PDA

View Full Version : IDEA>>>>>>>>>How many support us?

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
1) We set up a simple site, where all you do is make one click saying you want to vote for Ron Paul. (no email, no pledges, no clutter)

2) We promote the hell out of that site!

3) Sit back and watch the running ticker of the number of people (IP's) who clicked.

IMAGINE GETTING 10,000,000 or even more!
Just think if the press picked up on that number!
Remember the site is JUST ONE CLICK saying you want to vote for Ron Paul.

People, If I had the software to make it happen I would, but I'm sorry I don't.

If this was built and really promoted, I think we could get some traction. I know a lot of people don't want to give out an email or donate......and our people aren't getting called by pollsters! This could give the lagging majority the confidence they might need.

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Is this do-able? Would it work?

Imagine being able to go to the press saying we have 30, 40 million ready to vote for Dr. Paul!

smartguy911
12-20-2007, 03:51 PM
yes, if the polling system is required to -

- provide name
- state, city
- email
- restrict one poll per IP

this will make it more credible

Prevent poll from -
- same IP
- same email

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 03:52 PM
The Email is the dealbreaker for most people. One IP would be a must though.

PledgeForPaul
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Being the owner of www.pledgeforpaul.com I wouldn't restrict 1 per IP. I set a slightly looser rule (x per IP per day). Many times a husband/wife sign up.

Keith
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
The only problem I see is that we have the element in surprise at this point. Everyone expects low voter turn out in this primary because no one likes any of the candidates except Ron Paul, and we know that we are going to all turn out. I am all for promoting Ron Paul, but I would not want to give a wakeup call to all of the sleeping neocons before the first primary. Just a thought.

Rebel Resource
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
And you have to make sure the IPs are American and that the user confirms a test email sent to their specified account.

Rebel Resource
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
It could be marketed as Homes for Paul.

Each IP = one home.

Then the banner on the site could be:

MINIMUM VOTES (no. of distinct IPs)
MAXIMUM VOTES (IPs x average family size)
PROBABLE (3 votes per IP)

bc2208
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
something like this?

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=925

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Pledge for Paul---What I had in mind was just a simple and classy page with a huge button of some kind in the middle of the page saying you want to vote for Paul. It is mainly for other people who might want to vote and support Paul but are too afraid that not a lot of other people will.

Oliver
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
The only problem I see is that we have the element in surprise at this point. Everyone expects low voter turn out in this primary because no one likes any of the candidates except Ron Paul, and we know that we are going to all turn out. I am all for promoting Ron Paul, but I would not want to give a wakeup call to all of the sleeping neocons before the first primary. Just a thought.

++1

Rebel Resource
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM
What Keith says is true.

The more formidable we seem, the more supporters will come out for other candidates. You have to remember there are a LOT of people that haven't realised the polls are completely wrong for a number of fundamental reasons.

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
SOMETHING LIKE THIS EXCEPT FOR PAULhttp://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/lucknoname/vote-smart-button-733351.jpg

nist7
12-20-2007, 04:14 PM
What Keith says is true.

The more formidable we seem, the more supporters will come out for other candidates. You have to remember there are a LOT of people that haven't realised the polls are completely wrong for a number of fundamental reasons.

Very good point.

By downplaying our support....we are reducing enthusiasm for other candidates.

Sometimes, all this old media marginalization can actually work to our advantage!

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
We could build the site now and unleash it later. if you are worried about revealing our true numbers too soon. However I don't think that's a big deal. I am really curious as to how many Paul people are out there????