PDA

View Full Version : What a Tancredo supporter is saying about Ron Paul

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I apologize if this was already posted. I found this pretty interesting and I think it could be used in relation to bringing in some others from the Tancredo camp.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=94677

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Good Stuff!

Peppy690
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM
nice..bump

slantedview
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
"I've dug up on my long awaited witch hunt - that turned into almost total admiration - for Ron Paul on immigration. "

Stealth4
12-20-2007, 04:15 PM
all day I've been posting asking for research help on Ron Paul's immigration related votes that Tancredo supporters have been asking about (4 threads so far) and not a single person has offered to help. Is the forum only about self-congratulating and inaction?

If someone can help with this please reply or PM me - we need to dig into about 20 different votes to see why RP voted the way he did, which on the surface were votes you'd expect to be opposite if RP was anti-illegal immigration.

The standard " he doesnt vote for unconstitutional legislation" etc wont cut it, we need the specific reason for each bill - what was unconstitutional specifically etc.

Ethek
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
The drill down link in the thread the Op posted had lots of good comments and insights into how Tacredos supporters are siding... Its encouraging.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
all day I've been posting asking for research help on Ron Paul's immigration related votes that Tancredo supporters have been asking about (4 threads so far) and not a single person has offered to help. Is the forum only about self-congratulating and inaction?

If someone can help with this please reply or PM me - we need to dig into about 20 different votes to see why RP voted the way he did, which on the surface were votes you'd expect to be opposite if RP was anti-illegal immigration.

The standard " he doesnt vote for unconstitutional legislation" etc wont cut it, we need the specific reason for each bill - what was unconstitutional specifically etc.

I can start taking a look around to find what I can if you can be really specific about what you are looking for. I know that www.ontheissues.com has a ton of information that you can access if you are trying to compare Tancredo and Paul on their voting record when it comes to immigration

idiom
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Tancredo supporters *are* isolationists. They generally oppose free trade. Tancredo was against immigration legal and illegal.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
bump

specsaregood
12-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Tancredo supporters *are* isolationists. They generally oppose free trade.

I had to go in there just to explain to them that it is not free trade they are against, but rather fiat money.

Tancredo backing Romney will make Romney look "tough" on immigration to the casual voter. (bad for us)

But

None of Tancredo's supporters or activists will go to Romney. They will all end up with Ron Paul (when hunter drops out).