PDA

View Full Version : Liberty News Network is going online!

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
So far we have nearly a dozen volunteers, two of which are computer programmers, and are working on the site. Sadly, it seems we have lost interest in the project, as the thread has slacked off on posts. We need all the support we can get.

This thread is intended for the discussion of an idea I came up with, and if successful, could have astounding results.
Although the intended goal is for a fully functioning television station, website, and magazine, the plan is to start with a website. This is NOT going to be a Ron Paul fan site, although it will be from a constitutional viewpoint (one which Ron Paul would endorse). This project is titled "Operation: Free Speech", and the website/station is Liberty News Network.
If you would like to be involved, let me know.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
nt

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
If You Build It They Will Come

RoamZero
12-20-2007, 06:45 PM
You should start out with a simple Drudge-like site and build up from there.

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 06:46 PM

That is essentially where we are going. However, we need more volunteers, so please PM me if interested. Also register on the forum in my thread.

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Please people don't let these threads die.

Geronimo
12-20-2007, 06:56 PM
I think this is a great idea.

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I registered

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I registered

Awesome! Welcome aboard.

BuddyRey
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Could you post a list of positions you're seeking volunteers for?

LibertiORDeth
12-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Could you post a list of positions you're seeking volunteers for?

Well, we need (first and foremost) web programmers. We also need journalists, editors, administrators, and planners/advisers :p

If you would like to be involved, go on the forum to discuss this further.

Minuteman
12-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Hey luke, We made a subforum under the Grassroots Projects sectoin for LibertyTV. It will help us keep all the information in one spot and keep everyone on the same page instead of on 3 different projects. Fill free to ask Bryan to move any threads that you may wish over into it or create some more.

Pedro TT
12-21-2007, 03:17 AM
I would be happy to volunteer my time to this. I could host a radio show or something liek that.

LibertiORDeth
12-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey luke, We made a subforum under the Grassroots Projects sectoin for LibertyTV. It will help us keep all the information in one spot and keep everyone on the same page instead of on 3 different projects. Fill free to ask Bryan to move any threads that you may wish over into it or create some more.

I created a forum entirely for the purpose of this, which will be easier. I also made a private subforum for only those heavily involved to discuss things (such as web site names) that most people do not need to know about.

LibertiORDeth
12-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I would be happy to volunteer my time to this. I could host a radio show or something liek that.

Join the forum at freespeech.invisionplus.net if you would like to be involved.

Santana28
12-21-2007, 12:55 PM
what about TheFreedomNetwork? is that related?

regardless, its a great idea and i'm willing to contribute.

LibertiORDeth
12-21-2007, 11:48 PM
what about TheFreedomNetwork? is that related?

regardless, its a great idea and i'm willing to contribute.

Havn't heard of that one.
If you would like to join, visit the forum at
www.freespeech.invisionplus.net

LibertiORDeth
12-21-2007, 11:48 PM

Could you link it? I can't find it.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-21-2007, 11:58 PM

Drudge is just a sloppy news directory

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Drudge is just a sloppy news directory

Lol. We are probably not going to link to other news stories like that, all of the news is going to be from our site, not other peoples, unless they believe the same way we do ( and have news from a similar viewpoint).

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Come on guys we need all the help we can get. Especially from programmers.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-22-2007, 08:04 PM
How can I join it?

AceNZ
12-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Come on guys we need all the help we can get. Especially from programmers.

Why do we need help from programmers at this point?

It seems like there's an awful lot of planning that should be done before we start building any software.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-22-2007, 10:08 PM
nt

noztnac
12-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Please consider doing it from a Libertarian rather than a conservative viewpoint.

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 10:44 PM
How can I join it?

go to www.freespeech.invisionplus.net and sign up.

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Please consider doing it from a Libertarian rather than a conservative viewpoint.

I consider libertarian and very conservative the same thing, since I dont consider the Neo-Cons real conservatives. As stated, it will be from a viewpoint pretty much endorsed by Ron Paul.

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 10:47 PM
this is an older thread that the admins moved in here. popped up about the same time as freedomnetwork.us

I asked them to move it here.

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Why do we need help from programmers at this point?

It seems like there's an awful lot of planning that should be done before we start building any software.

The site needs to be built, until then there is little we can do but gather support.

Minuteman
12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
I think its kinda gotten confusing. So, im gonna try to clarify where I think everyone is at, if im wrong please correct me.

Freedomnet

Is the concept started awhile back when some earlier discussion came up about the subject. I believe they are looking at doing long term internet news with constitutional bias. They have registered a domain, although im not sure if this is the permanent domain, for the website. Not sure what stage they are on with an actual business plan model.

What we have been discussing here

The concepts we have discussed here so far is to start a news network starting on the internet and possibly branching out from there. Objective view points as the main focus, since you cannot have a true unbiased system, it leans toward a constitutional bias. We have not really discussed web layout and such. We are now starting on discussing our business model, seeing what road when want to travel in terms of corporate structure. Once that is determined we will be discussing mission statement, bylaws, operational terms, etc. There has also been some discussion from the technical side of going ahead and setting up some sites to do some initial testing.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-23-2007, 03:06 AM
nt

BeFranklin
12-23-2007, 03:30 AM
I think people are waiting for Christmas to be over. I know I am. Also still need some threads on main to let people know its here.

atilla
12-23-2007, 07:46 AM
I think its kinda gotten confusing. So, im gonna try to clarify where I think everyone is at, if im wrong please correct me.

Freedomnet

Is the concept started awhile back when some earlier discussion came up about the subject. I believe they are looking at doing long term internet news with constitutional bias. They have registered a domain, although im not sure if this is the permanent domain, for the website. Not sure what stage they are on with an actual business plan model.

The concepts we have discussed here so far is to start a news network starting on the internet and possibly branching out from there. Objective view points as the main focus, since you cannot have a true unbiased system, it leans toward a constitutional bias. We have not really discussed web layout and such. We are now starting on discussing our business model, seeing what road when want to travel in terms of corporate structure. Once that is determined we will be discussing mission statement, bylaws, operational terms, etc. There has also been some discussion from the technical side of going ahead and setting up some sites to do some initial testing.

free enterprise man, everybody do there own thing and let the market decide. i do find it amusing, so many ron paul supporters talking about non-profits on some of the threads.

i honestly believe, if you're coming from a ron paul background, you should be looking at a private for profit effort. find a few like minded folks, go off together, pool your resources and get it on.

this whole forum has a very collectivist mentality. lepards ad was worked on by a committee. everybody wants to vote on everything and put there two cents in. people want to complain about other peoples grassroots projects and say it should be done another way. do your own, don't be part of the collective.

i fear the ron paul revolution may be a chimera, a head of individualist liberty and a body of collectivist followers. now, i'm heading off to work on my project, i'll spare you anymore unsolicited advice. good luck guys!

Minuteman
12-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Atilla,

Im not sure I understand your post since you quoted mine. I dont care if there are 5 projects doing the same thing. People were getting confused as to which project was being talked about at which given time.

I agree, it cant be a non-profit organization and we have pretty much ruled that out on the project I have been discussing.

Im also sorry you feel that pooling resources on these boards is some collectivist mentality, I call it smart business practices.

Did you not see the sign on the door, No Soliciters Allowed. just kidding

Good luck on your project.

LibertiORDeth
12-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Freedomnet

That is essentially where we are going. We are creating a site so that we can test out certain options, and hope to have a fully functional website within about two months.

LibertiORDeth
12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
free enterprise man, everybody do there own thing and let the market decide. i do find it amusing, so many ron paul supporters talking about non-profits on some of the threads.

i honestly believe, if you're coming from a ron paul background, you should be looking at a private for profit effort. find a few like minded folks, go off together, pool your resources and get it on.

this whole forum has a very collectivist mentality. lepards ad was worked on by a committee. everybody wants to vote on everything and put there two cents in. people want to complain about other peoples grassroots projects and say it should be done another way. do your own, don't be part of the collective.

i fear the ron paul revolution may be a chimera, a head of individualist liberty and a body of collectivist followers. now, i'm heading off to work on my project, i'll spare you anymore unsolicited advice. good luck guys!

Good post. We are not aiming at a "non profit" website, although it WILL be a long time before anyone is receiving profits, and if we are going into this FOR profit, there are much more profitable ventures that could be started.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
nt

LibertiORDeth
12-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I have requested the admins move your thread and create your own project entitled operation free speech since that is your intention. I can see no logic behind your request to move your thread to this forum, the liberty tv project other than to create confusion. You are welcome to join the liberty tv project as is any member of this forum because that is the whole purpose of the liberty tv project is to turn previous ideas talked about in this forum into a reality. You are welcome to pm everyone who has discussed the project in the same manner I have to solicit support for your project and what you feel is your idea. Free market competition is fantastic since you desire to create a competing project. However to do it under the guise that your idea is the basis of this project is not welcome. You could have requested the admins to create your own project forum but you did not. You could have posted some ideas into this forum enhancing this project but you did not. You only requested your thread be moved to this forum.

I am sorry, I was told to move this here. Thanks for the help.

Zydeco
12-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I'll volunteer, I think it's an unavoidably good idea. Can help starting in mid-Jan.

All our ideas need are exposure. The lies of the MSM wouldn't last long with a competing Liberty Channel in the mix.

paulitics
12-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't think having more than one is bad, as long as people get involved. let the free market decide. Also the establishment will have a hard time infiltrating all of them.

A nonprofit one may be good as well, and could hedge against infiltration. Public funds will dry up, once it becomes corrupt.

Someone may even want to set up the antithesis of a constitutional channel. Controlled opposition that challenges the inherent bias of the liberty movement. The beauty is that it will neutralize the real opposition from the corporate elite, portraying them as fringe and extreme. The free market is a wonderful thing. Lets own it. Lets beat them at their own game. We know how they play.

Mark
12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't think having more than one is bad, as long as people get involved. let the free market decide. Also the establishment will have a hard time infiltrating all of them.

A nonprofit one may be good as well, and could hedge against infiltration. Public funds will dry up, once it becomes corrupt.

Someone may even want to set up the antithesis of a constitutional channel. Controlled opposition that challenges the inherent bias of the liberty movement. The beauty is that it will neutralize the real opposition from the corporate elite, portraying them as fringe and extreme. The free market is a wonderful thing. Lets own it. Lets beat them at their own game. We know how they play.

I don't know, personally had a tight deadline the last few days. Also the Tea Party last week. It's been busy this week.

Personally, I just wanted an honest nonbiased Network/TV Channel

- to compete against FOX/MSNBC/CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC ect.

News -something - with truth honesty substance, not Liberty this or Freedom that - Just basic honest reporting

Websites are out there, Libertarian things are out there- Honest reporting is missing to me - I wanted to start a new - honest -press venture

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
nt

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
No apology necessary.

Understand I have no ill will toward any other project, but this idea has been so fragmented and so unsuccessful to this point for any project I am not looking to create further confusion. With three projects I think there are better chances of one of them becomming a reality. With three projects there are more opportunities for people find like minded people. And ultimately that is how any of one these projects will be successful.

I completely agree.
Are you creating a constitutional news site like I, or are you creating a RP "fan site" as some people are trying?

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM

Would you like to join Operation: Free Speech?

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't know, personally had a tight deadline the last few days. Also the Tea Party last week. It's been busy this week.

Personally, I just wanted an honest nonbiased Network/TV Channel

- to compete against FOX/MSNBC/CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC ect.

News -something - with truth honesty substance, not Liberty this or Freedom that - Just basic honest reporting

Websites are out there, Libertarian things are out there- Honest reporting is missing to me - I wanted to start a new - honest -press venture

That is pretty much what ours is, however it is from a "constitutional" viewpoint, since it is impossible to create an unbiased news source. It will, however, be as you say honest and truthful, and will not be spun in a way to distort the truth.

Regards,
Luke

hocaltar
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, we need (first and foremost) web programmers. We also need journalists, editors, administrators, and think-tanks :p

If you would like to be involved, go on the forum to discuss this further.

I currently serve in a special operations unit in the U.S. Military and have 8 years of experiance. Should you need a journalist or someone to critique military articles, I would be more than willing. :)

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I currently serve in a special operations unit in the U.S. Military and have 8 years of experiance. Should you need a journalist or someone to critique military articles, I would be more than willing. :)

Awesome. As soon as the site is up your assistance will be needed.
If you would like to discuss and help plan the site, go to the forum at
www.freespeech.invisionplus.net

LibertiORDeth
01-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I need more web developers.

LibertiORDeth
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
bump

LibertiORDeth
01-06-2008, 11:49 AM
bump