out across all ages, sex, race, etc...

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 08:09 PM
d d d d diiittooooo

You guys still make a difference. You can post informative posters in your highschool, most likely. You can walk around with buttons and write in your school papers. I imagine 33% of people in highschool right now will be able to vote for the 08 election.

RPatTheBeach
07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
24 here, third election... but the first one I feel happy that I am able to vote for. The 2000 election had no interest of mine, and I voted in the 2004 because I feared a certain candidate might win and didn't want that to happen.

gregp701
07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
The youth of this country is going to save this country!!

It's good to be an American. :)

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
The youth of this country is going to save this country!!

Just wait until you hear about the new technology. America will save the world. ... without profits for cooperate interests. That's a problem, but Americans are changing their tune. It's a new generation and world, and honestly, the governments nor the cooperations can keep up with it....

:)

I've been around the world so I'm excited for change.

America is so extremely powerful. Our power is shunned due to special interests and politics, ect. ....
Eventually America will be free, and a freedom of technology will evolve in the process. Right now we're stuck with inefficient oil and backwards policy standards. When America has it's social graduation from surreal to reality, it'll become a whole new planet. It takes steps, but it's not that far away.

Just look at Ron Paul! :) ....

pennycat
07-08-2007, 08:16 PM
As a meetup leader, the ACTIVE support from younger people blows me away. I've been involved in campaigns for decades. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED. I don't know what it is that is drawing the youth to Ron Paul, but what ever it is may rock this nation. We are experiencing something of historical significance. Strap on your seat belt and get ready.

pazzo83
07-08-2007, 08:20 PM
23 here, never felt good about a presidential candidate until Ron Paul. The Internet is changing everything people.

gregp701
07-08-2007, 08:21 PM
As a meetup leader, the ACTIVE support from younger people blows me away. I've been involved in campaigns for decades. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED. I don't know what it is that is drawing the youth to Ron Paul, but what ever it is may rock this nation. We are experiencing something of historical significance. Strap on your seat belt and get ready.It sure is fun to be part of the ride isn't it? :)

nunaem
07-08-2007, 08:23 PM
As a meetup leader, the ACTIVE support from younger people blows me away. I've been involved in campaigns for decades. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED. I don't know what it is that is drawing the youth to Ron Paul, but what ever it is may rock this nation. We are experiencing something of historical significance. Strap on your seat belt and get ready.

I think it's because he tells the truth, and he's clearly the underdog.

gregp701
07-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Just wait until you hear about the new technology. America will save the world. ... without profits for cooperate interests. That's a problem, but Americans are changing their tune. It's a new generation and world, and honestly, the governments nor the cooperations can keep up with it....

I've been around the world so I'm excited for change.

America is so extremely powerful. Our power is shunned due to special interests and politics, ect. ....
Eventually America will be free, and a freedom of technology will evolve in the process. Right now we're stuck with inefficient oil and backwards policy standards. When America has it's social graduation from surreal to reality, it'll become a whole new planet. It takes steps, but it's not that far away.

Just look at Ron Paul! :) ....I've been reading this board a lot longer than I have been a member. You are definitely one of the guys I'm not only counting on, but that I am putting my trust in. Take it to the next level bro!! I'll do what I can to help you out. :) :) :)

kylejack
07-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm 26, and I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm proud of you! To be 14 and already politically active is unreal!!

I'm starting to believe that the youth of this country will save this country!!!!

yea.. uhh I would nott trust the youth yet..
Just about anybody in my school is a Giuliani Fan.:mad:

Buzz
07-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Just about anybody in my school is a Giuliani Fan.:mad:

But you're from Texas! :confused: :confused: :confused:

At least nobody in NYC likes Giuliani anymore.

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 08:28 PM
The kids are too young to be trusted without proper education. The best way to achieve that is to let them educate themselves.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Yeah, but Mr. 9/11 is probably the only one they recognize.

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 08:31 PM

They all think that they hate us because of our freedoms and it's impossible to get to them because I get ganged by like 10 people:p

kylejack
07-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Are you in a school in Houston itself, or a suburb like Spring, Corey? The kids in the city seem to know a little more usually, though many don't seem to care about politics at that age.

gregp701
07-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Just about anybody in my school is a Giuliani Fan.:mad:Sounds like you've got some work to do!! Don't worry though, Giuliani is the easiest guy to dismiss. He's Dubya on steroids when it comes to mislead foreign policy.

I've got some ideas, but I think you are much smarter and will figure out a better way to dismiss him.:)

damijin
07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
before/after a history class while discussing the days lesson would be a great opportunity to talk to your class mates.

Pointing out the flaws of American foreign policy in the 20th century while backing it with sound reasoning on the advice of our founders is an excellent way to help people see the truth. Sometimes it's hard to convince adults using this angle because they aren't always good at remembering what they learned in history class, but when you can relate it to the days learnings it can be a pretty powerful approach.

EDIT: AND ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask questions about the constitution in class. Ask why our current government has seen fit to forsake our liberties for security, and point out that our founders knew that it was not the correct way to run a free republic. Use quotes from the forefathers when appropriate.

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Are you in a school in Houston itself, or a suburb like Spring, Corey? The kids in the city seem to know a little more usually, though many don't seem to care about politics at that age.

I live in the suburbs in North Houston.. Yea the people here are ignorant. We live in half million dollar houses too :D

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Just make posters and be silly - - but factful. You can do anything when humor's involved...

Or you could make a non-partisan effort to emphasize the realism of the political perspective. You could make weekly updates and keep everyone informed.

CodeMonkey
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I think it's because the younger folks are fresh out of U.S. History and Civics classes, so we know all about how the country is supposed to work, and we can see how terribly off course it has gotten. Most of the older people I know just take it for granted that the government is screwed up.

Tsoman
07-08-2007, 08:55 PM
22, speading the word!

Jared
07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm 15...

I really wish I could vote but I still donate, tell people about RP, digg articles, etc.

DeadheadForPaul
07-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm 21 and the enthusiasm among young people is incredible. I'm proud that my generation will protect liberty and not forget the sacrifices of all those who protected it over the centuries

Roxi
07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
one of the guys in our meetup group is 19 and we were passing out flyers the other night and he ran into his old civics teacher, the guy hugged him and said he was proud of him for being politically active......and hed never heard of RP!!!! of course he was well informed within a few minutes!

THOMAS IN LC
07-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I just turned 18 and am so proud that my first vote is going to the champion of the Constitution. I'm from League City, Texas which is in the 14th district and am proud Ron Paul is my Represenative.

Kandilynn
07-08-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm 22 and my husband is 23...we are the organizers of our area meetup group. Most of our meetup members are under 30. My husband went to a local Libertarian Party meeting to convince them (who are mostly over 50) to participate in our group. Most of them have agreed to come to our next event.

One old lady told us we were too young to know what we were talking about. I think she was mistaken.

AlexAmore
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
The kids are too young to be trusted without proper education. The best way to achieve that is to let them educate themselves.

Funny you say that. I'm 18 and I have a GED (all my GED scores beat out average high schoolers by a lot). The majority of my education has been my curiosity because I have been self-schooled, and my mom never actively educated me (we both agreed to let me explore on my own). I now actively and often carry political/economic discussions with anybody. I also have a job at Circuit City as a salesman in the computer/tech department. I now plan to donate the majority of my money to Ron Paul.

Public School is overrated. Who wants to be educated by the government??!? LOL :confused:
I could go over the ways government schools try and often succeed at conditioning kids to place them right in the palm of government authority. I did go to Public School for the minority part of my life. I also went to a Sudbury private school (http://www.sudval.org/) (libertarians should look into this school model, you'll love it!) where I learned to love entrepreneurship by a business man/teacher who personally taught me about business and real estate even while off school hours. I got to be really good friends with him and I went to my first NFL football game and saw the Patriots win! :)

Anyways...

Ron Paul will try to abolish the Education Department and that's merely one reason I fully support him. :)

Btw "Constitution Class" by Michael Badnarik was some of the best education I ever recieved. I could name some more resources regarding other subjects, but I don't want this post to go on too long.

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Funny you say that. I'm 18 and I have a GED

I am also proud to say I have a GED and I have been extremely successful :) I have learned more knowledge in the past 6 months or 2 years then I learned in 3 and 1/2 years of highschool :)

And I'm talking.. a *ton* of knowledge :)

4Horsemen
07-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Public school is nothing but commie training these days.

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
In 5th grade, our spelling words were things like 'cat' and 'house'

We're talking kindergarten. I don't like school very much, but I won't say it held me back. I am where I am for what has happened in my life, and school was a part.. so.. I can't be hatin too much.

AlexAmore
07-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I am also proud to say I have a GED and I have been extremely successful :) I have learned more knowledge in the past 6 months or 2 years then I learned in 3 and 1/2 years of highschool :)

And I'm talking.. a *ton* of knowledge :)

:D That's so awesome!:D You and I have a lot in common. The assistant manager of Circuit City also mentioned how she had a GED when she asked me about my school experience during the interview process. I hope to see a continued trend because it implies that maybe people aren't so hooked on public schooling or see it as necessary for success.

FSP-Rebel
07-08-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm 25 and will be voting Republican for the first time.

DjLoTi
07-09-2007, 12:03 AM
:D That's so awesome!:D

haha thanks for emphasizing, it's life, and life is different then from what they teach you there at school.

I just be chilling I travel the world and have the time of my life :)

beermotor
07-09-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm 30. But I look 14! :P Can I be part of the youth movement!

I like calling it the LIBERTY MOVEMENT. All caps necessary, of course. Or how about Renaissance 2.0?!

Swmorgan77
07-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I just wanted to say to you guys that the youth movement in this campaign is unbelievable. I'm 37 guys, and I am so inspired by your enthusiasm. You make me so proud!

-Greg

I'm 30...

Can i still be part of the "youth movement"?

allyinoh
07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Ron Paul himself said that people worry about the older generation like him dying off and no one to take after them.. but he said he doesn't worry (or something to that effect) because this younger generation is taking after them.

I am very proud to be a part of it.. (I am 23) I think it's great that Ron Paul's message reaches all generations, all races, all types of people, etc!

klamath
07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
This reminds me of when I was 14 and supporting Ronald Reagan in '76'. Great things can happen, keep that spirit!

Bruehound
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Joe had Dr. Ron on his morning Joe show this morning and this is the email I sent to thank him.

Joe,

I understand this note may get lost in the flood of pro Ron Paul emails filling your inbox but I am 44 yrs old and have been very politically active my entire adult life(having run for state house twice, most recently March 06 GOP primary). What is amazing to me is the tremendous amount of support RP’s message of Constitutional conservatism is getting from today’s youth.

A couple weeks ago I was passing out RP information at a local festival and carrying an intentionally vague sign to provoke curiosity (“Who is Ron Paul?”-- with no mention of party affiliation). When I walked though the carnival area, which was packed with high schoolers, there were two separate occasions where teenagers (one time a male the second a female) who spontaneously yelled out “I’m a Ron Paul Republican!!!” I know this is anecdotal but our local MeetUp groups are loaded with college age activists in support of RP.

Thank you for giving Congressman Paul airtime on your morning show to express his vision for America. You provide a respectful and professional environment for the most intelligent political discussions in the MSM—bar none. Keep it up!

Scott B.

LRitz
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
My 13 year old son (14 at the end of the month) was handing out flyers with us at the local gun show this weekend...he told me that one man came up to him and said "You're too young to vote, why are you standing out here?" My son told him "No, but I'm not too young to understand what's going on." The man, said okay, and said he would look into Ron Paul. Not sure if it was the same man or not, but the same day...someone asked my 10 yr old daughter a similar question and she told them it was her future.
Kids can make a difference!
My son just told me this morning, he started posting Ron Paul's voting record on a popular game site chat...he had several people ask him "Who's Ron Paul?" Lots of adults play that game, too...you never know.

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Good stuff LRitz.
I wonder if there's a way to link the gamers and Ron Paul, or make them more aware of the liberty message.

G-khan
07-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Good stuff LRitz.
I wonder if there's a way to link the gamers and Ron Paul, or make them more aware of the liberty message.

I game online and I am now using Ron_Paul2008 as my name. I play UT 2004 mostly and they are constantly calling my name out over their mics - Ron Paul charge up my tank Etc.

austinphish
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
LRitz - you have got some smart kids.

My icon is a Ron Paul bumper sticker at the most popular chess site online - Gameknot.com

LRitz
07-09-2007, 04:51 PM
LRitz - you have got some smart kids.

My icon is a Ron Paul bumper sticker at the most popular chess site online - Gameknot.com

Thank you - Well, we homeschool them!

They're fighting this fight right along side of us.