PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Holy War???

moostraks
12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Okay this may need to be in the what in the world happened to American politics file. In the article dear Mike says it's okay if the Mormon bigots join his camp as long as he wins. So where is the sound byte for that one?? We are hammered into the ground for a$500 donation as it is brought up ad nauseum. Okay whine over... :)Article here:h ttp://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=4030378&page=1
No wonder the GOP is losing so many people when we are seen as a party of Christofascists. Come on, Iowa Holy War?!?
Further into the article:Asked if he and Romney fighting might not create an opening for a third candidate, Huckabee smiled. "I don't plan to fight with him. He's throwing punches and I'm saying Merry Christmas."
Okay, score one for us(I think) as all implications from old media are begrudgingly giving Dr.Paul the fringe(see third party candidate) vote. I certainly don't think anyone thinks that Cynthia McKinney is going to be a factor( yeah I know she's not been nominated yet...). I can't think of any other third party candidates possiblities that old media is touting,though...
As for aw shucks Huck, I am so tired of his victimization angle. I am Christian and will not vote for him if he gets the nod. If he mentions Merry Christmas again he may well get some propaganda on how his is not the only religion in America and "we the people" don't need some one to shove Christ down our throat.(why many chose Atheism). He needs to realize we,as a free society allow a choice of religions and Happy Holidays is a correct statement as Christmas is not the only holiday in December.
Next article:h ttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/19/AR2007121902391.html?hpid=topnews

"There's only one explanation for it, and it's not a human one," Huckabee said recently of his rise in the polls. "It's the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of 5,000 people."
I am so furious I could spit nails!!!It is a blatant use of religious emotion employed by an individual who has experience in the pulpit to try and sway people that he is the anoited one.
I came to Dr.Paul because he is a man of faith who lives it. As a leader the next President needs to realize ALL people are created equal and stop pandering to the religious right that have stolen our party!!! I am thrilled this is such a diverse group. What can be done to spread this message that in order for the religious right to maintain their freedom others must also be allowed to worship the Creator in the way they grasp it(or follow their own path re:Atheism)? Many of Huck's policies are embracing the manner of helping others but this should be left to the local churchs who seem to have no power to do anything but tell you to go get wealthy the government takes care of that. Make sure to tithe so we can build a new McChurch.
If the nomination is dependant on these folks(as we have been told so much lately) how do we reach them? Is it really as relevant as the powers that be are making us think??

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
You don't need to break links to news articles. Only polls.

It doesn't matter if they see traffic from this site coming to read an article....

moostraks
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Okay thanks!!!:)