PDA

View Full Version : [Vote] Good Idea / Bad Idea - MLK Moneybomb

Noble
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
In the interest of working as a team, I suggest we gauge the current support for the MLK moneybomb idea.

Is it a good idea, or a bad idea.

_Chuck
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
bippity boppity bump

FrankRep
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM
No more money bombs period.

I support hitting 20 million before the quarter.

Taco John
12-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Where's the option that "this is a libertarian campaign, it doesn't matter what the collective thinks, only what individuals do."

The Lantern
12-20-2007, 04:13 PM
In the interest of working as a team, I suggest we gauge the current support for the MLK moneybomb idea.

Is it a good idea, or a bad idea.

Where is the option for NOTA?

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 04:15 PM
One problem I see is that we raise less money, and the media spins it that MLK has divided the Paul camp.

cicatrice
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Where's the option that "this is a libertarian campaign, it doesn't matter what the collective thinks, only what individuals do."

I agree but I'm considering Dr. Paul's name here and not just what I, myself, would like to get across. I guess some do feel it's good for him whereas others do not. I don't see how this conflicts with the libertarianism necessarily. We're either expressing approval or disapproval but we must remember we're not promoting our own interests, we're essentially promoting someone else's so we must be sensitive as to how that would reflect in the eyes of the wider public. Could be good or bad.

Noble
12-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I think we shouldn't use a dead man's name to play the race card for a candidate who isn't campaigning on a racial equality platform.

Noble
12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
bump... i want a big data sample

jd603
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
It's a risky idea politically for SEVERAL reasons, I thought this was shot down already?

BAD BAD IDEA. Not to mention the effectiveness of money bombs in the media is now nothing. It's played-out.

RoamZero
12-20-2007, 05:10 PM
If Paul does well in New Hampshire and Iowa, I think the momentum from that would be worthy of a money bomb for Feb 5, we could probably get 10 million. Otherwise, no, because we'd risk not topping ourselves.

philipsantamaria
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
The better goal is hitting 20 Mil before Jan 1.

Rintrah54
12-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I personally prefer sticking with bombs not tied to people. If there is no good event around the time we need a bomb, then we need to start voting on a theme of some kind.

haaaylee
12-20-2007, 05:27 PM
no more bombs!!! they have plenty of money. ron's talked about not knowing what to do with it all. let them figure out a plan with that money, and meanwhile we can work on getting our jeremiah's ads on air! we need to stop giving him money, the MSM doesnt want to talk about that anyone.

everyone already knows Paul's grassroots is amazing. lets do something more amazing than just giving him money, let's get his name out there ! let's help him explain his views. let's correct what the media says about him. let's change some people's minds!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-20-2007, 05:34 PM
nt

hard@work
12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Minibombs are the way to go now, and they should be for fundraising only. No more media pandering ... in fact we should never have focused on media pandering in the FIRST place...

quickmike
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
No more mone bombs says I.

I say just donate whatever you can, whenever you can. If you get a few bucks for christmas from mommy and daddy, give some of it if you want. If you get a x-mas bonus, donate some of it.

Just do it soon.

The whole MLK thing seems like something alot of people would see as pandering or using the name for his own gains unfortunately. You know how people are, they always think the worst.

RPinSEAZ
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
The time for gimmicks is over.