PDA

View Full Version : Why Traditional Media Fears the RP Campaign

Nefertiti
07-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Here's a theory I have. Tell me what you think:

I'm convinced that the traditional media is scared shitless by the Ron Paul campaign. You will note I say traditional media and not MSM. By traditional media I am not referring to the perspective of the news, but rather the means of collecting and disseminating that news. You will also note I say campaign and not Ron Paul as president. I think actually they might benefit from Ron Paul as president, but as a candidate he is bad news for them.

First of all, the biggest "story" about Ron Paul is the way in which his support is growing even though he is getting little mention in the traditional media. To report on that would be to admit that people can get their information from alternative sources and that would be bad for their business.

The second way they probably view him as a threat is the fact that he is getting a lot of free publicity from his supporters. Who needs to buy television spots when you have an unpaid army of willing volunteers spreading the word about you?

The traditional media does not want to admit that they do not control things as they used to control them. Covering Ron Paul's campaign would reveal their increasing irrelevance.

jd603
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Sure, I think those are contributing factors, for sure.

I also suspect political agendas from upper management of these organizations though. Could be some from column A and some from column B. :)

Ted Turner (CNN etc.) is a globalist (for one-world government) and all the "top-tier" candidates running right now are members of the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations, for one-world government), and the ones that aren't, are NOT getting much attention from CNN. Ron Paul included. So that is highly suspect.

CNN did cover him for a little while a couple months ago, lou dobbs, cafferty etc. and really did a good job with him, then he did an interview on CNN where they tried to paint him negatively NOW they completely ignore him. Even when they did a spot about how candidates on both sides are "using the internet" a week ago they did not EVEN MENTION Ron Paul and claimed Barack Obama as #1 on the Internet.

Possibly these guys listened to the viewers initially and put Ron on their show, until upper management handed down orders to keep away from Ron Paul. FoxNews has a "message of the day" from up top that directs the broadcast for the day, possibly CNN has something similar.

Slugg
07-08-2007, 11:34 PM
It's funny, the simple fact that we are even talking about this reinforces the 'tin foil hat' stigma. However, I totally agree, I do not feel there is true journalism anymore. I think it died, and no one wrote a story about it.

rpf2008
07-09-2007, 01:34 AM
IMHO there are many reasons the mega-media types don't like Ron Paul. One of which is they know he's not going to "play ball" with big business once he gets in office. Ron Paul in office means big business no longer gets a relatively free ride.

Mesogen
07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
It's funny, the simple fact that we are even talking about this reinforces the 'tin foil hat' stigma. However, I totally agree, I do not feel there is true journalism anymore. I think it died, and no one wrote a story about it.

When did it ever live?

It's always been like this.

Meistro1
07-13-2007, 09:29 AM
"When did it ever live?

It's always been like this."

Back in the 1800's there was an extremely free press in America, according to Noam Chomsky at any rate.

Bro.Butch
07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLRWiqNsnY&mode=related&search=
Who controls American media?

Could this have something to do with coverage policies ? Just wondering...

glts
07-26-2007, 06:49 PM
The mainstream media outlets are all controlled. The people they hire, left and right alike, are there not to just report the news they are there to persuade the public in what to believe. The pundits are there to create two boxes for us, a left and a right. Whether it is Hannity or Olbermann it doesn't matter. While they may say a few things that are right on the money (they have to else they would loose their following) their jobs are to keep everyone in the two controlled boxes. If you think anything outside of the boxes, that they have created for you, then you must be an extremist, fringe, nut, etc. The advantage for the shadow government to have the two “boxes” is to make people think that it is us against them, republicans against democrats. One party gets in and they say, “Oh look what those democrats/republicans have done to the country. It makes people loose the real enemy and focus on a particular party. When all this fighting between parties is going on the American people don’t see Oz, the man (shadow government) behind the curtain.

Bro.Butch
07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
So Pat Buchanan (a longtime talking head) who pretty well destroyed the Reform Party in 2000 is actually a paid hand of the "Wizard" ?!? I use him because he is beloved by so many, yet he really is just a hired hand... it's a shame more people don't understand what's happening to them.

I have reached a point in my life that it's time to stand up to power. A time not to backdown, but to fight on ever forward. I trust no talking heads,PERIOD...

Get involved in a RP meetup group and hand out RP Lit. door to door in your home town. We have less than 200 days to get his name & message to the people. Don't pass up this opportunity to standup to the "evil wizard" !

If you can't walk a neighborhood, you can help financially. Every dollar helps go to www.RonPaul2008.com\donate and help raise enough money to run paid advertisements to reach all of America, bypassing the MSM...

freelance
07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
It's funny, the simple fact that we are even talking about this reinforces the 'tin foil hat' stigma. However, I totally agree, I do not feel there is true journalism anymore.

I was a journalism major and the first thing we learned was who Marshall McLuhan was. Today, they no longer even call it journalism--it's (mass) communication. It's dumbed down for the masses. There is no such thing as journalism--it's stenography, and today's student's don't have a clue Marshall McLuhan is.

I think it died, and no one wrote a story about it.

Nothing to see here. Move along now to the next Brittany or Lindsey story.