PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulMeetUpVideos.com

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 04:13 PM
To me it's very inspirational to see whats going on in all the MeetUp groups for Ron Paul. I love seeing my fellow Americans get out there and spread the word. I started this new blog so we can have all the MeetUp videos in one place and so they can be broadcast out to everyone who subscribes.

Please subscribe and tell your friends and please send me your videos!

http://www.RonPaulMeetUpVideos.com

I'd also love some feedback if anyone has any.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 04:25 PM
You've got a great selection of videos! I hadn't seen a couple of those, somehow.

kern802
07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Great site, and yeah there were a couple I haven't seen yet, which was a pleasant surprise.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Okay....clicking through I see there were a TON of them that I hadn't seen before, and I'm a crazy Ron Paul junkie, so you're really serving an important need. This stuff was falling through the cracks for me. I did see something you're missing, though. Over in the links on the right, change "Blogroll" to "Important Links" or some title more relevant. Under that, add some links to get people involved with their local meetup groups. Like that page on Meetup that shows the locations of all the meetup groups and their sizes and such. After watching these videos, people want to get involved, so make it as easy for them as possible.

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Great suggestions- done!! :D

bojo68
07-08-2007, 05:03 PM
To me it's very inspirational to see whats going on in all the MeetUp groups for Ron Paul. I love seeing my fellow Americans get out there and spread the word. I started this new blog so we can have all the MeetUp videos in one place and so they can be broadcast out to everyone who subscribes.

Please subscribe and tell your friends and please send me your videos!

http://www.RonPaulMeetUpVideos.com

I'd also love some feedback if anyone has any.

The subscribe button just reloads the same page. I wanted to leave a video, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Why do I have to subscribe to leave a video?
Why does your subscribe not work? How did everybody else get there's up there?

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm new to blogging so if anyone sees any errors please let me know. I'm particularly wondering if the Subscribe feed is set up properly. For those of you that are subscribing to the blog- is everything coming through ok?

(For wordpresser's) Are wordpress blog stats supposed to tell you how many people subscribe? If so I can't find that anywhere. :confused:

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
The subscribe button just reloads the same page. I wanted to leave a video, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Why do I have to subscribe to leave a video?

haha- it looks like you beat me to it- as you can see I just posted about that.

I make the posts- I didn't know it could be set up differently but anyway I think I would rather people send me links and post them myself. I'm just worried about spam, but again I'm new to this so I don't necessarily know how to go about things the right way.

I just added to the right - to send me videos visit the about page and leave them as a comment. Does this work? What is the best way for me to go about this?

kylejack
07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Looks great. Keep up the good work.

Also, I don't really see a place where people can contact you with new videos they created or found?

Edit: haha, already being discussed. My bad. :)

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm pretty sure the subscribe button is working now.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Yes, it works now. How about another link on top? I didn't see Subscribe at first.

Home | About | RSS Feed (or Subscribe, but I think RSS Feed is more descriptive)

Also, maybe a link to the forums here on the Important Links? The more we can get everything interconnected, the better.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Or like:

Home | Submit a Video | Get Involved (linked to ronpaul.meetup.com) | RSS Feed | and maybe anything else you can think of for the top?

kylejack
07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Ooo, I had another idea. Edit that title image you're using at the top and where it says Hope for America replace the text with "The revolution will be televised." kind of playing off what you're already doing about "televising the revolution".

Heh, am I annoying you yet? :o

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
All great stuff and done- the image is the only thing I'm going to have to wait on.

Does anyone have a way to contact all the meetup group organizers at once? I'd love to let them know about the blog so they can send me their videos. If not I'll contact them one by one through the site- but I only have so much time to spare so anything to make it faster would be best.

..and thanks for the help kylejack! I've got the link back to these forums in place now as well. :)

bojo68
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
All great stuff and done- the image is the only thing I'm going to have to wait on.

Does anyone have a way to contact all the meetup group organizers at once? I'd love to let them know about the blog so they can send me their videos. If not I'll contact them one by one through the site- but I only have so much time to spare so anything to make it faster would be best.

..and thanks for the help kylejack! I've got the link back to these forums in place now as well. :)

Done?? I just sent you one and I don't see it?

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Done?? I just sent you one and I don't see it?

I was speaking with kylejack on that one. Sorry I should be using quotes all the time. Your post is live now as well.

After watching your video I must say you reached an incredible amount of people and it's clear you've put in a ton of work. Kudos to you patriot!

CJLauderdale4
07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Just submitted the 4 Florida YRNC rally links:

- Sneak Peek
- Rally Shouts
- Interviews of Attendees (2)

Stay tuned!!

bojo68
07-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I was speaking with kylejack on that one. Sorry I should be using quotes all the time. Your post is live now as well.

After watching your video I can see why you might be a little anxious. You reached an incredible amount of people and it's clear you've put in a ton of work. Kudos to you patriot!

It was a group effort, and we've got about 185 in our collective. I'm the clown he turned the camera sideways to get.

kern802
07-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Congrats, your new site just got a mention on Lew Rockwell's blog:

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/014002.html

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Just submitted the 4 Florida YRNC rally links:

- Sneak Peek
- Rally Shouts
- Interviews of Attendees (2)

Stay tuned!!

Thank you- I'm going to add those tomorrow. I need content for each day!

SwordOfShannarah
07-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Congrats, your new site just got a mention on Lew Rockwell's blog:

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/014002.html

Wow- thats awesome! Thanks for the feedback all in helping with this. The very very cool thing about this is that all those youtube videos are going to climb the charts, and that means more exposure for Ron Paul. The videos show us what people will do when they hear about Ron Paul, so this should be a big spiral upward. I'm very excited about this. I think we're going to reach a lot of people.