PDA

View Full Version : Liberty TV to start as www.ronpauliptv.com, Calling all interested for help

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
nt

Bacon
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
I think we need to combine all efforts. There are 3 different groups of people trying to start this project. I think it is in out best interest to not compete at this point.

shasshas
12-20-2007, 04:46 PM
YAY!!!! I Knew We could do this!!!!!

Go Liberty TV!!

Please use this opportunity to inverview ordinary people about their current experience of lif ein the USA. Especially if they have been laid off, having financial torubles or whatver tourble s- -- just talk the oridnary talk.

Talk about your hopes and drams and what america means to you. Your family. Your hobbies and how it all fits together.

There's not enough of ordinary home talk on these MSM clogged airwaves.

shasshas
12-20-2007, 04:53 PM
If anybody wants to contact me, I'd be willing to give a shot contributing on a radio show talking from Australia. I can try to reach the meet up group here if you like.

No absolute promises but I could try. It will help provide content.

Shink
12-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I registered the domain ronpauliptv.com

There is a lot of interest in Liberty TV. ronpauliptv will be the testing ground for Liberty TV and benefit the campaign at the same time. This will allow us to work out all of the kinks and refine our ip delivery and advertising capabilites while focusing on the campaign. As soon as the campaign is over, the network will be renamed to the official name of the network which is yet to be determined.

I was laid off from a contract two days ago, I can not afford to pay for hosting however I will volunteer my time to help develop this project which I have an abundace of right now. Here is what the project needs to grow wings.

1) A Web 2.0 technical talent alliance of contributors. Private message me for all of my contact information. My strongest environment is php and for an initial presentation layer I am inclined to believe we will be using the open source/LAMP side to keep costs down. I want to start talking immediately with other technical people interested and developing the initial web 2 plan which will evolve as we get better at delivering iptv.

2) A shared web host or dedicated server. With regards to shared hosting I know midphase.com has an unmetered hosting plan for around $11/mo. which is uncommon for shared hosting. I am also aware of ServerPronto for dedicated server hosting. There are certainly others someone in the community might already have a dedicated server we can use.

3) Someone with business organization experience. Some of the credible senior members of the coumminty already behind the idea are needed to help promote it. This project needs a legal entity, and a fund raiser to get a small news/camera crew covering Ron Paul whereever he goes. This same crew will also be able to record and compile news clips in the down time.

4). Anyone who has the camera/filming experience interested in volunteering.

5). Anyone affiliated with the campaign so we can get a small news crew approved to cover Ron Paul.

6) A project thread for ronpauliptv in the grass roots projects.

I do not want to see this project blimped because to generate ad sustaining revenues it will ulltimately have to be a for profit project after the campaign. I am interested in this project succeeding because our country needs it. I believe ownership of the project should lie with those who contribute money and take on the financial risk to help it succeed. I would like to see us raise money to get a film/news crew in place to generate content. I welcome technical talent that would like to help get it off the ground. I welcome business talent that will volunteer to help organize it. I welcome sales talent that will volunteer to help generate ad revenues. I welcome administrative talent to help keep the project organized. I welcome any talent that can benefit the project to make this the best news network in the nation.

Maybe some of the ronpaulradio guys could help with content. We should have a call-in political talk show ala cspan.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
nt

constitutional
12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
As soon as the campaign is over, the network will be renamed to the official name of the network which is yet to be determined.

Please elaborate...

shasshas
12-20-2007, 05:11 PM
i would also be interested to learn more about helping with serving the feed if needed.

i'm not sure if I can contribute but I may be able to get access to a quantity of hardware and I think it could be worthwhile for me to pay to up my bandwidth. but i don't know how it could fit in.

Message me if you like.

0zzy
12-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I wanted to create this! :P

JeffersonThomas
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Amazing, Amazing...:D

hawkeyenick
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
first off, I don't think it's going to go over well launching with a completely blatant bias unless we make it openly known that it's a libertarian-leaning network

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
As Bacon stated, we need to combine our efforts, although it may not be feasible, since it sounds as if you want a Ron Paul station.
We, however, are creating a news website and television station from a viewpoint similar to that of Ron Paul's.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58298

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
nt

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I want to create a news station like what we have talking about. As someone pointed out it took another internet tv network a year to get up and running. I think this project is large. I look at ronpauliptv as a way to refine the ip delivery and develop technical competence. ronpauliptv can heavily cover the campaign and at the same time perfect the advertising / delivery model. When the campaign is over the idea will then become the Liberty TV that we all want. At the end of the campaign the whole thing will be renamed to a name like what we have been discussing in the private messages. There is so much to do I look at ronpauliptv as a way to promote the campaign and perfect the technical side of Liberty TV.

In so many ways this is a very good approach. It allows us to keep our efforts focused on Dr. Paul and at the same time perfect the technology that will make Libery TV (or whatever it ends up being named) work.

In any event I am moving the therad to this forum which is probably more appropriate
http://ronpaulnetwork.info/forum/index.php?board=3.0

It's not going to go beyond Ron Paul supporters, though, even if you change the name. The best idea is to start it as a news website, not a Ron Paul fan site.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
nt

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 06:31 PM
My only concern is that it gets started. The whole idea is fragmented throughout the community. If people want to start it as a news network thats fine. If people prefer to start it as a ronpaul site as I am suggesting that's fine as well. Either way, lets gather a consensus, make some decisions, and start it. I like the other forum better for this topic because its not wide open to the public. I think the idea should be refined by people who are seriously interested and then bring it back to a public forum. We can sit here and discuss it for months and everyone will not agree on everything. There are too many opinions. Even whatever is planned initially is going to change becasue no one is an expert in iptv models because it's to new of a technology. I am only promoting that we come together and make it happen now. I think if we wait we could lose our window of opportunity.

I could make my forum private, but I think its fine, since for anything secretive that needs to be said PMs can be used.

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 06:33 PM
For some reason, http://ronpaulnetwork.info/forum/ is not working.

terryp
12-20-2007, 06:37 PM
It seems to be an excellent idea to set it up as a Ron Paul fan site while you shake out all of your business issues.
This would be a good start to a new generation of politics and lifestyle. Look forward to seeing it.

twdahm
12-20-2007, 06:55 PM
why wouldnt you to:

ronpaul.tv
or

liberty.tv

instead of all that iptv.com stuff?

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
nt

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
nt

Danny Molina
12-20-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.libertynewschannel.com/ isn't taken.

sirachman
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I suggested this idea also in one topic earlier. I suggested Liberty news network but i like liberty tv also! send me a private message if you want me to help somehow!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 07:39 PM
nt

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 07:46 PM
nt

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
the domain ronpaultv is not available, it is being squatted on. so is liberty.tv. I started passing around a list in private threads because if the details of this are discussed in a public forum it is just going to create a run on domain names. Why is why I am strongly advocating the other form.

Which is why I am also creating a private forum on my forum, for topics that only those that need to know can read.

LibertiORDeth
12-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I successfully created a private forum on the Operation: Free Speech forum. If you would like to try to combine our efforts, in order to get this up faster and more efficiently, let me know.