Really a very good TV ad at last!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmY-fW3gdc

The best by far!

damon04
12-20-2007, 07:14 PM
blimp!

dmspilot00
12-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Finally! It's about time the campaign put out a professional commercial! Now they need to make one similar but targeting NH Independents. I'm guessing this one is aimed at Iowa?

Micahyah
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Great ad for Iowa.

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Excellent ad! Good work Ron Paul Campaign! Best one yet!

cicatrice
12-20-2007, 07:16 PM
This is amazing! *bump*

Menthol Patch
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
That is a great ad!

Ron LOL
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
FINALLY.

Good production value. Good message. Good commercial. Why didn't we have stuff of this quality months ago?

Whatever, we have it now. Time to push push push!

Chibioz
12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice ad.

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
*clap* *clap* *clap*

rich34
12-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Is it already running? And if so where?

szczebrzeszyn
12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
good one

angrydragon
12-20-2007, 07:30 PM
That was really good.

ConvertedNeoCon
12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Gotta be Iowa. Fantastic job, BTW.

N13
12-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I hope that ad is targeting Iowa.

I'll be the one to say that I didn't like it that much. Others are much more appealing to me.

V4Vendetta
12-20-2007, 07:34 PM
WOW...

Great Add!!!!!!!!

Posting Everywhere!!!!!!!

scandinaviany3
12-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I hope they have a lot more

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 07:39 PM
FINALLY.

Good production value. Good message. Good commercial. Why didn't we have stuff of this quality months ago?

Whatever, we have it now. Time to push push push!

ONE WORD

MONEY

But now with over $18 million We can afford hollywood ads

That was awesome

LibertyForAll
12-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Very nice...and True.

celticsman7
12-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Is this eLiberty's ad?

Sey.Naci
12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Excellent.

Paulitician
Beautiful ad! w00t.

DrNoZone
Wow, they FINALLY got some professional production work! Wooooohooooo!!! No complaints here! I loved it!

smartguy911
FINALLYYY we see some quality in ads. very satisfied

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Thank God, a good one finally.

kutibah
12-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Awesome!

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Ugh. I really don't know about all this religious talk. I hope this is only running in Iowa, SC, etc.

apc3161
12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
WOOT!

Awesome ad, was that the eliberty commercial?

V4Vendetta
12-20-2007, 07:56 PM
WOOT!

Awesome ad, was that the eliberty commercial?

no

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 07:59 PM
"God Given Freedom"? Half the people on this forum are atheists, and we don't believe in "God."

Nash
12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
"God Given Freedom"? Half the people on this forum are atheists, and we don't believe in "God."

But Ron does.

Good thing this ad isn't targeting us either. We're already way on board. This ad is for people who watch television in Iowa and don't surf the intertubes except to send those digital photographs of their grandchildren via this electronic mails.

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Ron Paul is running for the nomination of the Republican Party and that is his position. He's said time and time again that we get our rights from our Creator. If you don't like it, I don't know what to tell you because that's his position. I, for one, think he's 100% correct.

V4Vendetta
12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Ugh. I really don't know about all this religious talk. I hope this is only running in Iowa, SC, etc.

Excuse me sir... READ THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE Our Rights are God Given..... The Constitution is written to protect them from man.

I'm surprised a Ron Paul supporter would even say such a thing

pacelli
12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Great ad!

V4Vendetta
12-20-2007, 08:06 PM

Go read "The Declaration Of Independence" & "The Constitution"

Our Rights are given to us by God.

The founders said so time and time again.

Man can not give rights

Nash
12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Go read "The Declaration Of Independence" & "The Constitution"

Our Rights are given to us by God.

The founders said so time and time again.

Man can not give rights

And even if they could we wouldn't want it to be this way. If Man can give us rights then Man can take them away. You of course see the problem here.

PRIEST
12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
"God given freedom" means the freedom that is inherently ours. It is not given to us by our government, nor anyone or anything else. It is ours from cradle to grave. I don't believe in the bearded man in the sky, but I understand what that saying implies.

PRIEST
12-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Obligatory: we've come a long way since "He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!"

Great work, HQ.

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 08:22 PM
"God given freedom" means the freedom that is inherently ours. It is not given to us by our government, nor anyone or anything else. It is ours from cradle to grave. I don't believe in the bearded man in the sky, but I understand what that saying implies.

Exactly. I hope these people aren't too close minded to accept a candidate who believes in God. I follow the example of Ron Paul. It shouldn't matter what the man's religion is as long as he doesn't want to force it on the rest of us like Mike Huckabee preaches. Protect our God given freedom! Vote Ron Paul for President!

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Excuse me sir... READ THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE Our Rights are God Given..... The Constitution is written to protect them from man.

The Declaration has nothing to do with the running of this nation. The Constitution says nothing about "God" for a reason. It was purposefully written WITHOUT the word "God."

There is a lot of "god" talk recently in this campaign, and the atheists in this movement will only put up with so much of it.

If it helps us win in Iowa, fine, but all this cross-carrying should be kept to a minumum. RP himself has said as much.

V4Vendetta
12-20-2007, 08:40 PM
There is a lot of "god" talk recently in this campaign, and the atheists in this movement will only put up with so much of it.

If it helps us win in Iowa, fine, but all this cross-carrying should be kept to a minumum. RP himself has said as much.

I agree with that, However The ad is only quoting the Declaration Of Independence

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not trying to go overboard, and I do realize we are having to deal with this issue mainly because of that slimy snake in the grass Huckabee draping himself with religion.

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 08:42 PM
A lot of God talk recently? It says God given freedom in this commercial, he had a Christmas commercial, but where else has he talked about it? Has he declared himself the Christian candidate like Huckabee? I don't think so. Do you speak for all atheists or just yourself? People on here might talk about it, but they also talk about a lot of things I disagree with! My people can only put up with so much of it! God God God!

Myerz
12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
More Like It.....

As Borat Might Say...........i Am So Excite!

0zzy
12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
It'd be excellent if the voice was different.

Other than that, the top two (can't tell if the Christmas ad is better or not :P)

austin356
12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
The Declaration has nothing to do with the running of this nation. The Constitution says nothing about "God" for a reason. It was purposefully written WITHOUT the word "God."

oh geeze....... lets make sure the atheist feel all warm and comfortable inside.

Paulitician
12-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I didn't even realize "God given rights" until people pointed it out. Though I did get the feeling of a little religious undertone with the kids reciting the Pledge of Allegiance because it has the phrase "under God." Meh, it's minor and irrelevant if you ask me. The ad is great!

PRIEST
12-20-2007, 08:52 PM
We need a cleanup crew on those YouTube comments. Obviously people are being paid to discredit Ron Paul on his home turf. While we are focusing on RL canvassing and what not, we must continue to defend our stronghold.

Ron LOL
12-20-2007, 08:52 PM

I lean atheist, and I wasn't anywhere even close to offended by this commercial.

However, I did raise an eyebrow when RP discussed abortion at the Ames straw poll. I'm much more receptive to the OB/GYN argument than the Jesus argument.

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 08:53 PM
oh geeze....... lets make sure the atheist feel all warm and comfortable inside.

Half the people on this forum are atheists. Think about it.

That means Ron has a very, very disproportionately high percentage of atheists supporting him. There are at least 30 million atheists in this country. Consider how much influence they could have supporting Ron in a general election. Bush only beat Kerry by a couple million votes, and barely squeaked out his win over Gore by like a tiny handful of votes in Florida. Turning off atheists from this campaign would be extremely foolish.

Probably 90% of the Google and Silicon Valley people who back Ron are atheists.

Paulitician
12-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Obviously people are being paid to discredit Ron Paul on his home turf.
Really? I didn't know that. I just thought they were losers with nothing better to do.

PRIEST
12-20-2007, 08:55 PM
I have no doubt that there are paid disinfo agents out there. I don't have evidence, but it's the vibe I get.

Ron LOL
12-20-2007, 08:56 PM
It'd be excellent if the voice was different.

Other than that, the top two (can't tell if the Christmas ad is better or not :P)

The voice actually sounds a bit like Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime). It isn't, but it sounds a bit like him.

Shellshock1918
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Really a very good TV ad at last!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmY-fW3gdc

The best by far!

F**K YEA!! THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKIN ABOUT!!

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I have no doubt that there are paid disinfo agents out there. I don't have evidence, but it's the vibe I get.

Huck's sheep are starting to become unhinged. They see all their Huck videos getting 1-star ratings and massive rapes in the comments, and they are lashing out pathetically. They are basically internet noobs, so they have no hope of competing with Ron's legions online.

We should simply thumbs down their comments, but not respond to them.

austin356
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Half the people on this forum are atheists. Think about it.

This forum is not representative to Ron Paul supporters as a whole. The people who frequent this forum are much more libertarian, much more radical, and much greater "defenders of reason" than the typical Paul supporter.

Sorry but you guys alienate me when you go on your anti-religion quest. I know dozens of Paul supporters outside the the meetups/official organization and not one of them would support Paul if he was an atheist. Point is he is walking a good line and if you try to disrupt the balance there will be major consequences.

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
This forum is not representative to Ron Paul supporters as a whole. The people who frequent this forum are much more libertarian, much more radical, and much greater "defenders of reason" than the typical Paul supporter.

Sorry but you guys alienate me when you go on your anti-religion quest. I know dozens of Paul supporters outside the the meetups/official organization and not one of them would support Paul if he was an atheist. Point is he is walking a good line and if you try to disrupt the balance there will be major consequences.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's leave it at that for now.

I like 95% of this ad, and I hope it helps us in Iowa.

It's beautifully put together.

LFOD
12-20-2007, 09:07 PM
hmm... I have to evaluate ads by how I react to them, not by how I *think* they might play to someone else. Honestly, if I didn't know anything about Ron Paul, this ad wouldn't turn me on to him. My impression is, yeah ok another Republican draping himself in the stars and stripes. I can't say how "Iowans" would view it. To me it's conventional, not memorable, and a bit of a bore. Nothing wrong with it realy, but not a breakthrough by any means.

0zzy
12-20-2007, 09:10 PM
hmm... I have to evaluate ads by how I react to them, not by how I *think* they might play to someone else. Honestly, if I didn't know anything about Ron Paul, this ad wouldn't turn me on to him. My impression is, yeah ok another Republican draping himself in the stars and stripes. I can't say how "Iowans" would view it. To me it's conventional, not memorable, and a bit of a bore. Nothing wrong with it realy, but not a breakthrough by any means.

Ya, but it looks professional. A lot of people think "he can't win" and this professional ad can help a lot.

jgmaynard
12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I think it'd be a great ad for some areas. From what I understand of Iowa, it looks like it might play well there.

I beg of them to pretty-please give us a nice "End the Income Tax, End the Iraq War" commercial for NH - hit McCain where he is the weakest on NH values.

JM

traviskicks
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
hmmm... its ok. My favorite radio comerical is about abolishing the IRS. Read meat stuff.

maxbish
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM

And Ron Paul said he approved of that message at the end of the ad.

I'm not a Christian and have zero problem with the ad. If someone doesn't believe in god, then IMHO they should be as upset over a mention of god as they should over a mention of Santa Claus :p

Great ad!

davidhperry
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Definitely the best ad yet. Let's hope they seriously flood the airwaves in Iowa and NH and keep them coming.

Sey.Naci
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I think it's a beautiful ad visually.

For a future ad, it would be nice to try a woman's voice. All of them so far, when a voiceover was used, have used a male voice.

LFOD
12-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Ya, but it looks professional. A lot of people think "he can't win" and this professional ad can help a lot.

It does have slick production values, but that would be expected of any presidential ad at this stage, and so there too, it does not stand out. A poorly produced ad may give the "minor candidate" impression, but run of the mill professional quality does not *distinguish* from any other ad from a candidate with money.

I'm not knocking it real hard. It'll probably produce results in whatever market it's intended for. I hope it's not the national ad though, I think it's just not original enough for that.

mavtek
12-20-2007, 09:29 PM
There we go! Great ad!

yongrel
12-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I miss this guy:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image.php?u=1392&dateline=1194287634

i wish they had squeezed him into the ad somehow.

Ara825
12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
We need a cleanup crew on those YouTube comments. Obviously people are being paid to discredit Ron Paul on his home turf. While we are focusing on RL canvassing and what not, we must continue to defend our stronghold.

The comment I left had received +10 score within minutes, but when I looked again they were down to +5 hmmmm

This is what I posted:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

I feel violated lol

Ara

Revolutn
12-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Red Alert!

The Anti-Paul troll-bot's are hitting the Video's comment section fast often and hard.

Vote their comments negative and or spam and rate the video high.

RPSignbomb
12-20-2007, 09:43 PM
FINALLY - It's slick and well made. Good job ... NOW AIR THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!

yongrel
12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Jeez, the anti-paul bots are really hitting this video hard. I've gone through all the comments and marked them as spam, but others need to do the same.

all J's in IL for RP
12-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Yep...just another top tier republican.

Crickett
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I agree with you, completely. I must say, however, I sure am glad they got rid of the plain whiteboard background. The video in NH had an hour of him talking on really crucial subjects in such a knowlegeable way..I think a great ad would be HOW he is planning on doing these things, like those people kept asking him..Like How would he get rid of the income tAx..and then a few of his savvy comments ...

Mithridates
12-20-2007, 10:28 PM

This is probably the best post on the thread so far.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
wow a lot better than the previous ads

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
this commercial was fantastic

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Red Alert!

The Anti-Paul troll-bot's are hitting the Video's comment section fast often and hard.

Vote their comments negative and or spam and rate the video high.

I negged them and flagged their spam. When you have one or two screennames posting 100 comments on a video, that's spam.

DRV45N05
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't like the text. They need to stay with the Bookman Antiqua: it's nice and rigid, and the "a' doesn't look emasculating.

Other than that, great ad!

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Just receive this email from my cousin in Des Moines when asked what was going on there:

"There's a big Ron Paul billboard down the road from my
house, and all the TV channels are swamped with
campaign ads. But you'd be surprised with how few
people actually talk about politics and the upcoming
election. I guess they just take it for granted that
Iowa goes first. I'm not sure what would appeal to
the the rural Iowa crowd, probably whatever keeps the
price of corn and soybeans high, but around suburban
Des Moines people really like convenience and the
status quo. "

*I liked the "swamped with campaign ads" part!*

RonPaulCult