PDA

View Full Version : Will Tancredo Endorse Ron Paul?

smtwngrl
12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
This afternoon, Tancredo dropped out.

In doing so, he said his reason for running was to bring attention to the issue of illegal immigration. He feels he has been successful in doing so.

Now that he is dropping out, he said:

So with so much success why drop out of the race now, you are probably asking. For one reason and one reason alone: I believe the cause demands I do so.

The presidential campaign has come down to less than a handful of viable candidates. Unfortunately several of them have abysmal records on immigration and can’t be trusted to do what is needed to preserve this country if they’re elected. My fear is that if I were to stay in this race my votes could be the factor in handing victory to a pro-amnesty politician.

OK, perhaps he won't choose to endorse anyone, but I think he may. Let's consider who isn't strong on immigration, that he is likely not to endorse:

McCain
Huckabee
Giuliani
Romney

He's not likely to endorse Hunter, who has gained no more momentum than he has.

That leaves only Fred Thompson and Ron Paul.

He agrees with Fred Thompson on the war issue. But he is also a friend of Ron Paul, they worked together on the Liberty Committee, etc.. He knows Ron Paul can be trusted. And if illegal immigration is his #1 issue, well....maybe he could endorse Dr. Paul. :)

steph3n
12-20-2007, 03:06 PM

In doing so, he said his reason for running was to bring attention to the issue of illegal immigration. He feels he has been successful in doing so.

OK, perhaps he won't choose to endorse anyone, but I think he may. Let's consider who isn't strong on immigration, that he is likely not to endorse:

McCain
Huckabee
Giuliani
Romney

He agrees with Fred Thompson on the war issue. But he is also a friend of Ron Paul, they worked together on the Liberty Committee, etc.. He knows Ron Paul can be trusted. And if illegal immigration is his #1 issue, well....maybe he could endorse Dr. Paul. :)

your a bit late, he endorsed Romney!

tsopranos
12-20-2007, 03:06 PM
See here...
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017896.html

freedom-maniac
12-20-2007, 03:08 PM
It's better now that Tancredo endorsed Romney. Tancredo's got negative PR. His support is not what RP needs.

Ninja Homer
12-20-2007, 03:14 PM

McCain
Huckabee
Giuliani
Romney

I'll bet you a $50 donation he endorses Romney. :D;)

curtisehler
12-20-2007, 03:14 PM
It's better now that Tancredo endorsed Romney. Tancredo's got negative PR. His support is not what RP needs.

You're probably right. At first, I was hoping that we'd get an endorsement, just out of hopes that we'd be getting endorsements from any national figure. But Tancredo's rhetoric about assimilation, bombing Muslim holy sites, and the Minutemen have turned off a lot of people.

So its looking like this might hurt Romney more than anything.

smtwngrl
12-20-2007, 03:24 PM
your a bit late, he endorsed Romney!

Ouch! I can't believe that he endorsed Romney. :mad:

Flash
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
He endorsed Romney.. rather than Thompson?

Paulitician
12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah.... it's called politics :confused:

MrCobaltBlue
12-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Yeah we got enough on our hands with our White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi followers.