PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Tancredo supporters hang out online? We can invite them to the forums.

davidhperry
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Anyone know how to reach out to the Team Tancreado folks? Something tells me a lot of them won't be supporting Romney. :)

sgrooms
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I just wrote a letter to all the people who were on Tancredo's Meetup groups (there were only a dozen or so)

If you are concerned about the immigration issue and about the size and scope of the federal government, I encourage you to join a Ron Paul meetup. We are active and support Tancredo's position on this important issue. Since he is dropping out of the race, it is important that you choose a strong voice for change in Washington to support.

You can read Ron Pauls views on immigration and other issues by going to the following site and also by joining the Ron Paul meetup group in your area.

http://ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=5

Thanks for your time.

Jason

~We need to reach out to these people and point out what we have in common with them rather than what we don't agree on.

be creative

AtomiC
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
There aren't that many and it won't make much of a difference.

theseus51
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't think they have a big grassroots forum. Maybe post some stuff on his videos?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamTancredo

kylejack
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I would say find conservative immigration-related websites.

michael.byrne
12-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I would say find conservative immigration-related websites.

Go to Minutemen Headquarter. Lot of them are there.

http://minutemanhq.com/

Green Mountain Boy
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I think Lord Xar knows where many of them hang out online.

DirtMcGirt
what about info on his official website? might be able to get some names off of there?!?

MarcMadness
www.immigrationwatchdog.com

Stealth4
12-20-2007, 02:39 PM
I know one big website - but we have to answer these questions first.

I posted this in another thread - if you want Tancredo votes, we need to work on these questions/past votes. NO ONE HAS OFFERED TO HELP ME WITH THIS RESEARCH PROJECT THAT IS TIME CRITICAL!

If we can divide up thse bills and digg into them, find out why paul voted against the first set, which were immigration enforcement bills, and for the second set which did other things, like increase visas we can get more support from anti-immigration folks.

Please dont reply if your going to put the canned "he doesnt vote for bills with pork or unconstitutional legislation" We need to prove in each case that the legislation was unconsitutional and document it or find out why he voted the way he did and document it.

These questions are from strong anti-illegal immigratin people who dont undertand Paul's votes on these bills and WONT SUPPORT HIM UNTIL SOMEONE POVIDES A SPECIFIC EXPLANATION FOR EACH ONE.

The For Votes (I'll perhaps post the other set later): I cant research these all myself. Show me you guys can do good work.

Quote:
Voted against an amendment to reduce funding for the visa waver program.

Rep. Paul voted against the first Tancredo amendment to HR 2638, which would prohibit funding from HR 2638 from being used to fund the visa waver program. This amendment failed 76-347.

Quote:
Voted on House floor against amendment to increase security with border fence in 2005

Rep. Paul voted against the Hunter Amendment to H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. The Hunter Amendment would shore up security by building fences and other physical infrastructure to keep out illegal aliens. Specifically, it mandates the construction of specific security fencing, including lights and cameras, along the Southwest border for the purposes of gaining operational control of the border. As well, it includes a requirement for the Secretary of Homeland Security to conduct a study on the use of physical barriers along the Northern border. The Hunter Amendment passed by a vote of 260-159.

Quote:
Voted against amendment to fund program to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens in 2005

Rep. Paul voted against the Obey amendment ( H. Amdt. 144) to H.R. 2360, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill. The Obey amendment provided $100 million to fund grants under the REAL ID Act to assist States in conforming with minimum drivers’ license standards. The Obey amendment passed by a vote of 226-198.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2005

Rep. Paul voted against the H. Amdt. 206 to H.R. 1815. The amendment authorizes the Secretary of Defense to assign members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Bureau of Border Security and U.S. Customs Service of the Department of Homeland Security on preventing the entry of terrorists, drug traffickers, and illegal aliens into the United States The amendment, sponsored by Rep. Goode of Virginia, passed the House by a vote of 245-184.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2004

Rep. Paul voted against the Goode Amendment to H.R. 4200, to authorize the Secretary of Defense to assign members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Department of Homeland Security in the performance of border control functions. The Goode Amendment passed the House by a vote of 231-191.

Quote:
Voted against using the military to assist in border control functions in 2003

Rep. Paul voted AGAINST the Goode Amendment to H.R. 1588, to authorize members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Department of Homeland Security in the performance of border control functions. The Goode Amendment passed the House by a vote of 250-179.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control efforts in 2002

Rep. Paul voted against H. Amdt. 479 to H.R. 4546, the Department of Defense Authorization bill. The amendment authorized the Secretary of Defense to assign members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Bureau of Border Security and U.S. Customs Service of the Department of Homeland Security on preventing the entry of terrorists, drug traffickers, and illegal aliens into the United States The amendment, sponsored by Rep. Goode of Virginia, passed the House by a vote of 232-183.

Quote:
Voted AGAINST authorizing troops on the border in 2001.

Rep. Paul voted not to enforce the border by voting AGAINST the Traficant amendment to HR 2586. This amendment authorized the Attorney General and the Secretary of the Treasury, to request that members of the Armed Forces assist the INS with border control duties. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 242 to 173, but this measure was never considered by the Senate.

Quote:
Voted in 2000 against authorizing troops on the border.

Rep. Paul voted AGAINST enforcing the border by opposing the Traficant amendment to H.R.4205. This amendment authorizes the Secretary of Defense to assign, under certain circumstances, members of the Armed Forces to assist the INS with border control duties. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 243 to 183, but the Clinton Administration never chose to exercise this power.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of troops on the border in 1999

Rep. Paul voted against the Trafficant Amendment to H.R. 1401. This amendment authorized the Secretary of Defense, under certain circumstances, to assign members of the Armed Forces to assist the Border Patrol and Customs Service only in drug interdiction and counter terrorism activities along our borders. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 242 to 181.

steph3n
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
not sure i'd recommend them her they may not be that thick skinned to take all the abuses around here

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
not sure i'd recommend them her they may not be that thick skinned to take all the abuses around here

Agreed. Don't invite them here. They are going to be more traditional conservatives and they aren't going to like some of the stuff said here. Heck, I don't like some of the stuff said here either. Unless they have become true Ron Paul believers, this forum will run them off. Better to send them to www.RonPaulLibrary.org, or a similar site.

Lord Xar
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
alot of them hang out on immigration forums.. ala, alipac.us etc.....

But you need to use tact when pimping Ron Paul. They don't like to be told things they are arleady know. They know Ron's shortcomings compared to Tancredo's on illegal immgiration.. BUT< many of the them are in the know on "CFR and NAU" -- so, that is a good sell and the fact Ron isn't in the special interests pockets... ALSO, because Ron has a good history on illegal immigration and most candidates don't. So that is also a good sell.

Also, many top illegal immigration sites support Ron Paul - that is a plus.

angelatc
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Heh! alipac.us is raising funds to phone Iowa, warning them about Huckabee's pro amnesty stance. :)