PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul in a Generational War?

zaffa
12-20-2007, 03:33 PM
http://wisdomknowledgehappiness.blogspot.com/2007/12/is-ron-paul-in-generational-war.html

"It is now common knowledge that Baby Boomers are bequeathing to their children a nation in which they are expected to be the first generation in the history of the country to have a lower quality of living than their parents. Unfortunately for Boomers planning on a run for office, the children have grown up well aware of the demographic symbolism of an upside down pyramid and social security, the concept of a few being taxed to support the many. With maturity, and pressed with a host of national problems that press predominantly upon youth, has come a growing suspicion that Boomer politicians can’t solve the nation’s problems. It is becoming self evident that Baby Boomers are the problem. They number 77 million, are growing old, and their creed of self love is believed to be systemic.

To Generation X and Y, treasonous philosophies inacted by Boomers are not isolated cases of poor judgment. They realize, perhaps better then anyone, that the Boomer establishment is inherently corrupt. The mantra of “If it feels good, do it,” rings empty to a plethora of kids raised in a broken homes. To them, incumbent Boomer campaign pledges smack of lies so poorly told that they near the absurdity of an antagonistic character in a childhood fairy tale. Years of paternal hypocrisy have heightened their ability to detect this sort of pandering insincerity.

No where is this more clear than in their keen eyed perspective on culture. Many of their parents spent their young adulthood rebelling against prosperity in a sustained orgy of drugs, sex, and rock and roll. Not finding happiness, they turned violently against family, religion, and authority in a constant quest to tear apart the old. Ultimately they ended up embracing the very materialism they had originally run from. There is irony in the fact that Generation X and Y’s own adolescent rebellion seems to be a return to sanity. The majority have soundly rejection materialism and pursuit of power in favor of personal freedom, responsibility, and family.

These core beliefs conflict with Boomer’s incessant harping over multiculturalism, affirmative action, and skin color. Generation X and Y consider themselves quite color blind and far from provincial. They don’t appreciate unsolicited advice on whom they can sit next to in school, befriend, or hire. They have a growing misgiving that contrary to Theodore Roosevelt’s advice, Boomers have turned the country into “a tangle of squabbling nationalities. They are looking for a leader whom embraces the national motto, E Pluribus Unum. Out of many, one.

In the end, money will be what drives the deepest wedge between the generations. Like a punch drunk boxer, Generation X and Y are staggering to stay on their feet against a one two punch that has pummeled their ability to prosper. Wages have gone down and the price of the core essentials has soared. Bruised and bleeding solvency from a thousand cuts, they have reluctantly turned to the Boomer’s favorite salve. Most quickly realize that the liniment, debt and lots of it, prolongs death but burns worse than the original wound. It’s an expensive round in micro economics. Those who have survived are looking for a rematch. Wiser and experienced, they are certain that the blows have originated from the clumsy fists of Boomer fiscal policy.

For many of Generation X and Y, the reduction of wages is a simple equation. Illegal immigration plus outsourcing the means of production equals wage declines. Painful, but the enemy is clear.

The increase in the price of goods is not as straightforward but the Generation’s of X and Y are beginning to surmise that it is a tax delivered by the double headed guardian of Boomer prosperity; namely, debt and inflation. The two headed beast is loyal to those who first embrace it, but absolutely savage to the young and very old. The two heads work rather well together, one printing up money and lending it freely, the other eating hungrily away at the value of the money lent. It allows those in early to borrow cheap, and repay even cheaper.

It would be fair to say that Generation X and Y have acted as the financial aegis to the Boomer’s embrace of this monster, swallowing the first poisonous fruits of a national policy of play now, pay later. Late to the asset boom party, Generation X and Y are not in the mood to play around, it costs too much; but they will laugh if you try to ply them with government published inflations rates that sound moderate. Generation X and Y realize that its authors have removed the cost of housing, food, and fuel from the calculations while meticulously noting that trinkets, beads, and replica flags of the United States of America made in Peoples Republic of China go for cheap. No wonder they believe that the current policy of debt and inflation is a deliberate recipe to defraud their future.

In fact, they were the first to taste the asperity of an overcooked Ponzi scheme in the form of artificially inflated housing prices. Astronomical real estate prices left them feeling like there was a real possibility they would be perpetual serfs. The tide has changed, however, and it is now transparently obvious that Boomers will be depending on them to buy their over priced houses and stocks. Having always found the greater fool in their own pecuniary dealings with each other, they hope to find the greatest fool in their collective sons and daughters.

The only problem is that Generation X and Y are not buying it. Literally. The numbers are very clear. Seventy-seven million boomers will be seeking to sell a life time’s collection of artificially inflated assets in a relatively short span of retirement. The dictates of supply and demand are clear. Even clearer is that the generations will pit themselves in a battle of financial desperation. Boomers will seek to sell high. It is the only way the can afford the golden retirement dream of their age; to die rich. Generation X and Y will seek to buy low. It is the only way they can afford to live.

Generation X and Y believe that boomer avarice and hubris goes beyond micro and macro economics and delves into fiscal insanity at the highest levels of government. Their view is precise. In historically dereliction of duty, the federal government, in response to the wishes of the majority, has massively indebted the nation in the form of financial obligations that are only payable by future generations. As the writer of this article opines, “Uncle Sam has acted like a wicked drunk with an immediate thirst; he has sold his children’s future earnings down river in exchange for one more swig from the bottle of power.”

Today, Generation X and Y watch the pooh-bahs scratch their blurry heads in fiscal confusion as interest payments on the national debt walk brazenly out of the country like looters in a natural disaster. The consequences of thousands of poor fiscal choices have escalated quickly into the proverbial pinch between a rock and a hard spot, the old and young. Either the Federal Reserve raises interest rates, which could brace the dollar, but destroy Boomer fortunes, or the Federal Reserve lowers interest rates and destroys the country, but saves those with debt backed assets.

It is becoming abundantly clear to the majority of young Americans that Boomers are the sort of animal that will eat their young. From their childhood experiences of past parental shortcomings, tomorrows leaders have prescient insight into the decisions that today’s elders are likely to make. Career, power, and the pursuit of quotidian pleasure are the muses of the me generation. Family, both as a national unit and mingled blood, can go to hell in their eyes.

In the beginning, Generation X and Y wanted only one thing. A piece of the pie pledged to all forthcoming generations of Americans. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Arriving at the table of adulthood, they found something else. An empty tin pan, a glass of milk half empty, and finger smeared IOU’s saying “You owe me.” They don’t mind the empty pie pan and the opaque perspective. They realize America was founded on the premise of equality of opportunity, not on the basis of equality of results. What really pisses them off is that a bunch of self centered, money hungry, and soft headed Boomers took the greatest ship of state ever seen, the United States of America, and ran it against the shores of domestic debt, foreign creditors, and economic suicide. In self centered revelry, they left fiscal America grinning like a Halloween pumpkin, crooked and hollow. The next president elected will be the one who can best reassure Generation X and Y that he/she is not part of the problem and has the skills and knowledge needed to put the ship back in the water. I am voting Ron Paul."

Mortikhi
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Baby Boomers have had the presidency for two presidents and failed miserably both times.

They can't be trusted with the office.

Hopefully they will go quietly into the good night.

Dave Pedersen
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
The Boomers did not have the internet.

There have always been those in every generation who wanted to make changes. Perot received 21% of the vote in the general election in 1992. In the 60's JFK and Bobby were murdered and our best hope was snuffed out.

Do not blame the boomers we were raised in a time where the WW II generation, who had clawed their way out of the depression held sway for better or worse over our culture. Every generation has made vital contributions to liberty. Do not divide us.

Freedom brings people together. We are in this thing together. Identify that which has been doing its best to divide us ever since the Declaration of Independence was written. Enemies of freedom operate against every generation according to the opportunities created by an ignorance of their intent.

United We Stand.

steve005
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
no, its a Revolution not Generational War

MS0453
12-20-2007, 03:48 PM

There have always been those in every generation who wanted to make changes. Perot received 21% of the vote in the general election in 1992. In the 60's JFK and Bobby were murdered and our best hope was snuffed out.

Do not blame the boomers we were raised in a time where the WW II generation, who had clawed their way out of the depression held sway for better or worse over our culture. Every generation has made vital contributions to liberty. Do not divide us.

Freedom brings people together. We are in this thing together. Identify that which has been doing its best to divide us ever since the Declaration of Independence was written. Enemies of freedom operate against every generation according to the opportunities created by an ignorance of their intent.

United We Stand.

Lol Exactly what hope did JFK and RFK present to America again?

jonahtrainer
12-20-2007, 03:51 PM

Silly me, and I thought their problem was just too much TV, dementia and Alzheimer's.

Mortikhi
12-20-2007, 03:51 PM

United We Stand.
No, Boomers really are the "me" generation and they have proven it time and again.
They were given everything from their parents and are taking everything from their children.
How the Greatest Generation gave birth to the Worst Generation is beyond me.

This was a good article. I have one that is in my Favorites that totally rips the me gen's a new one, but that is at my home computer and I'm still at work contributing my time and skills to the ponzi scheme of social security.

Dave Pedersen
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Lol Exactly what hope did JFK and RFK present to America again?

Why do you think they were murdered? They were shining the light on the behind the scenes corruption. JFK delivered an important speech just days before he was gunned down. Bobby was following in his brother's footsteps to reveal the truth.

Without the internet how far do you think a man like Ron Paul or the freedom movement would have been carried by any generation?

Look at how hard it is to change minds even under these circumstances of having at our disposal an alternative source for news and a potent mechanism of organization and communication which a few short years ago was not even imagined.

Wake up or remain vulnerable to the same dark forces which have taken over our nation.

MS0453
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Why do you think they were murdered? They were shining the light on the behind the scenes corruption. JFK delivered an important speech just days before he was gunned down. Bobby was following in his brother's footsteps to reveal the truth.

Without the internet how far do you think a man like Ron Paul or the freedom movement would have been carried by any generation?

Look at how hard it is to change minds even under these circumstances of having at our disposal an alternative source for news and a potent mechanism of organization and communication which a few short years ago was not even imagined.

Wake up or remain vulnerable to the same dark forces which have taken over our nation.

JFK's Columbia speech (which I'm guessing you're referring to) never happened, ever.

People get assassinated and have attempts made against them for all sorts of reasons. TR and FDR both had assassination attempts against them. Do either of them strike you as being heros for liberty?

MadOdorMachine
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm in the late Generation X camp and I don't believe that the Boomers are soley the reason for this. The problems started about 100 years ago in this country. The problem with Generation X and Y is everyone wants stuff spoon-fed to them, they don't want to work for it. If the Boomers are the "Me" generation, then the X's & Y's are the "Now" generation. I worry if my savings will be enough money to pay for my kids to go to college. I worry if I'll be able to save enough to retire on as well. It ain't gonna happen. I simply don't have the income to pay for both. The problem for me is inflation, a broken Social Security system and a rising national debt. I live on a single income family and it's getting harder and harder to make it due to rising costs and not rising pay. How am I supposed to support my kids and retire when the government is robbing me like this?

Voluntaryist
12-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I know lots of boomers who support Ron Paul and lots of GenXers and GenYers who support Obama.

Id say its more of a smart vs. stupid, or freemen vs. stockholm-sufferers war.

Arek
12-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Actually I'll quickly try to defend JFK. Want to know what JFK did that no one has since. He took the monopoly on Money away from the federal reserve with an executive order, which allowed US Treasury notes to circulate out to the people. Sure it was just still paper but his exec order was gonna shut down the federal reserve because he realized it wasn't rechartered. So JFK had a 3 year plan that would have gotten rid of the Federal Reserve after his 5 Billion UST Notes got into circulation. Three days later JFK was shot and killed. JFK was a very interesting man. He was a moderate and pretended to pander to the Democrats to get elected President then turned against the same corporate greed that got him elected. RFK was the one that pushed JFK to pass the new Civil Rights Act. So I will say JFK and RFK both were for freedom. Just not as much freedom as say Ron Paul.