PDA

View Full Version : Jan 15 FEC Reports

jj111
12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Jan 15 FEC Q4 Reports
What impact if any do you think Jan 15 FEC Reports will have?
I expect Ron Paul to have the most cash on hand as of 12/31/07.

kylejack
12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
The Paul campaign will probably release a final total for the quarter in early January, but I have a feeling the other campaigns will lock this information up tightly until they're forced to release it on the 15th. If you were outraised by Ron Paul, would you let the world know, or hold your tongue? I'd hold my tongue and hope that the media didn't notice.

And they won't notice, because they'll be busy covering NH and IA.

davidhperry
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
The Paul campaign will probably release a final total for the quarter in early January, but I have a feeling the other campaigns will lock this information up tightly until they're forced to release it on the 15th. If you were outraised by Ron Paul, would you let the world know, or hold your tongue? I'd hold my tongue and hope that the media didn't notice.

I agree. Here's hoping that some of this info leaks out before the primaries. If people start to get wind of out the other candidates did compared with Ron Paul, that would convince a lot of the "fence-sitters" who like Ron Paul but are questioning his chances.

One of the smartest things that the campaign did was open up the fundraising numbers. If they hadn't, the media would not have believed that we raised all this money until it was verified by the FEC. Now it's out there for all to see. :)

azminuteman
12-20-2007, 02:52 PM

I question why the other candidates would wait until the deadline to publish numbers. I mean, aren't the polls in their favor??

Another question, why is Ron Paul and Joe Biden the only candidates to answer the New Hampshire questions on their stances?
http://www.nhasks.org/

kylejack
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
One of the smartest things that the campaign did was open up the fundraising numbers. If they hadn't, the media would not have believed that we raised all this money until it was verified by the FEC. Now it's out there for all to see. :)
Yes, it was brilliant and has driven the vast majority of the press we've been getting. It helps to temper my anger with Jesse Benton for so many other decisions.

jeremycobert
12-20-2007, 02:58 PM
i wonder if he will still have the majority of military money. that has been a real embarrassment to the neo-con candidates. i assume they will "fix it" with the next batch of numbers.

xerxesdarius
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, it was brilliant and has driven the vast majority of the press we've been getting. It helps to temper my anger with Jesse Benton for so many other decisions.

Opening up the fundraising was most likely accidental on the part of the campaign. Setting up a website like ronpaulgraphs.com was brilliant. The more I think about it, the more I think that is the one spark that ended up turning the tide. Good on ya, Chowda!