PDA

View Full Version : For Those Curious--Tancredo Explains Why He Didn't Endorse Paul

familydog
12-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Tucker asked Tancredo why he didn't endorse Paul. Tancredo said it was about the war even though Tucker said Tancredo's views came closest to Paul's. Tancredo also mentioned that Romney is softer on immigration than he is and implied Paul is tougher on immigration. Who knows lol :confused:

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 05:29 PM
:rolleyes: Respect is lost.

Mister Grieves
12-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Tucker asked Tancredo why he didn't endorse Paul. Tancredo said it was about the war even though Tucker said Tancredo's views came closest to Paul's. Tancredo also mentioned that Romney is softer on immigration than he is and implied Paul is tougher on immigration. Who knows lol :confused:

Translation: He's doing what he's told so he can still qualify for a cabinet position or senate seat down the road.

hellah10
12-20-2007, 05:31 PM
we dont need em..

JPFromTally
12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with Paul... Just do it based on logical arguments of the issues.

rfbz
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
It went over pretty well. Tancredo said he's been a friend of Paul's for 10 years and they attend a liberty group every week and have a lot in common as far as their positions, but Tancredo believes we're at a war of civilizations right now and that's where he differs with Paul.

theseus51
12-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, if you think about it, it's the exact same reasoning Ron Paul uses when explaining why he wouldn't endorse ANY of the current GOP people. Differing opinions about the war.

fedup100
12-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Well I will tell you this. He has shown he cares nothing about this Country or it's people or Ron Paul. I have said from the get go he was no to friend of Ron Paul.

Mr. Tancreado you have shit your pants as far as I am concerned and do not even think of trying to run again, I will never support you in any endeavor you may take on.

Mandrik
12-20-2007, 05:35 PM
It's so sad how brainwashed even our politicians are.

devil21
12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Thats just weird. Tancredo's own pet issue (his whole platform, really) is immigration but that is trumped by the war issue?

justatrey
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Don't overlook the fact that Tucker AGAIN practically endorsed Paul. He said it was a weakness, AND ONE OF HIS ONLY WEAKNESSES.

I thought he was talking about being weak on terror though, not necessarily the war in Iraq.

RevolutionSD
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Tancredo is just another lost soul in a sea of evil.
He really is out of touch with reality.
We didnt need that endorsement so no sweat.

adwads
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
You tube??

Bradley in DC
12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Translation: He's doing what he's told so he can still qualify for a cabinet position or senate seat down the road.

Wow, as cynical as I. ;)

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Tancredo sold his soul in exchange for a potential position in Romney's cabinet. He says Romney is weak on the illegal immigration issue, yet he endorses him. It doesn't make sense. I can only conclude that Tancredo isn't as serious about stopping illegal immigration as he says he is. He's nothing but a SELL OUT and a FRAUD! I hope that his supporters are smarter than their candidate.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
youtube?

conner_condor
12-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Tancredo also mentioned that Romney is softer on immigration than he is and implied Paul is tougher on immigration.:cool:

Joe3113
Tancredo sold his soul in exchange for a potential position in Romney's cabinet. He says Romney is weak on the illegal immigration issue, yet he endorses him. It doesn't make sense. I can only conclude that Tancredo isn't as serious about stopping illegal immigration as he says he is. He's nothing but a SELL OUT and a FRAUD! I hope that his supporters are smarter than their candidate.

+1

thumbto
we dont need em..

Yes, we don't need him but it's hard to get over the feeling that war-mongers just consolodated their forces.

Okay, there. It's gone. Let's go get 'em.

Original_Intent
12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Tancredo is just falling into the "lesser of two evils" trap. He dows not want Giuliani or Huckabee to win and figures Romney is the "best bet" to knock them out, so that is where he put his support.

I think he knows that Paul is closest to his views but he is being a typical sheep and wants to be seen supporting a "top-tier" candidate. That's just my opinion, of course, but that's what it looks like to me.

RSLudlum
WTF?? I had some respect for Tancredo, alot more than the others, but to hear this is like a slap in my face telling me to wake the phuk up!!!! pitiful, very pitiful

Okosroka
It went over pretty well. Tancredo said he's been a friend of Paul's for 10 years and they attend a liberty group every week and have a lot in common as far as their positions, but Tancredo believes we're at a war of civilizations right now and that's where he differs with Paul.

Tancredo gets some of this rhetoric from Samuel P. Huntington who wrote the book Who Are We?, a book that Tancredo gets a lot of his rhetoric from.

Huntington OPPOSED the Iraq War and OPPOSES unnecessarily antagonizing the Muslim world. He supports a defensive military stance.

justatrey
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
AGAIN:

Tucker once again said good things about our man! He seems to be one of the few reporters bringing his name up consistently AND saying good things about him (unless I've been missing something)...

http://www.savetucker.org/

0zzy
12-20-2007, 05:49 PM
SPRENGELMEYER: You've named a few that you believe have changed to more sounding like you.

TANCREDO: Even (Rep.) Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, and for years was absolutely an open-borders guy. Now, the last few years it has been different. But originally man, he voted I think for a lot of the stuff, in the past amnesties and whatever.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/sprengelmeyer/archives/2007/12/tancredo_out_endorses_romney.html

Fields
12-20-2007, 05:49 PM
youtube please.

familydog
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Tancredo gets some of this rhetoric from Samuel P. Huntington who wrote the book Who Are We?, a book that Tancredo gets a lot of his rhetoric from.

Huntington OPPOSED the Iraq War and OPPOSES unnecessarily antagonizing the Muslim world. He supports a defensive military stance.

That's a good book and I recomend it. Bought it when it came out. Stay away from it if you're not concerned with immigration or don't care about mulitculturalism though.

hocaltar
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow, quit bitching about Tancredo not supporting Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul has said publicly several times that he wouldn't support any of the current crop of candidates.

user
12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Tancredo endorsed Romney? Hahahaha!

Tancredo is just a tool Romney is trying to use to knock off the Huckster.

user
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/sprengelmeyer/archives/2007/12/tancredo_out_endorses_romney.html
Again, maybe my fellow RP supporters will stop praising this guy now.

rasheedwallace
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
he sold out - bottom line.

wildflower
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I had a feeling it was their difference on the war/terrorism issue that kept Tancredo from endorsing Paul.

It shouldn't be that surprising that he didn't endorse Paul - even in one of the debates he made a point to say to Paul that he disagrees with his take on the terrorism situation.

But I am disappointed that he endorsed Romney. :confused: Heck, Hunter would've been better, but Hunter isn't going anywhere and will probably have to drop out soon too.

rasheedwallace
anyone know a way to contact tancredo

i will be polite, but i would like him to bow his head a bit for this shameless thing he has done with romney.

coffeewithchess
I don't think Tancredo is following any code...I think he is probably being serious for his reason of not endorsing Ron Paul. I think the best thing to change his mind is to get the Ron Paul reading assignment into his hands, that is the best thing to wake up people with his mind set.

devil21

Id have to see that to believe it. Can anyone confirm an open borders policy for RP only a few years ago and votes for amnesty?? I just can't see that being true...

all J's in IL for RP
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Drop the invective, ok people? Tancredo isn't evil, he's hasn't sold his soul, he's not a FRAUD, etc. He's just a politician covering his keister. He's bought in with Romney for so that when he runs for Senate, he can call in a favor. Unfortunately for him, he's backed the wrong horse.

We shouldn't expect politicians to line up to support Ron. He's still "only" a congressman, going against the grain of conventional GOP wisdom. We'll get the endorsements only after we prove we can win.

user
12-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Tancredo isn't evil, he's hasn't sold his soul, he's not a FRAUD, etc. He's just a politician covering his keister.

You're contradicting yourself here.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Youtube

FireofLiberty
12-20-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not surprised Tancredo didn't endorse Ron. They're a million miles apart on foreign policy. Ron is a non-interventionist, Tancredo has called for nuking Mecca.

Created4
12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Tancredo is just falling into the "lesser of two evils" trap. He dows not want Giuliani or Huckabee to win and figures Romney is the "best bet" to knock them out, so that is where he put his support.

I think he knows that Paul is closest to his views but he is being a typical sheep and wants to be seen supporting a "top-tier" candidate. That's just my opinion, of course, but that's what it looks like to me.

You've hit it right on the head. Obviously this guy believes in the polls, which is the only reason he would pull out just before Iowa and New Hampshire when the race is still wide open. So if he believes in the polls, he doesn't want to support someone he thinks also has no chance. It is not about the issues at all. He will look awfully foolish if Dr. Paul ends up doing well and becomes a "top tier" candidate. He should have at least waited until after Iowa to see how things are really going to begin to take shape.

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
He is BOTH a FRAUD and a SELL OUT! Remember at the CNBC debate when he said that he sick of choosing between the lesser of two evils? What about all of that talk about securing the borders? Romney has a stellar record on that issue NOW THAT HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY! Romney hasn't held a CONSISTENT position since he's been in politics! Would Ron Paul ever endorse a neo-con like Romney? NO! Tancredo is letting politics and power get in the way of principles. I just hope that his supporters see through their FAKE candidate!

Cleaner44
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Tancredo = no integrity

yongrel
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
There's one salient point I would like to make about Tancredo endorsing Romney:

I just don't care!

There. It's off my chest. Now let's go hand out some slim jims.

Matt
12-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Id have to see that to believe it. Can anyone confirm an open borders policy for RP only a few years ago and votes for amnesty?? I just can't see that being true...
Completely untrue, he was for closed borders even when he was running on the Libertarian ticket. A lot of the open borders Libertarians didn't like him for it and there was controversy. This was all before my time but that's what I heard from people who remember it.

theseus51
12-20-2007, 06:17 PM
If Ron Paul had dropped out before Tancredo, Ron Paul would not have endorsed Tancredo. Does that make Ron Paul a sell-out or evil or have no integrity? Like everyone said, they agree on almost everything except the War. But for that one issue, Ron Paul would not have endorsed Tancredo. Stop complaining, ok?

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
If Ron Paul had dropped out before Tancredo, Ron Paul would not have endorsed Tancredo. Does that make Ron Paul a sell-out or evil or have no integrity? Like everyone said, they agree on almost everything except the War. But for that one issue, Ron Paul would not have endorsed Tancredo. Stop complaining, ok?

WRONG! Ron Paul would have had the INTEGRITY to NOT endorse anybody! Tancredo didn't do that! He compromised his INTEGRITY and chose the lesser of two evils, Mitt Romney! RON PAUL WOULD NEVER ENDORSE A NEO-CON!!!!!!!

CelestialRender
12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
He had some of my respect, even though he was a hawk.

He lost 100% of it today, when I saw that headline.

idiom
12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
RP supports non-amnesty because he is for rule of law.

Tancredo support *sealing* the borders because he fears everything else out there. For him the planet is not covered with humans but with civilisations.

Fundamentally different mindsets.

theseus51
12-20-2007, 06:34 PM
So what everyone is saying, is that if Tancredo compromised his views on the war, and supported Ron Paul, he would be a great man and a patriot. But because he compromised his views on immigration, and supported Romney, he's a traitor and has no integrity?

murrayrothbard
12-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Umm who cares?? Is Romney going to get a big bounce from the hundred or so supporters Tancredo had?? :rolleyes:

Jerome
12-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I lost a lot of respect for Tancredo. He clearly disagreed with Ron on foreign policy, but Ron was very much in the same vein on illegals which is Tancredo's favorite topic, so this doesn't make sense at all.

You just gotta wonder what ol Tom was given for this endorsement.

Mastiff
12-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I liked Tancredo okay. I remember when he said in a debate that maybe the federal government really shouldn't be providing cradle to grave health care for everyone. Nobody else besides RP would say that so bluntly.

He lost my respect today. Something happened behind the scenes to cause this endorsement. If he endorsed nobody, or even Fred, it might be understandable, but this is just weird.

The plus is that I don't think his supporters are fools. I know a few and they will either go to RP or Fred because they are kind of on board with the immigration stuff, but mostly just want a small government conservative. If they go Fred it's because they can't shake the war mindset.

InRonWeTrust
12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
He fails to understand the reality of what causes terrorism and how to actually stop it. In this, he shares company with about 90% of the US population, unfortunately.

atilla
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
i pity ron paul for having such shallow and vindictive supporters.

torchbearer
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
i pity ron paul for having such shallow and vindictive supporters.

I pity you for generalizing about everyone..its a simpletons way of making sense of the word....i really do pity you, your world must be so small.

vegetarianrpfan
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM

No, Tancredo is wrong on the Federal Reserve, devaluation of our currency, some civil liberties issues, removing foreign bases, some federalism issues, etc. I could go on. Ron Paul differs with Tancredo, as Tancredo said, on one of Tancredo's issues, whereas Ron Paul has more issues to focus on and to disagree with Tancredo about, which would preclude an endorsement.

So what everyone is saying, is that if Tancredo compromised his views on the war, and supported Ron Paul, he would be a great man and a patriot. But because he compromised his views on immigration, and supported Romney, he's a traitor and has no integrity?

The point is that Tancredo is wrong on foreign policy, but right on immigration, so he chose the wrong issue to focus on-- and everyone is calling him out for it because he always made illegal immigration his specialty.

He also flat-out lied and said that Ron Paul used to be for open borders.

-----------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

JustAnotherV
12-20-2007, 08:35 PM
For those of you asking for a YouTube it is on MSN video under News/Tucker.

Goldwater Conservative
12-20-2007, 08:57 PM
SPRENGELMEYER: You've named a few that you believe have changed to more sounding like you.

TANCREDO: Even (Rep.) Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, and for years was absolutely an open-borders guy. Now, the last few years it has been different. But originally man, he voted I think for a lot of the stuff, in the past amnesties and whatever.

What is he, a sixteen year old girl? :D Plus, he's got his facts wrong. Paul is and always has been a tough-on-borders libertarian.

Anyway, if the Tank wanted someone who shared his views on both immigration and the war, why didn't he endorse Hunter? Or even Thompson?

jgmaynard
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM

What makes you think that President Paul is going to give him a cabinet post after that? :D

JM

billv
12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Before reading his explanation, I'm guessing it's because Ron doesn't want to nuke Mecca?

devil21
12-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Im starting to think this Sprenglemeyer guy took some liberties of his own with Tancredo's words, if not outright lied.

Ok, would a presidential candidate say "But originally man..." and "lot of the stuff...amnesties and whatever". I agree with the poster above. Tancredo isn't a 16 year old girl and wouldn't speak like that during a press conference.

kotetu
12-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm guessing Romney loaned Tancredo a few million.