PDA

View Full Version : Digg It: AP omits Ron Paul and his $2 million from article on 2nd qtr fundraising.

jj111
07-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Digg this:

AP omits Ron Paul and his $2 million from article on 2nd qtr fundraising.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/AP_omits_Ron_Paul_and_his_2_million_from_article_o n_2nd_qtr_fundraising

kylejack
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
No, DON'T digg this. Some of you people are out of control with the digging. Digg INTERESTING and RELEVANT things. This AP article was posted JULY 4TH. Ron Paul announced his earnings JULY 6TH. The Associated Press has not yet invented a time machine.

Bradley in DC
07-08-2007, 01:12 PM
No, DON'T digg this. Some of you people are out of control with the digging. Digg INTERESTING and RELEVANT things. This AP article was posted JULY 4TH. Ron Paul announced his earnings JULY 6TH. The Associated Press has not yet invented a time machine.

Excellent, beat me to it.

maiki
07-08-2007, 01:43 PM

lol!! :p

damijin
07-08-2007, 01:49 PM
sigh

jd603
07-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Ugh, I already dug it, SON OF A B.

I agree, don't paste every single RP story, it IS annoying. Post the real important things and then ask for the group to dig it up.

damijin
07-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Protip: check facts, read the comments, THEN DIGG.

Also, don't bury everyone with an opposing viewpoint, it's stupid. Ron Paul has a near-spotless record. What's the worst thing they can say? Nothing.

Burying them gives them more attention than letting them speak.

IrrigatedPancake
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I think it's probably not the case that the AP actually kept RP out of the article since they wouldn't have known how much money he had at the time it was written, though I think it was probably an honest mistake.

but...

I have to agree with kylejack about the digging. Digg is not a battle ground, it is a community. If you think someone is exploiting the system to bury RP articles, then contact the digg admins. Don't just fight because something looks like it's in your path. It's too reactionary, which in extreme situations, can be used against RP by anyone determined to make him unpopular in communities like digg.

I understand that I can not hope, nor should I try to control what others do, but part of being free is being responsible, and I believe that I would be irresponsible if I did not encourage a change, or at least a discussion about what seems to be a negative strategy.

Of course, I think this is being done with the best of intentions, but most actions throughout history, bad, good, and in between were committed with the best intentions. The problem with most bad outcomes is that there was not enough discussion.

IrrigatedPancake
07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Ugh, I already dug it, SON OF A B.

I agree, don't paste every single RP story, it IS annoying. Post the real important things and then ask for the group to dig it up.

you can undigg.