PDA

View Full Version : What my Pastor Says about Ron Paul

ZandarKoad
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
My pastor recently sent out an Email, and this is his take on Ron Paul / Huckabee. Keep in mind, my pastor serves an UNINCORPORATED church (no 501(c)(3) status) here in Wisconsin. I just thought it might be good ammunition for convincing those TV-watching, TV-believing conservatives...

-Alex

In this ABC interview http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=3894906&page=3 Mike Huckabee states that he attends a church in Little Rock modeled after Rick Warren's Saddleback Church in California. He also attended seminary with Warren. Rick Warren of course is the pastor who had Barak 'I've never seen an abortion I didn't like' Obama speak at his church last year during the church's AIDS conference, and now just three weeks ago, he had Hillary Clinton, also a well-known advocate of baby-murder and homosexuality, speaking at his church conference.

The article states that Huckabee "sides with Warren in the chasm between those more traditional members of the so-called Christian Right, and those who think evangelicals should focus on other issues beyond abortion and same-sex marriage."

This article reveals why I have been wary to throw my support behind Huckabee. I sensed the same old two-faced lip-service that the Republicans are famous for when it comes to the paramount matters of abortion and homosexuality when watching Huckabee speak. I fear Huckabee will give us what the Republicans have given us for 35 years now when it comes to abortion - lip-service! I quietly and sincerely hope I am wrong. Nevertheless, we need to realize the Republican leadership likes to keep abortion legal because it is a useful tool to keep the Christians in their fold. Hopefully those of us who are Christians will one day wake up and smell the coffee.

Quite frankly, while the Christians have been busy throwing their hats into Huckabee's ring, I think we have missed a great opportunity by our not supporting Ron Paul. I do not agree with Ron Paul on all matters (there's not a man alive on earth that I do), but he is 100% pro-life. He is honest. He says what he believes and you can follow his voting record and see that he puts his actions where his mouth is. He has been married to his wife for 50 years. And, he actually believes in the constitutional limitations of the federal government.

Why are the "conservatives" attacking and belittling him? Because most "conservatives" are just as big Statists as the liberals are. They want a strong, all-pervasive, central government - they just want their version of it; a more clean-cut version - yet nevertheless strong, all-pervasive, central government.

When will we realize that the central government, our federal government, which has brought us the immoral tyranny that our nation suffers under, is not the answer to undo the immoral tyranny? A Paul presidency would help level the playing field in that individual states would no longer be mere bureaucratic conduits of the federal government. A Paul presidency would return a balance of power in our nation by neutering a mad-dog federal government.

Do you want to see the federal government's tyranny of immorality come to an end? Paul would veto 95% of what Congress sends to his desk. His presidency would be like that of President John Tyler (1841-1845) who vetoed nearly everything Congress sent his way. Tyler was my favorite president and his life is worth a read (he too opposed the formation of a central bank).

I've lived long enough now to have seen that whenever a genuine man runs for president and he gets a little traction going, the "conservatives" (whose wagon American Christianity has tied itself to) attack him through misinformation, outright slander, and guilt by association. They did it to Buchanan in '96 and now they are doing it to Paul. Christians parrot the conservative talking-heads, rather than support a man who stands against the very source of tyranny in our nation - the federal government.

Why Christians continue to look to central government, our federal government, to correct things is beyond me. Did not the Republicans have the House, the Senate, and the Presidency for six years? And did we see abortion end? No, but we saw sodomy decriminalized. The government which governs best is that which is nearest the people, and hence more accountable to the people. I cannot even afford to drive to Washington D.C. to try an influence the swine that inhabit that region, but I can drive an hour down the road to Madison (our capitol) to influence them there.

As Christians, we need to instruct the people in the role and function of civil government (as seen in Scripture), otherwise government can do whatever it wants and people do not know what they are doing is wrong! We also need to instruct people in the doctrine of the lesser magistrate so that perhaps one day a lesser magistrate will stand up to the federal tyranny and actually be supported by the people when he does so!

Pastor Matt Trewhella
http://www.missionariestopreborn.com
http://www.mercyseat.net

integrity
12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
smart fella your Pastor

yongrel
12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
smart pastor

JMO
12-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I wish more people believed this line.

"The government which governs best is that which is nearest the people, and hence more accountable to the people"

integrity
12-20-2007, 02:31 PM
jinx!

moostraks
12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Excellent!!!

Joey Wahoo
12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Huck says he went to seminary with Rick Warren?

Rick Warren did attend and graduate from Southwestern Baptist in 1979. Huck went there one year, but dropped out. I doubt they were even in the same class.

Sounds like a Huck-a-stretch to try to link himself with Rick Warren

angrydragon
12-20-2007, 02:34 PM
That is a good man, and I ain't religious.

Wayne Hammond
Wow. Excellent article for Christians! :)

Energy
Bravo to your pastor.

Share with your pastor...

Chuck Baldwin endorsed Ron Paul:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84pJ6E7BYg
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=abf314d99a0275e8e9fd

Christians for Ron Paul:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jRO3hptL4U
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ca29c78fbd84cde5ab7d

Why Ron Paul is 100% Pro-Life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k-me7FdnYg
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=77142ff0a63a068c4ed6

http://christiansforronpaul.com/

PimpBlimp
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Somebody needs to find an efficient way to get Ron Paul's name out to ALL pastors in the US.

Talldude1412
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Very nice, I like it! Spread that around the Huckabee forums.

leipo
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I couldn't read past the hate-filled first paragraph. He doesn't seem very Christian to me. But it's nice that he supports Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Somebody needs to find an efficient way to get Ron Paul's name out to ALL pastors in the US.

We need this mailing list.
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/15899

mavtek
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Very good email! It's interesting, in the northwest we seem to be doing very well, we're doing fairly well in the Northeast too. It's the south that has me worried. We have a ton of work to do in Texas!

Elwar
12-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Huck says he went to seminary with Rick Warren?

Rick Warren did attend and graduate from Southwestern Baptist in 1979. Huck went there one year, but dropped out. I doubt they were even in the same class.

Sounds like a Huck-a-stretch to try to link himself with Rick Warren

I went to school with Tony Banks (pro-QB for those that don't know)...even had a class with him.

For some reason, when I went to try out for the Steelers to become their head Quarterback, that didn't help my case. Something about I have to have some athletic ability, have to be able to throw a football more than 10 feet...

What a bunch of BS...I went to school with a pro-QB! That should be enough.

robert4rp08
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
bravo!

Kingfisher
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Great!! Wish we could get someone on MSM to read this on T.V. Chances slim to none?

VoluntaryMan
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Can you post that letter at Hack's forum? Wonder how long it would last. They probably have more moderators than posters over there.

rasheedwallace
12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
That is a good man, and I ain't religious.

:cool:

ZandarKoad
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Can you post that letter at Hack's forum? Wonder how long it would last. They probably have more moderators than posters over there.

Got a link to his forums?

Chomsky
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
What city is your pastor in, just asking because I'm in Milwaukee, he could do great things for Dr.Paul in this state.

ForTheRepublic
12-20-2007, 04:59 PM
What city is your pastor in, just asking because I'm in Milwaukee, he could do great things for Dr.Paul in this state.

Looks like it's in West Allis
http://www.mercyseat.net/misc/contact.htm

Mental Dribble
12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
While I don't agree with all he says he does make two very good points...

they are

1)Why are the "conservatives" attacking and belittling him? Because most "conservatives" are just as big Statists as the liberals are. They want a strong, all-pervasive, central government - they just want their version of it; a more clean-cut version - yet nevertheless strong, all-pervasive, central government.

Which is what kept me from being a Republican for so long, the feeling that they just wanted their OWN form of big government.

2)The government which governs best is that which is nearest the people, and hence more accountable to the people.

nist7
12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I just saw the video of Chuck Baldwin endorsing Ron Paul.....

Amazing......the Church leaders are all slowly but surely converting to Ron Paul!

Amazing....amazing.....

Heather in WI
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Matt is your pastor? Cool. :-)

ronpaulitician
12-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I just can't read past the homosexuality hatred. Sorry.

Tobias2dope
12-20-2007, 05:19 PM
as soon as I saw "UNINCORPORATED church", I knew it was Pastor Matt, I actually had the honor of talking with him about Ron Paul over the weekend quite a bit, he flew to Pittsburgh to speak at my father's funeral.

This man is awesome! For those of you who are against abortion, his "Missionaries to the Preborn" movement shut down 6 out of 8 Abortion clinics in Milwaukee.

Thanks for the read, this makes me happy in spite of being at work, lol.

~Tobias

nist7
12-20-2007, 05:21 PM

This is exactly why Dr. Paul's message is so incredible. The message of freedom is so popular that you are able to bring together staunch "bible thumpers" and hard athiests and everyone else together....even if those people would absolutely despise one another.

0zzy
12-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Can I attend your church? :)

ZandarKoad
12-20-2007, 09:46 PM

The email in question just MENTIONED homosexuality as a negative. If that's to vitriolic for you, you should stock up on some tolerance. We have one ex-sodomite who attends our church regularly, and we know of many other ex-sodomites across the nation with whom we fellowship. Fred Phelps is wrong, they can repent. So can murderers, abortionists, liars, thieves, and EVEN REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS! :eek:

Go Ron Paul!

VoluntaryMan
12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Got a link to his forums?

None that I'd care to post.:cool: I think they call themselves "Huck's platoon," "pimpin' JC for Huckabee," or something like that, though.:D

Deborah K
12-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I wanna go to YOUR church! Your pastor rocks!!!

JGalt
12-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Interesting endorsement.

I know a guy who went to high school with Huckabee, and incidentally he's a professor of religion at a local college. He was one year ahead of huck, and said that huck had completely changed since high school. For one thing, apparently he was actually a conservative then.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Great article except for all the gay-bashing.

beobeli
12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
wow!!!

Benaiah
12-20-2007, 10:40 PM
tag

DeadtoSin
12-20-2007, 10:49 PM
There is no gay bashing in that article guys. Seriously. If a Christian believes homosexuality is a sin, and you antagonize us, you are being intolerant of us. I am not attacking the PERSON, but I still believe that the sin is wrong. I don't see how thats complicated.

rightobeleftalone
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I read an article by Pastor Matt on not getting a license to get married. Terrific. He has got a website full of good thinking. Unincorporated churches are the best. They can actually take political positions without worrying about the irs taking their tax exempt status away.

Deborah K
12-20-2007, 11:27 PM
I read an article by Pastor Matt on not getting a license to get married. Terrific. He has got a website full of good thinking. Unincorporated churches are the best. They can actually take political positions without worrying about the irs taking their tax exempt status away.

Can you find that article for me?

deltabourne
12-20-2007, 11:28 PM
edit

ZandarKoad
12-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Can you find that article for me?

http://www.gemworld.com/US-MarriageLicense.htm

Also, Matt had the balls to recognize his error and repent with a REVERSE VASECTOMY. Ouch. Read about it here:

http://www.mercyseat.net/BROCHURES/protestantprotest.htm

Mike S.
12-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Keep in mind folks that Ron Paul has a solid record of defending the Constitution, even if it goes against his personal beliefs. He voted NO on the Marriage Amendment. As a born again Christian myself, I am OK with that since the Fed Govt should not be meddling in personal lives in any way. Today it is a Fed ban on Gay Marriage, next year it is Hillary's ban on "Fundamentalist" Christian church activities. It makes me admire Ron Paul even more for his integrity in doing what he says he will do.

He is defending ALL of our rights. To those that don't share my Christian beliefs, Peace be upon you and Bless You for helping in this effort to elect Ron Paul.

unklejman
12-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I couldn't read past the hate-filled first paragraph. He doesn't seem very Christian to me. But it's nice that he supports Ron Paul.

double-you tee eff mate

I guess we have severely differing definitions of hate.

Deborah K
12-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Thank you ZandarKoad. Although I don't share his beliefs on birth control....don't get me wrong, he makes good points about warehousing children and inconvenience. But he doesn't take into consideration that the issue is not overpopulation in the way that he describes it. This issue for me anyway, is that our earth's resources are NOT unlimited. Some day we WILL run out of natural resources if we don't start paying attention to this issue.

The other consideration is that we don't die naturally anymore. Our lives are pro-longed medically. To my way of thinking, you can't on the one hand, claim that planning your family (not to be confused with that evil organization) is not biblical, and on the other hand, have no solution for the unintended consequences that overpopulation (as I describe it above) creates.

carter5434
12-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I didn't think that article was good at all. That pastor seems like a psycho. I'm glad he supports RP, but does he even know RP's stance on gay marriage? Considering how evil he thinks it is?

If you think homosexuality is a sin, and you don't want to be antagonized for it, fair enough. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But don't antagonize me if I think your organized religion is a joke. I think that article was more on his agenda against abortion and gay marriage then supporting RP.

Dieseler
12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Show this to your Pastor and and ask him what he thinks of Huckabee. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2Sb7dFsvM&feature=related

carter5434
12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
This is exactly why Dr. Paul's message is so incredible. The message of freedom is so popular that you are able to bring together staunch "bible thumpers" and hard athiests and everyone else together....even if those people would absolutely despise one another.

This man speaks the truth

Johncjackson
12-21-2007, 03:24 PM

I was wondering if these pastors are OK with the fact that Ron Paul probably doesnt have some irrational fear/hate of homosexuals. That line of thinking is no better than the racists, IMHO. But I do welcome broader support of our candidate.

Adamsa
12-21-2007, 03:27 PM
ZandarKoad, did you tell your pastor about Ron beforehand?

traviskicks
12-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I think your lesson illustrates we'd be better off emailing our local pastors or local members than these national figures.

TwiLeXia
12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Nice!! Christians, tell your pastors about Ron Paul, and why he's better than Mike the Dyke!

ZandarKoad
12-21-2007, 10:23 PM
ZandarKoad, did you tell your pastor about Ron beforehand?

In general, our whole church has been keeping an eye on politics before this whole Ron Paul revolution. We all knew about Ron Paul and his hard core constitutional principals long ago. I remember seeing America Freedom to Fascism and thinking "WOAH! It's Ron Paul, I love that guy!" Whereas most people learned about RP because of the movie...

And yes, Matt does know that Ron Paul doesn't want to use the Federal Boot to stamp out Homosexuality. Heck, Matt's son in law spoke FROM THE PULPIT that he was disappointed in Ron Paul because of the homosexual stance, and thinks that Allen Keyes is a better choice. So we've got differing views and we discuss these things regularly. I liked Allen Keyes a whole lot after seeing his debate with Alan Dershowitz. That is, until I heard THIS! (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/AlanKeyesIraqWar072207B.m3u)

Original_Intent
12-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Would your pastor submit that as a LTTE to wroldnetdaily.com? That is a lettter of the week if I ever saw one!

Mike S.
12-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I emailed my pastor with a link to the original post. He was on the fence about RP until he read this. My pastor is not a fan of Warren's theology. Thanks for posting!