PDA

View Full Version : It is time to SHUT UP!

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Okay, now that I have your attention, I'll take a slightly less rude approach.

First they ignore you...

Well, now they are attacking us and it is going to get worse. A LOT worse. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Look at all the time that has been wasted just on this forum, just in the last few days, responding to these attacks. Time that could have been spent in more productive, vote getting efforts.

If we continue to respond to attacks, within a matter of days we will be devoting ALL of our time to them.

We should resolve to stop responding to ALL attacks immediately, regardless of how heinous we believe them to be. Let Dr. Paul and the campaign respond if they think it necessary. He has already proven he can defend himself quite adequately. All we do by responding is to create a bigger problem than the one to which we are responding. (Can anyone say "blowback"?)

Please folks. I know most of us are civil people, but nasty, rude emails, threats and other negative responses ALWAYS have exactly the opposite effect of the desired one AND USE UP VALUABLE GRASS ROOTS TIME!

The minute you respond to an attack IN ANY WAY, the attacker has won. Just look at the mileage and negative publicity for RP that Beck got out of those threats, whether from real RP supporters or not (and I strongly suspect they WERE, based on some of the posts I've seen here).

Look at it this way: if you contact someone who said or wrote something you didn't like and call him every name in the book and even threaten him, do you really think this will change his mind? Of course not, but it will anger him enough to say even more things. The bottom line is that if you respond to attackers, at the very best you will simply not accomplish anything positive. There is however the strong possibility you will accomplish something that actually hurts the RP campaign as has already been proven far too many times.

If you have to respond, do so politely, without insult or threat and PROVE your point. But remember, you are still using your time to convince someone who almost certainly CANNOT be convinced while ignoring a voter who CAN be convinced.

idiom
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Incoming attacks should be placed int he bad media section.

This section is for coordinating future efforts.

RSLudlum
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I really like this idea of not responding for a while, might give 'em a good head scratchin'

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I really like this idea of not responding for a while, might give 'em a good head scratchin'

I didn't say anything about "for a while". If responding is a bad idea, it will still be a bad idea a year from now.

Besides, if you think about it, responding to attacks is arrogant and presumptuous. Attacks are against RP or his platform. We are not RP or his platform. We DO NOT speak for Ron Paul and have no right to presume that we do. For this reason alone we should keep quiet.

StateofTrance
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I think Mann Coulter is HOT.

Thanehand
12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Amen!

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
blimp

Electric Church
12-20-2007, 08:28 PM
there's nothing to stop establishment moles from pretending to be Ron Paul supporters and emailing threating letters to Beck or anybody else.

Personally I find it hard to believe that a true RP supporter would send threating letters.

just my opinion

DrNoZone
12-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Incoming attacks should be placed int he bad media section.

This section is for coordinating future efforts.

Totally agreed with this!