PDA

View Full Version : Why would you NOT vote for Ron Paul?

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I have been thinking about why someone wouldn't vote for RP. I have come up with two reasons:

He is the oldest candidate, and a lot of people will vote based on looks, at which Mitt Romney would rate at the top
Most people think that with the major changes he wants, something would go wrong, so they would prefer a candidate that won't "rock the boat".

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I am voting for Ron Paul in the Iowa Caucuses and on the Republican ticket in the general election and NOTHING can cause me to change my mind!

daikonv
12-20-2007, 01:13 PM
not to be impolite, but i dont think this should be in the grassroots section. plus, i'd be careful of setting yourself up looking like a troll. for me, i try not to focus on the negative as much and tend to focus more on why ron paul should be voted for.

VoluntaryMan
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
If he died before election day, I would write him in.

I didn't understand the question.

Ethek
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I was really squirrelly on Islamic fascism.... I saw it as a serious problem. It took some understanding that Paul was not going to gut the military too the point of uselessness and that there is a strong historical significance US policy causing a lot of our own problems. I'm on board 100% now. I also realize now our impending bankruptcy leaves me with no choice to vote for Dr. Paul

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I have been thinking about why someone wouldn't vote for RP. I have come up with two reasons:

He is the oldest candidate, and a lot of people will vote based on looks, at which Mitt Romney would rate at the top
Most people think that with the major changes he wants, something would go wrong, so they would prefer a candidate that won't "rock the boat".

Go away. Nobody wants to hear this crap. This is a revolution so rocking the boat is the whole point. The boat is shit anyway. And Ron is a chick magnet. http://hotties4ronpaul.com/

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
not to be impolite, but i dont think this should be in the grassroots section. plus, i'd be careful of setting yourself up looking like a troll. for me, i try not to focus on the negative as much and tend to focus more on why ron paul should be voted for.

I agree, and hope I am not coming across as a troll.

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Go away. Nobody wants to hear this crap. This is a revolution so rocking the boat is the whole point. The boat is shit anyway. And Ron is a chick magnet. http://hotties4ronpaul.com/

Lol ok mods delete this thread.

JayAre
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
I think we need to talk about this stuff. I mean, if you don't know why somebody would NOT vote for Ron Paul, how are you going to convince people TO vote for Ron Paul.

As a salesman, you have to know the objections people will have otherwise you can't overcome them.

One thing I can see is that people are afraid that if we pull out of Iraq, it will turn to shit. There's a few arguments against that, I would say. One, it already has turned to shit; we pulled out of Vietnam and look at our relations with them now; if we don't pull out, our own country will go (and is going) down the tubes. etc, etc.

orion846
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
im not in love with the way he talks about global warming an the enviornment to be perfectly honest

PimpBlimp
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
The only way I won't vote for Ron Paul is if I'm struck dead before the ballot day.

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I think we need to talk about this stuff. I mean, if you don't know why somebody would NOT vote for Ron Paul, how are you going to convince people TO vote for Ron Paul.

As a salesman, you have to know the objections people will have otherwise you can't overcome them.

One thing I can see is that people are afraid that if we pull out of Iraq, it will turn to shit. There's a few arguments against that, I would say. One, it already has turned to shit; we pulled out of Vietnam and look at our relations with them now; if we don't pull out, our own country will go (and is going) down the tubes. etc, etc.

Agreed, but most people just accused me of "trolling".