PDA

View Full Version : City of Chicago, convoy to IA this Saturday

Thrashertm
12-20-2007, 02:06 PM
For those living in Chicago -

Did you realize that it's only a 3 hour drive to Davenport Iowa? I think we can make a greater impact on the election if we can sway some Iowa caucus voters over to Ron Paul than by campaigning here in IL.

Anyone interested convoying over to Davenport this Saturday to help get out the word about Ron Paul? If you are, please sign up on meetup and reply to the thread here (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3961482#13747916)
which is the main focal point for this effort.

This would be an all-day, FUN event. Lets rent some cars (unless people want to volunteer their own cars), head over to Davenport Iowa, and do some grassroots campaigning. The Davenport Meetup has an event (posted below) that we can join in on, but would not be limited to.

I can rent a car on Saturday for $40, and we'll probably spend another $80 on fuel. With 4 people, that's only $30 per person. I think it's a good value for a fun day. Perhaps we can also get some donations from other volunteers here in the Chicago Meetup to defray these costs. I will look into it.

Here's the itinerary I propose:

1. 8:30 AM - Meet up at 8:30 AM at the City of Chicago Ron Paul headquarters (3168 N. Lincoln Ave.)
2. 8:40 AM - Drive to Davenport IA, arriving in time for the Davenport meetup event.
3. 12:00 PM campaign for Ron Paul
4. 4 PM return to Chicago
5. 7 PM arrive back in Chicago

Regards,
Fives

Link HERE (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/117/calendar/6933912/)

The Great Canvassing Continuation...
printerPrinter-friendly summary

« back to calendar view

When
Saturday, December 22, 2007 at 9:00 AM 20071222T150000Z
Where
Mojo's Cafe
129 Main St
Davenport , IA 52801
563-326-1555

* Info/Map

Who should come
Everyone so we can get out to the people who need information and yard signs.
Why
We're a grassroots movement reliant on face to face interaction with people from our city! This Campaign started as an individual grassroots movement, it will get people to the Caucus.
How to find the organizer(s)
"Call me at 563-570-5395 if your lost or left behind."
--Michael D. Elliott