PDA

View Full Version : CNN right now: Amanpour Reports ...

RPatTheBeach
07-08-2007, 12:28 PM
On CNN right now, show titled Amanpour Reports, there is a British woman interviewing a British-Muslim. The entire theme of the interview thus far has been how American policy is inspiring terrorism.

PatriotOne
07-08-2007, 12:31 PM
The entire theme of the interview thus far has been how American policy is inspiring terrorism.

It still amazes me that we need analysts to tell us that.....

rp4prez
07-08-2007, 12:32 PM
You know what I find funny about this is that all over the MSM there is this kind of reporting and other kinds of reporting (immigration, taxes, constitution, the list goes on and on). What I find funny about all of it is that these journalists are all saying the same thing that Ron Paul is saying and arguing! However, they never mention Ron Paul as someone who is actually fighting the fight they are wishing one of the candidates would fight for.

It always blows me away when the MSM does this. *sigh*

Wyurm
07-08-2007, 12:37 PM
You know what I find funny about this is that all over the MSM there is this kind of reporting and other kinds of reporting (immigration, taxes, constitution, the list goes on and on). What I find funny about all of it is that these journalists are all saying the same thing that Ron Paul is saying and arguing! However, they never mention Ron Paul as someone who is actually fighting the fight they are wishing one of the candidates would fight for.

It always blows me away when the MSM does this. *sigh*

Yeah, its like when someone asks for a volunteer and purposly ignores the guy jumping up and down with his hand raised.

angelatc
07-08-2007, 12:37 PM
It still amazes me that we need analysts to tell us that.....

It still amazes me that soo many people refuse to hear any of it. There was an article on Townhall.com this morning absolutely ridiculing the concept.

Erazmus
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Noam Chomsky wrote about this very thing in op-eds before the Iraq war even began. It's really too bad they were rarely published in America. I only know about them now because I'm reading his new book with all the op-eds he wrote. Here is a snippet I posted in another thread elsewhere.

As for a U.S. attack against Iraq, no one, including Donald Rumsfeld, can realistically guess the possible costs and the consequences.

Radical Islamic extremists surely hope that an attack on Iraq will kill many people and destroy much of the country, providing recruits for terrorist actions. They presumably also welcome the “Bush doctrine” that proclaims the right of attack against potential threats, which are virtually limitless. The president has announced that “There’s no telling how many wars it will take to secure freedom in the homeland.” That’s true.

Threats are everywhere, even at home. The prescription for endless war poses a far greater danger to Americans than perceived enemies do, for reasons the terrorist organizations understand very well.

Twenty years ago, the former head of Israel military intelligence, Yehoshaphat Harkabi, also a leading Arabist, made a point that still holds true. “To offer an honorable solution to the Palestinians respecting their right to self-determination: That is the solution of the problem of terrorism,” he said. “When the swamp disappears, there will be no more mosquitos.”

At the time, Israel enjoyed the virtual immunity from retaliation within the occupied territories that lasted until very recently. But Harkabi’s warning was apt, and the lesson applies more generally.

Well before 9/11 it was understood that with modern technology, the rich and powerful will lose their near monopoly of the means of violence and can expect atrocities on home soil.

If we insist on creating more swamps, there will be more mosquitos, with awesome capacity for destruction.

If we devote our resources to draining the swamps, addressing the roots of the “campaigns of hatred,” not only can we reduce the threats we face but we can also live up to ideals that we profess and that are not beyond reach if we choose to take them seriously.

That was written by Noam Chomsky on September 4th, 2002.

LibertyEagle
Angel,

Townhall is notorious for that. I'm really glad you're over there. I used to post over there all the time, but I had to take a break.

rp4prez
Yeah, its like when someone asks for a volunteer and purposly ignores the guy jumping up and down with his hand raised.

yep exactly... it's so frustrating! ARG! :)

SeanEdwards
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
American Foreign Policy is deeply flawed, of course. But I think it's also important to recognize that some philosophies of Islam are deeply flawed as well.

Even under a non-interventionist foreign policy, and with the American militaristic hegemony dismantled, there will still be a certain number of Takfiri fanatics who really are committed to enforcing by the sword a world wide taliban-like state. Hopefully though, these nutters will be reduced in influence and not have such an easy time recruiting human bombs as they do now. My hope is that a ronpauled America will inspire freedom-loving muslims to reject the nihilistic message of these freaks so that they remain a cave-dwelling cult, and not a world movement.

RPR-omaha
07-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Sean Edwards is right. There will always be crazies out there. What we need to do is eliminate the sympathizers. We can do that with a smart foreign policy.

angelatc
07-08-2007, 12:56 PM
There are always crazy people from every walk of life. In the very least, if we pulled out of the Middle East entirely they would go back to infighting among the different sects.

Wiping out all the non-Muslims would include them taking out China and Russia, both of whom are far closer to them than we are.

Democracy, whether they want it or not. What a flawed policy that is.

angelatc
07-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Angel,

Townhall is notorious for that. I'm really glad you're over there. I used to post over there all the time, but I had to take a break.

I sued to argue my points, but I don't have time since I found this site. :) Now I usually just do drive-by postings.