PDA

View Full Version : Is the blim project "deflating"?

adwads
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
It doesn't look like to me that they will be able to have $400,000 by tomorrow. Does that mean the blimp will be grounded tomorrow?

I get the feeling that the grassroots is kind of tired right now. Maybe after the holidays we will get our energy back?

LibertyForAll
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
The blimp is in the air over Baltimore right now! There is a huge drive to raise money to keep it airborne! Go to http://www.ronpaulblimp.com Today and Please Give Something! This is a huge boost for the campaign.

JeffersonThomas
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think the grassroots are tired at all, just broke. Tea Party + Christmas = NO $$$ ...but if anybody can spare or sacrifice I do hope the blimp can get funding

Stealth4
12-20-2007, 04:44 PM
People dont really know it needs money - and many dont understand why it needs money by this day - we need a better explanation of things from the blimp organizers.

I have $50 orginally, I've given to the campaign - I am kinda worn out, I could give another $50, but frankly I just feel like an ATM machine and dont wanna.

JeffersonThomas
12-20-2007, 04:48 PM
People dont really know it needs money - and many dont understand why it needs money by this day - we need a better explanation of things from the blimp organizers.

I have $50 orginally, I've given to the campaign - I am kinda worn out, I could give another $50, but frankly I just feel like an ATM machine and dont wanna.

Come on now...we all know ATM machines only give in denominations of $20s...don't pull our leg here. Pony up the dough! LOL....j/k...I hear ya, and I think, sadly, it might just spell death for the blimp because I'm pretty sure a whole lot of us are in the same boat.

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 04:50 PM
It doesn't look like to me that they will be able to have $400,000 by tomorrow. Does that mean the blimp will be grounded tomorrow?

I get the feeling that the grassroots is kind of tired right now. Maybe after the holidays we will get our energy back?

There is no time for getting tired.......iowa is jan 3....gotta push on.

Here's some motivation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavFoyYJwPQ

rwl4
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Everybody donate!

all J's in IL for RP
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Here's some motivation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavFoyYJwPQ

:D

Mental Dribble
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Thu Dec 20, 11:15AM - Over Baltimore with the media
Details: Today on the blimp: Giving some rides to the media around the Baltimore area. On board the current flight is Ben Roth with the Houston Chronicle and an Associated Press photographer. At 1:30pm they will be landing back at the Harford Airport to pick up Quinn Bowman and Dave Gustafson (videographer) with the Jim Lehrer Online News Hour and Chris Beam and Andy Bouve (videographer) with www.slate.com

Slate has a big following.

GOTTA LOVE IT!

Trigonx
12-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Donate rather than suggesting it might be "deflating"!!!!!!

jp5065
12-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Come on now...we all know ATM machines only give in denominations of $20s...don't pull our leg here. Pony up the dough! LOL....j/k...I hear ya, and I think, sadly, it might just spell death for the blimp because I'm pretty sure a whole lot of us are in the same boat.

ATMs by me give out 50 dollar bills....

disciple
12-20-2007, 04:57 PM
The Blimp is money well-spent. Please donate.

JeffersonThomas
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM

DOH! ...maybe it has something to do with my bank account never being > $40 ;)

LandonCook
12-20-2007, 04:59 PM
blimp!!!

AMeredith
12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Gotta shift around some funds, but I'm in for $100.

On Christmas morning, I'll let my kids watch a video of that majestic ship in the air.
Ron Paul is the best present they could ever get.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Here's some info from the blimp website:

Thursday 1:45 pm The Blimp has Landed
Thursday, December 20th, 2007 by Katharine Memole
The blimp just landed in Harford, MD after its first media flight. It will take off shortly with another set of reporters. We still have live feed so you may get to watch it take off for the next flight.

http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp

Posted in 1. All Posts | No Comments »

Thursday Updates…live blimp feed over Baltimore and Hovering over rush hour
Thursday, December 20th, 2007 by Katharine Memole
Hi everyone!

A quick update. We are currently broadcasting live feed from over Baltimore at: http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp . We should be landing back at the airport in Harford, MD around 1:30pm. There are currently plans to find a good spot for our wireless connection and hover over rush hour traffic this evening while broadcasting live on Ron Paul Radio.

LandonCook
12-20-2007, 11:26 PM
blimp!!!

davidt!
12-20-2007, 11:52 PM
A little more motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmIHlomF7hs

defcreative
12-21-2007, 12:11 AM

Not surprising due to all the inflation! :eek: :p

mathamagician
12-21-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know last time I tried to help save the blimp I found out it's 'date of death' was actually contrived meaning it was just a goal. We raised the money in time but it still didn't take off on time because of delays. I seriously doubt they will force us to permanently ground the Blimp if we don't have the money by tomorrow. We have raised 3/4 of the money so surely they will let it fly for 3/4 of a month at least.

from the website:

"As a next step, we need to receive $400,000 in total sponsorships by December 21st to keep the blimp in the air through the New Hampshire primaries."

It sounds to me like a 'goal' again in order to 'keep the blimp in the air through the New Hampshire primaries' basically to keep it up another month. It says nothing about grounding the blimp within the next few days.

defcreative
12-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't know last time I tried to help save the blimp I found out it's 'date of death' was actually contrived meaning it was just a goal. We raised the money in time but it still didn't take off on time because of delays. I seriously doubt they will force us to permanently ground the Blimp if we don't have the money by tomorrow. We have raised 3/4 of the money so surely they will let it fly for 3/4 of a month at least.

I agree, but the real complaint is that NO ONE KNOWS because the official blimp crew doesn't open their mouths.

There is a very frustrating lack of communication that seems to be upsetting the grassroots supporters. A simple mass email on the teaparty07 list could probably raise a lot of the necessary money.

michael.byrne
12-21-2007, 12:27 AM
I agree, but the real complaint is that NO ONE KNOWS because the official blimp crew doesn't open their mouths.

There is a very frustrating lack of communication that seems to be upsetting the grassroots supporters. A simple mass email on the teaparty07 list could probably raise a lot of the necessary money.

And arrogant attitude from blimp organizers as well. When 80% forumers were against the idea of "Google RP" banner, they ignore it. When 80% forumers were against flying the blimp with only one banner, they told us something along the line that our opinion doesn't mean jack.

Just to name a few...

jorlowitz
12-21-2007, 01:41 AM
And arrogant attitude from blimp organizers as well. When 80% forumers were against the idea of "Google RP" banner, they ignore it. When 80% forumers were against flying the blimp with only one banner, they told us something along the line that our opinion doesn't mean jack.

Just to name a few...

Unfortunatley, I agree. The Blimp folks a) hijacked a grassroots idea and turned it into a private company without warning b) stated treating the forums like a place for press releases and 'consumer inquiries' rather than a discussion with the people who started it... WE ARE NOT CONSUMERS, WE WERE THE INVENTORS... and c) has been consistently tight-lipped or just late-lipped about pretty much every important development from the slogan/message to the banners to the schedule. The project has changed a lot, and with the blimp lost somewhere between grassroots land and company land, it's just not clear they are still making the connection.

That said, I think the blimp has to stay in the air for the full month. But there should be some changes or at least better explanation if this is going to continue.

Lastly, I thank and appreciate the work of McKarnin (who has tried to answer questions and not be TOO corporate-like... and spent lots of time doing this for free) and Elijah (who's always been open and upfront about what's going on). In all, I don't know who's dropping the ball or if the problem is simply that all the highfalutin talk about 'going corporate' changed the expectations around here. I'm sure people would have been a lot more forgiving and understanding (and HELPFUL) if they had been open with us as the project was developing (rather than after the fact). It's kind of up to them and us both, but it doesn't look like the blimp will make it much longer if this continues. And if it does, it will almost be 'reluctantly' as press picks up. On the other hand, I think supporters would have funded the blimp without question if they felt the interactions were really in the spirit of this campaign.

So. I'm in $25 more. Sigh. Optimism.

DirtMcGirt
12-21-2007, 01:44 AM
this is not over till tomorrow at 12... as Doyle Brunson has said thousands of times "I'm all IN"

NYgs23
12-21-2007, 01:49 AM
I think it's completely irrelevant what the blimp organizers botched at this point. The blimp has to stay in the air for the bad press it will generate if it doesn't. You know the cretins are just waiting for an opening. As for not being able to do it, we raised 60 times this amount in one day less than a week ago!!!

tomveil
12-21-2007, 01:58 AM
I think it's completely irrelevant what the blimp organizers botched at this point. The blimp has to stay in the air for the bad press it will generate if it doesn't. You know the cretins are just waiting for an opening. As for not being able to do it, we raised 60 times this amount in one day less than a week ago!!!

This is sadly very true. The blimp coming DOWN will be played MUCH MUCH more in the media than it going up. We can't give them that ammo. Besides, the 2nd banner is on, we were over Baltimore today, and NYC soon! Then we swing down into some warmer weather. If the weather was good and the blimp was able to make it to Boston, this wouldn't even be an issue I think.

slowmotionjones
12-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Donated

electronicmaji
12-21-2007, 02:08 AM
I gave my 25 dollars to ron paul on the bomb day

that was the only 25 dollars I had I wasn't able to get any christmas presents for anyone

If I had more money I'd give it but im just flat broke....:(

kimosabi
12-21-2007, 02:11 AM
I gave my 25 dollars to ron paul on the bomb day

that was the only 25 dollars I had I wasn't able to get any christmas presents for anyone

If I had more money I'd give it but im just flat broke....:(
Freedom and Liberty will last your friends and family a lifetime and is the greatest gift we could ever give...

Thankyou