PDA

View Full Version : Priceless -THE BLIMP REACTIONS!!

constitutional
12-20-2007, 01:38 PM
EVERYONE who I talk to here in Harford County, MD said they saw the blimp! Even my parents said they saw it twice during the day!

And when I was on a bus and suddenly I heard all the people go "BLIMP! BLIMP! OMG!!!" The reactions were priceless!

The blimp went right over where I live too!

HAHA, DONATE DONATE! YES, I'm EXCITED.

I wasn't ready the first time to take pictures, hopefully it passes by!

querty
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Donate or the fun will be over tomorrow...

quezkittel
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey Amistad! where do you live? I'm in bel air :) I saw it sitting at the airport last night, but so far no sightings overhead yet :)

constitutional
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey Amistad! where do you live? I'm in bel air :) I saw it sitting at the airport last night, but so far no sightings overhead yet :)

Right on buddy, I LIVE IN BEL AIR!! :D

constitutional
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM

I just saw it 20 minutes ago, it passed right over Dunkin' Donuts here in MD. People are saying they also saw it earlier around 1:20. :D

dsentell
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM

Check out the tracker, looks like it has been there . . . :)

SWATH
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Are they asking "Who is Ron Paul?"

disciple
12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Are they asking "Who is Ron Paul?"

I am sure they are now.

PimpBlimp
12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
What happens if they don't get all the money needed by tomorrow. Will it be grounded permanently?

quezkittel
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
yeah, I must have missed it, but am planning on being around to catch it returning to the airport for the night :) Maybe I'll even be crazy enough to pull a storm-chaser-like car chase. It feels like a holiday, knowing that the Ron Paul blimp is hovering around my hometown today!

Ethek
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
We so have to get this thing to NH... It would be demoralizing to all the other campaigns. We just get to sweep up the supporters.

querty
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
We so have to get this thing to NH... It would be demoralizing to all the other campaigns. We just get to sweep up the supporters.

+1

RonPaulJunkie
12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
People simply cannot ignore a blimp... Please donate anything you can!

Think12345
12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Cool!

I think when people see the blimp and you're around, it's your cue to engage :)

Ethek
12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Cool!

I think when people see the blimp and you're around, it's your cue to engage :)

I'd jump up pumping my fists. "Yeah!! Ron Paul, thats my man!"

pazzo83
12-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I just donated, lets keep this going folks.

wongster
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I saw the blimp flew by my work 2 hours ago, it was amazing!

kotetu
12-20-2007, 02:05 PM
http://w ww.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=52771&fb=1

The Ron Paul Blimp, With Over 300 Media Cites, Flies On
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

NEWS ANALYSIS/OPINION

For this week, anyway, the Ron Paul blimp project stays aloft – weather permitting – and apparently heads toward Virginia. Weather has, in fact, as some had predicted, played havoc with the schedule. But the blimp and its launch, when coupled with the recent Ron Paul mass donation day (see related articles), has seemingly generated powerful publicity for the limited government campaign of presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex).

Google the words “Ron Paul blimp,” restrict the search to just those words and at least 300 cites should come up on the page. Some may be repetitive, but, no matter, the blimp is generating necessary publicity, as did the record-breaking mass donation day.

It is worth noting here, again, as FMNN has before, that the modest, freedom-entrepreneur Trevor Lyman played a part in both these ventures. He is not alone in his involvement, of course. Others such as Jesse Elder and Eric Nordstrom over at RonPaulMoneyBomb.com are seminal free-market “market” visionaries in their own right. And, of course, with other campaigns, such ventures would not have gotten very far. It is the mass of Ron Paul freedom-loving supporters that provides the "human action."

Aren't all who believe in freedom enriched by freedom’s successes? Surely, there is “room at the top” for creative individuals of all sorts, and competition does not restrict opportunity but expands it. That is a lesson that Ron Paul supporters, among others, have likely, and luckily, internalized.

Bilgefisher
12-20-2007, 02:06 PM
This is great advertising. At the very least we get people saying...wait who is Ron Paul? Thats a good start. His philosophies do the rest.

10thAmendmentMan
12-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Where are the YouTube'd blimp reaction videos? I'm not seeing any reaction videos a la "2 girls 1 cup" (if you don't know what that is DO NOT look it up -- I'm serious).

Maximilian American
12-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Just Donated!

voytechs
12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm donating again. We can't let this fail. It took so much to get this thing off the group. Come on guys, now that we have all the hard work behind us, we have to get this thing funded.

For the future we know what to avoid, mistakes will be made, central planning doesn't work and all that. But come on, the bad weather had a lot to do with too and the crazy schedule. From now on things should fly much smoother.

Maximilian American
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
BLIMP! Help by Donating before the deadline tomorrow~!

Bilgefisher
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
lets bump the important threads like these. Positive campaign contributions, not bickering or complaining.

Talldude1412
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
How much do they need by tomorrow??

AdoubleR
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Where are the YouTube'd blimp reaction videos? I'm not seeing any reaction videos a la "2 girls 1 cup" (if you don't know what that is DO NOT look it up -- I'm serious).

WHY OH WHY DID I NOT HEED YOUR ADVICE? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BeFranklin
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
If that is the reactions, it makes sense to keep the blimp in the air.

Remember, what has already been donated is sunk costs; we've already paid 3/4s of the total.

Bilgefisher
12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
If that is the reactions, it makes sense to keep the blimp in the area.

Remember, what has already been donated is sunk costs; we've already paid 3/4s of the total.

Agreed, especially when you can tell folks grassroots efforts, not his campaign put the blimp in the air.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
It's cool that the blimp is flying everywhere except the early states

davver
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
They got hurt because the donation page was down for several days.

LibertyForAll
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Please give what you can Today!! http://www.ronpaulblimp.com
This is so crucial for morale and for media attention! Please give Now!

Ethek
12-20-2007, 02:42 PM

its been in SC. Maryland I think is winnable for the nomination and its headed towards NH tomorrow.

dsentell
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Blimp! Blimp!!

FreeTraveler
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM

Well, it's been to SC, and it's on the way to NH. There's only two ways to get there... over non-early states, or over the friggin OCEAN where NOBODY would see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Xar
12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Are they gonna hit the "first primary states" like Iowa, NH, and S.C. ????

I read some previous posts.. I see it went to S.C -- not much info from that, as compared to now... any hoopla in S.C, when it flew over there?

Coola
I live in Glen Burnie and I just realized it was up in Harford somewhere. Sadly I missed it but I felt the blimp visited me in my dreams. :(

Bilgefisher
Well, it's been to SC, and it's on the way to NH. There's only two ways to get there... over non-early states, or over the friggin OCEAN where NOBODY would see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody will see it if its grounded as well. Blimp needs 100k.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
EVERYONE who I talk to here in Harford County, MD said they saw the blimp! Even my parents said they saw it twice during the day!

And when I was on a bus and suddenly I heard all the people go "BLIMP! BLIMP! OMG!!!" The reactions were priceless!

That's the greatest news I've heard all day!

constitutional
12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Are they gonna hit the "first primary states" like Iowa, NH, and S.C. ????

I hope so... because I'm serious when I say this... people act like they've never seen a blimp.

The logo does needs to be little bigger (I can read it).... Other than that, looks great.

Peppy690
12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
i just donated...bump

pacelli
12-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Right now the blimp is over Lutherville, doing a tight circle. I have a fellow ron paul supporter at York Rd. He says that traffic is almost stopped looking at the blimp! Lets keep it in the air folks.

BeFranklin
12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
We can dress up the blimp as a giant elephant with a Ron Paul face later.. eh?

Harald
12-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello Gor Nishanov,

Thanks for buying from RonPaulBlimpTour using Google Checkout! RonPaulBlimpTour will charge and ship your order soon.

Get up-to-date information about order #xxxx

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
1Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 10.8 minutes $100.00
Tax (WA) :$0.00
Total:$100.00

torchbearer
12-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Right now the blimp is over Lutherville, doing a tight circle. I have a fellow ron paul supporter at York Rd. He says that traffic is almost stopped looking at the blimp! Lets keep it in the air folks.

I would love to see a picture of that.... people out of their cars pointing up at the sky...!

pacelli
12-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I would love to see a picture of that.... people out of their cars pointing up at the sky...!

My guy on the ground up in Maryland says he got a great picture of the blimp and will email it to me later tonight, I'll post it when i get it. He was driving at the time, not sure if he got everyone's reactions. I told him to try to get a picture of the reaction of the crowds, not sure if that was possible for him or not.

And before anyone asks, no youtube. ;)

expatinireland
12-20-2007, 03:14 PM
The blimp for better or worse is tied to the Ron Paul campaign and is symbolic of the grassroots. If it fails early on for lack of funds the Old Media will have a field day creating doubts in the minds of the kind of potential supporters who only come on board if they believe a candidate has a chance of winning.

We must keep the blimp up through at least the early primaries. Bad luck with the weather prevented a big media boost on the 16th so we need to get the blimp up to NH for a decent stay so that it can prove its worth. When the blimp is retired it needs to be seen as happening on our terms.

I gave a bit more.

work2win
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I was a little frustrated with some of the initial decisions, but it now has both banners and is charging full steam ahead. I've been reading about news coverage and positive reactions from people on the ground all morning.

We need to keep this thing up! I donated again this morning.

seapilot
12-20-2007, 03:17 PM
It says on the blog they are flying around reporters and are getting ready to take up another group around Maryland. Expect some news about it tommorow. I pitched in $25 more and here in Alaska wont get to see it! Folks on the EastCoast need to post more photos!

JustBcuz
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Bump 4 the blimp!

tekkierich
12-20-2007, 03:35 PM
It says on the blog they are flying around reporters and are getting ready to take up another group around Maryland. Expect some news about it tommorow. I pitched in $25 more and here in Alaska wont get to see it! Folks on the EastCoast need to post more photos!

pictures from this morning

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61191&page=2

Anti Federalist
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM

You knew those who didn't know would be the first to look it up.

Don't ever do that again.

Words fail me...

Cimbri
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
bump

torchbearer
12-20-2007, 03:47 PM
pictures from this morning

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61191&page=2

thanks!

AtomiC
12-20-2007, 03:47 PM
blimp

Micahyah
12-20-2007, 03:58 PM
blump

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
When Will It Be In Philly?????

drexhex
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I was outside sign waving (by myself, hehe) in Parkville, MD holding a "Google Ron Paul" homemade sign. I don't know if there's a meetup group that's been working in the Parkville/Towson area, but there are a LOT of supporters!

Also, my favorite car that pulled up (was at an intersection) was a guy who rolled down his window and asked, "Didn't I see a blimp with that guy's name on it earlier?! Who is he?" I gave him a slim-jim and told him a little about him, and then as I look up I see the blimp no more than a mile away from us, so I point to it. The guy's reaction was priceless! He said "I guess he's not a longshot anymore, huh?" as he drove away.

What a great day of sign waving. I saw the blimp at least 3 separate times, and got about 100 honks, handed out 50 slim-jims, and got 2 evil looks. Not bad, not bad at all.

:D

wirenut
12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I saw the blimp too in baltimore county near towson.

constitutional
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I was outside sign waving (by myself, hehe) in Parkville, MD holding a "Google Ron Paul" homemade sign. I don't know if there's a meetup group that's been working in the Parkville/Towson area, but there are a LOT of supporters!

Also, my favorite car that pulled up (was at an intersection) was a guy who rolled down his window and asked, "Didn't I see a blimp with that guy's name on it earlier?! Who is he?" I gave him a slim-jim and told him a little about him, and then as I look up I see the blimp no more than a mile away from us, so I point to it. The guy's reaction was priceless! He said "I guess he's not a longshot anymore, huh?" as he drove away.

What a great day of sign waving. I saw the blimp at least 3 separate times, and got about 100 honks, handed out 50 slim-jims, and got 2 evil looks. Not bad, not bad at all.

I salute you!

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Save The Blimp!

QuesoPantera
12-20-2007, 04:12 PM
anyone know the RonPaulGraphs & DailyPaul people? Maybe have them link this thread?

RonPaulJunkie
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM

That is awesome!

Can you give us an idea of the % of traffic that honked?

TooConservative
12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp, With Over 300 Media Cites, Flies On
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

NEWS ANALYSIS/OPINION

For this week, anyway, the Ron Paul blimp project stays aloft – weather permitting – and apparently heads toward Virginia. Weather has, in fact, as some had predicted, played havoc with the schedule.

I was one of the blimp skeptics. I also raised the issue of harsh New England weather.

But now, you got me.

I just donated $100. I hope you Blimpers are happy now. But we have to stick together. My regret is that I'm not maxxed out and that we have only raised $29,073 for the official campaign today. And yet, we're at $18M for the quarter so far and Dr. Paul only expected $15M-$16M in his wildest dreams.

So I ignored my own warnings about others donating to the blimp when they weren't maxxed out yet. I just hope this will have the impact on public opinion and raising more support for us that many of you believe.

And yet, somehow, the blimp is a symbol of hope. Hope For America. It is an appealing, cheerful and hopeful symbol for us. So I'm okay with it. And I think Dr. Paul is too even if I'm not maxxed out.

I urge the other blimp skeptics to set aside our previous objections and donate now. Sometimes, unity is more important than who is right and who is wrong.

Let's fly that blimp!

Heather in WI
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Blimp!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2127/2124745187_efd81ce244.jpg

enjerth
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Totally cool.

I just donated $25.

Ethek
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Great to here. I used to live up there. Wish I could have seen it. I can picture it circling over Towson now.

drexhex
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
That is awesome!

Can you give us an idea of the % of traffic that honked?

If I count waves, honks, smiles, and nods of the head, I'd say roughly 10%. I also saw another 20-30 people mouth the words "Google Ron Paul" and smiled. One guy even had a iPhone and was looking him up at the light =D

Overall, about 40% acknowledged me and 10-15% showed a sign of approval.

Rex
12-20-2007, 04:36 PM
keep up the great work!

enjerth
12-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Ron Paul can spend a million $ on advertising and not get the kind of name recognition this will put out. If what you guys are saying is true, this is the best money spent yet on ANY campaign.

I'd love to see the blimp here some time in Grand Island, NE, but I know that's totally unreasonable to expect.

disciple
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
The blimp is our flag, don't take it down.

quezkittel
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I saw the blimp fly over tiny wheel road on the way back home today! The amazing bit was that since it was flying low and the words were really visible, this line of traffic on the road slowed down to about ten miles an hour as everybody looked above :) The words Ron Paul were clearly visible, too!

As a side note, my dad saw it too and called me saying that it was great, as did a friend who didn't know the blimp was coming but knew I supported Ron Paul. I think I'm gonna hit up the mall with slim jims tomorrow to hit people while they're still thinking about the blimp. :)

kotetu
12-20-2007, 04:42 PM
WHY OH WHY DID I NOT HEED YOUR ADVICE? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Urban Dictionary: 2 girls 1 cup
The act of multiple(2) partners(girls) deffacating into glassware(1 cup) and then performing sexual acts with the fecal matter

Ok back to the blimp...

drexhex
12-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I saw the blimp fly over tiny wheel road on the way back home today! The amazing bit was that since it was flying low and the words were really visible, this line of traffic on the road slowed down to about ten miles an hour as everybody looked above :) The words Ron Paul were clearly visible, too!

As a side note, my dad saw it too and called me saying that it was great, as did a friend who didn't know the blimp was coming but knew I supported Ron Paul. I think I'm gonna hit up the mall with slim jims tomorrow to hit people while they're still thinking about the blimp. :)

What mall? I might be able to join you. I'm in the Towson area. PM me if you prefer.

acstichter
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I think I'm gonna hit up the mall with slim jims tomorrow to hit people while they're still thinking about the blimp.

Excellent idea. Good luck

Flirple
12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Save the blimp!!!!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Save The Bliiiiimp!!!

disciple
12-20-2007, 06:12 PM
The Blimp is the best grassroots campaign stunt ever.

pacelli
12-20-2007, 06:24 PM
When Will It Be In Philly?????

It won't be if it is not funded.

kherty
12-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I just donated $25

Thanks for buying from RonPaulBlimpTour using Google Checkout! RonPaulBlimpTour will charge and ship your order soon.

C'mon everybody! Pitch in!

Pharoah
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Where's the blimp? Check the flight plan:

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

Track that blimp:

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MapFull.php

Ronin
12-20-2007, 06:41 PM
x-post

I just got a call from a friend who works in Baltimore. He saw the blimp (sorry didn't get a picture) and it was the talk of the building. The building being about 20 stories. He said when he looked down at the street EVERYONE was looking and pointing up at it. On his way home he saw it again and everyone was on the side of the road taking pictures of it. Have faith people!

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Donate! We need 100k by tomorrow or the fun ends!

tomveil
12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
x-post

I just got a call from a friend who works in Baltimore. He saw the blimp (sorry didn't get a picture) and it was the talk of the building. The building being about 20 stories. He said when he looked down at the street EVERYONE was looking and pointing up at it. On his way home he saw it again and everyone was on the side of the road taking pictures of it. Have faith people!

My friend in Baltimore said the same thing. She's not voting for Paul, but I was able to give her a little "HA!" today when her whole office was talking about it.

Shavenyak
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I finally donated to the blimp. I remember my fascination with blimps as a child. I would just stare for what seemed like an hour. Please, let's keep it afloat. This is truly a unique opportunity. We just had some bad luck in the beginning.

shadow26
12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I finally donated to the blimp. I remember my fascination with blimps as a child. I would just stare for what seemed like an hour. Please, let's keep it afloat. This is truly a unique opportunity. We just had some bad luck in the beginning.

I wonder if the number of google searches on Ron Paul's name showed a significant spike today...

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I wonder if the number of google searches on Ron Paul's name showed a significant spike today...

I don't know....but the donations on the blimp site have..a little...:)

walt
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Donate! We need 100k by tomorrow or the fun ends!

spend the money wisely - I still haven't heard a valid explanation for the price inceases associated with this project.

ConstitutionReinstitution
12-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Order Details - Dec 20, 2007 19:18 GMT-06:00

Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - Fly the Ron Paul Blimp to the Inauguration! $25.00
Tax (xx) : $0.00
Total: $25.00

This just released on AP and UPI: Presidential candidate Ron Paul is no longer considered a fringe candidate since he has is own grassroots campaign blimp.

Blimping for the future.

TooConservative
12-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from the other blimp skeptics.

It's time to support our own grassroots. Even if we didn't originally agree with the merit of the project for various reasons, some of them valid reasons. But that's past now.

Just man up. Get out the plastic and give $10, $25, $50, $100. Cough it up for our own grassroots.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Bump for the blimp.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kaleidoscope eyes
12-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Don't forget the matching purchase thread by TexasLiberty over in the Blimp Forum!!!
Please don't let this project go down like a lead balloon! :(

torchbearer
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM
don't let this project go down like a lead balloon! :(

like a led zeppelin.

Tidewise
12-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Sorry if I have missed it, but any reason why the official campaign cannot use its money to buy blimp time? It seems like a great use of the money. No speculation please; just facts if you have them. Thanks!

dawnbt
12-20-2007, 07:55 PM

LOL! Someone tricked me with that!:eek:

dawnbt
12-20-2007, 07:56 PM
lets bump the important threads like these. Positive campaign contributions, not bickering or complaining.

I'm bumping just to say...Good Call!

kaleidoscope eyes
12-20-2007, 08:01 PM
like a led zeppelin.
lol, exactly. ;)

People love blimps, this is a good investment. I'm originally from near Akron, OH Home of Goodyear and their mighty blimps! It never mattered how many times you've seen one, every time we'd here the hummmmmm of the engines we'd run outside like children on christmas morning! I'm tellin' ya people eat this stuff up!
Keep her flying!!!!!

dawnbt
12-20-2007, 08:01 PM
You knew those who didn't know would be the first to look it up.

Don't ever do that again.

Words fail me...

LMAO!!

OddballAZ
12-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I've never donated to the blimp but I just sent them $25. I'm not even near maxed out for the official campaign but from reading these reactions of those who have seen it I donated. I'm in AZ so I won't ever see it unless it gets up to Phoenix for the Super Bowl. So any videos you guys post on You Tube are great for me!

Mandrik
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm in York, Pa. Man, if I wasn't at work I'd have driven down to see it. :(

Yom
12-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Just donated $10 (1 minute), my first donation to the blimp or the RP campaign. :D

Ron2Win
12-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 2.7 minutes USD25.00
Tax (FL) : USD0.00
Total: USD25.00

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Bump for the blimp.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

pickfair
12-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I think people are discouraged by the lack of media coverage. But no matter how much the MSM tries to ignore this blimp, they can't change the fact that this is getting people's attention. :D

dawnbt
12-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't know....but the donations on the blimp site have..a little...:)

Does anyone know approximately how much the blimp site started with today?

kaleidoscope eyes
12-20-2007, 09:09 PM
bump

ConstitutionReinstitution
12-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Just donated $10 (1 minute), my first donation to the blimp or the RP campaign. :D

Welcome, Yom

traviskicks
12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I was outside sign waving (by myself, hehe) in Parkville, MD holding a "Google Ron Paul" homemade sign.

thanks for your support, stuff like that is inspiring.

Virginia Libertarian
12-20-2007, 09:27 PM
bump important threads let the complaining threads die

mconder
12-20-2007, 09:34 PM
This is why the Blimp must be kept flying!!!

kimosabi
12-20-2007, 09:45 PM
This is the best thread ever.

This is a true Blimproots Victory...

Viva La Blimp!!!

hyoomen
12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm broke. I may be hungry for a few extra days beyond what I'd anticipated after TeaParty07. But I'm not as broke or as hungry as I'll be if we fail to help Ron Paul win back our country.

Order Details - Dec 20, 2007 21:46 GMT-06:00
Google Order #longnumbergoeshere
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 10.8 minutes USD100.00
Tax (TX) : USD0.00
Total: USD100.00

Now somebody from RonPaulBlimp, please tell us what the details are. How dire is the initiative?

kaleidoscope eyes
12-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Bedtime Blimp Bump
yawwwwwwwwwwnnnn.
nite nite

slantedview
12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
http://ondecember16th.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/biglaunchhorse.jpg

TheEvilDetector
12-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Blimp Sighting Videos
http://ondecember16th.com/archives/category/blimpvideo

Trigonx
12-20-2007, 10:29 PM
this thread delivers

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Bump for the blimp! We must hurry!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

drexhex
12-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Blimp for the bump!

Err...

Bump!

Finn
12-21-2007, 12:12 AM
We need some kind of blimp money bomb organized today. Otherwise this is not happening. And I think it's the organizers who need to do it, and also give as much information as they can. The communication has sucked.

I love the blimp and don't want to see it die. The reactions sound so cool.

NerveShocker
12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
People get confused when you call it a money bomb. Really we just need to do what we did last time their was a deadline closing fast for the blimp project. That of course was raise lots of money for it fast. We did it before and likely will be able to pull it off again. People just need to know how much this blimp has helped us already (especially with local media of the areas the blimp passes through) and they also need to know our deadline is coming fast. The goal is to get to 400,000$ by tomorrow (Midnight probably like last time) but its possible this isn't a deadline and is more of a goal, though I am not certain. Either way we should rally behind the blimp quickly and then we can easily gather the funds we need. The blimp is headed to New York in a day or so and today was in Baltimore. All of these things are getting massive attention at the local level, so let's get it to as many populated areas as possible.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

defcreative
12-21-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm broke. I may be hungry for a few extra days beyond what I'd anticipated after TeaParty07. But I'm not as broke or as hungry as I'll be if we fail to help Ron Paul win back our country.

Order Details - Dec 20, 2007 21:46 GMT-06:00
Google Order #longnumbergoeshere
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 10.8 minutes USD100.00
Tax (TX) : USD0.00
Total: USD100.00

Now somebody from RonPaulBlimp, please tell us what the details are. How dire is the initiative?

YES! You are a true patriot. Thank you for your support.

kimosabi
12-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Ok, let's have a Blimpbomb...

greendiseaser
12-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Blumped For Truth.

Donate, You Punks!

:d

tropicangela
12-21-2007, 01:43 AM
*chanting* Blimpbomb... blimpbomb... blimpbomb

Ya'll need to find out how to do a mass mailing to any meetup group with Ron Paul in the title. Maybe someone from MeetUp would give a grassroots organizer that privilege.

firebirdnation
12-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Meetup has that new meetup alliance which is supposed to allow all the meetups with the same interestes to coordinate with each other. Perhaps that would be a good place to start?

bucfish
12-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Save the Blimp!!! Do your budget and see what you can come up with!

Courage and Faith are important but WE must work for it.

bucfish
12-21-2007, 02:24 AM
bump

BlueGecko
12-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Blimp Bump

Benaiah
12-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Wow. I just read all 13 pages of this thread. I like reading about the reactions from people.

Now that I think about it, everyone does always stop and look at blimps. Everyone loves blimps.

pacelli
12-21-2007, 02:40 AM
I saw the blimp too in baltimore county near towson.

Awesome, and, welcome to the Ron Paul Forums :)

pacelli
12-21-2007, 02:42 AM
For the blimpbomb- here's the total donations for the blimp. We need to make that little line hit 400k. Considering what we're used to doing, we're close :)

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/blimp_actual_total.html

qwerty
12-21-2007, 03:11 AM

AMAZING!

NerveShocker
12-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Bump for the blimp.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Matthew Zak
12-21-2007, 05:18 AM
blimp for the bump

Libertad2008
12-21-2007, 05:19 AM
If you've already maxed out for the official campaign, PLEASE donate to the blimp. A number of people I've talked to were quite impressed that the grassroots pulled this off, and if it fails, the MSM will try to make a laughing stock out of it/us.

Lacrosseus
12-21-2007, 05:24 AM
People get confused when you call it a money bomb. Really we just need to do what we did last time their was a deadline closing fast for the blimp project. That of course was raise lots of money for it fast. We did it before and likely will be able to pull it off again. People just need to know how much this blimp has helped us already (especially with local media of the areas the blimp passes through) and they also need to know our deadline is coming fast. The goal is to get to 400,000$ by tomorrow (Midnight probably like last time) but its possible this isn't a deadline and is more of a goal, though I am not certain. Either way we should rally behind the blimp quickly and then we can easily gather the funds we need. The blimp is headed to New York in a day or so and today was in Baltimore. All of these things are getting massive attention at the local level, so let's get it to as many populated areas as possible.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

It will be interesting to see if the rules change yet again... if they are unable to receive the 400K by tonight, will the deadline change as it has in the past?

kaleidoscope eyes
12-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Morning Blimp Bump!

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Yeah as I thought it was a goal. This is smart to do though because it's the only way to meet deadlines. Set goals that get people paying attention to it before it's too late. The blimp is getting great reactions from everyone who sees it and hopefully more and more coverage. Look at this comment I found at the Ron Paul Blimp blogs that shows how it's helping a great deal with name recognition and also just amazing those who see it.

Quote:

"Don't feel too bad, I'd never heard of him either until I saw the blimp today. Joe only got a picture of one side of the blimp, but, interestingly enough,the other side says: "Who is Ron Paul? Google Ron Paul." So they're expecting a lot of people not to know!

I saw the blimp first from the north end and then again about a half hour later nearer the south end of Salisbury. My 3 y/o was thrilled to be able to see it!"

~Angie

Support the blimp!
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat: www.RonPaulRadio.com

Kombaiyashii
12-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Will the Blimp make a stop over London? I really want to see it too...

bucfish
12-22-2007, 07:38 AM
The value of the blimp is priceless!!!

tsetsefly
12-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Will the Blimp make a stop over London? I really want to see it too...

if he wins the presidency!

Kombaiyashii
12-22-2007, 07:40 AM
if he wins the presidency!

I'll hold you to that!

disciple
12-22-2007, 07:41 AM
I want the Blimp in Atlanta.

Ethek
12-22-2007, 07:46 AM
I think this how effective the blimp is for just a few minutes.

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 07:58 AM
The donations are slowing back down guys! We need to make this our focus at least until they hit the 400,000$. Just because they gave us a an extension doesn't mean we don't need the funds asap!

Support the first Presidential blimp in history(or at least blimp supporting a president) www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

bucfish
12-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Bump the Blimp and Donate today

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Bump for the blimp! We have to keep at least a good amount of attention on this. The blimp has been a huge success and will do better with a little luck in weather improvements. I can tell you now if they blimp goes down it will be all over the media 10x more than it went up. They have a way of talking about some things more than others. We are repeatedly making history.. first with Nov 5th, then with the blimp, and then again on the teaparty. The media cannot ignore us when we break records and do things never before done in history. We are doing exactly what needs to be done to force them to take us seriously.

Help support the blimp! www.RonPaulBlimp.com

tsetsefly
12-22-2007, 12:17 PM
donate!!

RobS
12-22-2007, 12:28 PM
blump! donate till it hurts!

kaleidoscope eyes
12-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Blimpity bump!

oh yeah, almost forgot!

remember Texasliberty's offer to match your purchases!

link here: (yes, I finally figured out how to do this lol):o

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58747

happyphilter
12-22-2007, 12:34 PM
im spent =[
go blimp go!

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 12:58 PM
The Ron Paul Revolution will go down history. It is things like this project that make it revolutionary :)

Help support the first blimp in history to support a presidential candidate. Don't forget this is one of the largest blimps in the world!!! Imagine for a second what it would be like seeing it fly over your neighborhood. ;)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

OferNave
12-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I was at a Ron Paul sign wave in Portsmouth, NH yesterday (it was our welcome for Hillary's campaign stop), and a woman came up to me and told me she just received a call from her mother down south about seeing the blimp. It just spreads like wildfire.

tsetsefly
12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
look at these comments from a blog that covered the blimp:

At 6:25 PM , Blogger blutojthetotmom said...

Pardon me for being a "maroon" but who is Ron Paul?

At 6:44 PM , Blogger joealbero said...

OK, here's something I thought I'd NEVER say. You're a moron. LOL!

At 7:51 PM , Blogger WatchfulEye said...

He's a Republican Presidential Candidate. Sneaking up there on some of the others in Iowa. Conservative-Libertarian

At 7:56 PM , Blogger blutojthetotmom said...

I TOTALLY opened myself up to that one LOL.So,I Googled him and now I know-shows you how much attention I pay to politics.

At 7:58 PM , Blogger joealbero said...

Once a moron, always a moron. LOL, just kidding, you know that. By the way, If you were a moroon, (like you stated) you'd have to change the colors on your profile photo. LOL

At 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw it at the mall today, and had NO IDEA who it was about...

At 11:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totmom--

Don't feel too bad, I'd never heard of him either until I saw the blimp today. Joe only got a picture of one side of the blimp, but, interestingly enough,the other side says: "Who is Ron Paul? Google Ron Paul." So they're expecting a lot of people not to know!

I saw the blimp first from the north end and then again about a half hour later nearer the south end of Salisbury. My 3 y/o was thrilled to be able to see it!

~Angie

Adamsa
12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Are people just liking the blimp or are they actually saying, "Hmm, I'll have a look at who this Ron Paul is..."?

tsetsefly
12-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Are people just liking the blimp or are they actually saying, "Hmm, I'll have a look at who this Ron Paul is..."?

look at my post, above yours...

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Bump for the blimp.

Help support the blimp at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio at www.RonPaulRadio.com (You can chat too)

Bilgefisher
12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
The blimp is working very nicely.

NewEnd
12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Blimp!!!! Blimp!!!

Matthew Zak
12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
donate to this thing guys we can't lose it! :)

walt
12-22-2007, 04:58 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63471

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Bump for the blimp..!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kaleidoscope eyes
12-22-2007, 09:11 PM
blimp!

Arkris
12-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Blimp

jorlowitz
12-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I was surprised by how small the banners looked relative to the size of the blimp. Could you actually read the text from the ground? (Could others, who didn't know what the blimp already said?)

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I guess you haven't seen any of the pictures..? You can see them easily.. The blimp is one of the largest in the world so even if the banners didn't cover the entire thing they are enormous. There are pictures all over the web that you could find easily instead of asking us.. But I'll give you the link that can lead you to the pictures. http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Sightings.php The banners are quite big actually relative to the blimp. ;/