PDA

View Full Version : Matching funds: Better Idea = Pump refusal as a story

JustAnotherV
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Ron is too principled to take the matching funds. and they might even have trouble spending + 20 million. We ought to be discussing somethign else.

Lets make the fact that he CAN take 20 Million dollars but WON'T into a story. Blog it, post it, Youtube it, write it in to media outlets, send it to Cafferty, and whatever else you can think of. Maybe we can get it into the MSM some to establish Ron as a very principled candidate.

Rintrah54
12-20-2007, 03:28 PM
My thoughts exactly. There has to be a directed digg, youtube, whatever campaign on the refusal. I dont know if the media will pick it up or not.

JustAnotherV
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
My thoughts exactly. There has to be a directed digg, youtube, whatever campaign on the refusal. I dont know if the media will pick it up or not.

There is no way to know, but it's possible. There is also a backgorund frame to the story when it comes to his kids' tuition, refusing congressional pension, etc.

The media is lame but sometimes they pick up on stuff like this after it floats around the bolgosphere some. We need to at least make an effort.

gb13
12-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Anyone considering doing this should make sure -absolutely certain- that this is what Ron Paul intends to do.

We can't be putting words into his mouth.

Rebel Resource
12-20-2007, 03:54 PM
What is the principle here? I'm english so, can anyone tell me?

He could really double all his funds so far?

quantized
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
ingenious idea!!! we can spin a great story on this! and we can set up another money bomb day to compensate Ron Paul with the grassroot matching fund! how this sounds people?

BeFranklin
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Ron is too principled to take the matching funds. and they might even have trouble spending + 20 million. We ought to be discussing somethign else.

Lets make the fact that he CAN take 20 Million dollars but WON'T into a story. Blog it, post it, Youtube it, write it in to media outlets, send it to Cafferty, and whatever else you can think of. Maybe we can get it into the MSM some to establish Ron as a very principled candidate.

Just posted that idea about an hour or two ago. I fully support this idea. How can we make it effective?

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 03:58 PM
SOmeone should contact Campaign HQ and make sure he won't and ask them if they want us to proceed with this idea.

I think he won't take it; B ut we should make sure

BeFranklin
12-20-2007, 03:59 PM

First they have to refuse it. So first we have to pump RP supporters who *want him to take it* and are frustrated, and get it as a news story. Ok, who wants to be pumped? ;)

I mean, for CRYING OUT LOUD, ITS 20 MILLION DOLLARS!!!

quantized
12-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Just posted that idea about an hour or two ago. I fully support this idea. How can we make it effective?

My idea is the following... there are currently many money bombs idea floating around, but without a good story platform. We can design another money bomb day, but with the concept of "grassroot matching fund".

BeFranklin
12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
My idea is the following... there are currently many money bombs idea floating around, but without a good story platform. We can design another money bomb day, but with the concept of "grassroot matching fund".

Maybe. I can see some problems too, but could be part of the idea. Lets think about it a little. And also timing. When do matching funds have to be filed for? We could break it about the time the other candidates file for theirs, which also pumps the record numbers story again while raining on their parade :D

Aldanga
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
What is the principle here? I'm english so, can anyone tell me?

He could really double all his funds so far?

Yeah, I'm confused as well.

and I'm from Kansas.