PDA

View Full Version : The Media Effect

Arek
12-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Well today while I was out Christmas shopping I talked to quite a few people about the presidential race. First I will give the good news a lot of the people I talked to like Dr. Paul's message. In fact while I was asking one lady that liked Huckabee if she knew about his record as Governor of Arkansas, out of pure luck a former Arkansas citizen was walking by and was like all he really did was raise tax after tax, including a very big tax on cigarettes and beer. He also said don't get him started on the Huckster's gas taxes. In fact every Huck supporter I talked to had no idea about his time as Governor of Arkansas and said they'd really like to know more about him now. These same people also like Dr. Ron Paul's message but kept telling me he had no chance of winning because the media said so. I then asked this simple question, if you and I each go to two of our neighbors and spread the good Dr's message and then tell them to do the same we the people could decide the election. All the people I talked to was impressed that we raised Ron 6 Million dollars in one day, but a few said such a shame they waste all this money.

So the sad truth is the media has brainwashed your average voter into believing Ron Paul has no chance of winning even though his poll numbers keep improving. One lady I talked to was confident though that if Ron Paul wins New Hampshire he'll win the nomination. She also seemed more educated then most of the people I talked to today. The former Arkansasan also was pretty confident that Ron Paul could win.

Strangely on the Democratic side the majority of the people I talked to support Joe Biden. Now I do live in a rural area so my polls are not scientific and don't intend to be. I'll call it the unscientific Christmas shopper poll at Wal-mart. lol

The truth is the average voter does know about Ron Paul and even like his message, but they don't believe he can win because the media tells them it's impossible for him to win.

Arek
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Bump- this board moves extremely fast.

cicatrice
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Yes, this is why it's at times so frustrating. I know people often say "don't believe everything you hear on TV" but they quickly seem to forget that.

Paulitician
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Well we just have to prove them wrong in Iowa and New Hampshire then.

rwl4
12-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Wyoming would be a nice win too.

Cap'n Crunk
12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
what state do you live in? impressive showings in Iowa and New Hampshire will show people he can win. these people that like his message, but don't think he can win will come around. so just keep planting the seeds if you live in states that don't hold one of the first 4 or 5 primaries.

Arek
12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I live in Maryland. I'm just glad I was able to reveal Huckabee's tax records to get peopel to change their mind about him. Thats what the one lady I talked to told me today after we win New Hampshire we'll win. Also I asked "does that mean the media decides every election then because you will only vote for who they tell you too. I always thought this was a Republic and we the people voted to decide who would be President."

It did make me happy to know almost everyone enjoys Ron Paul's message.

Ksuperneau
12-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Ya it really depends on the first two. If he does good then the support will flood into Dr. Pauls camp.