PDA

View Full Version : All 6 people at our table ...

Sandra
12-20-2007, 12:59 PM
were Ron Paul supporters! We had a a Christmas party for my husband's job and every one of them at our table (6) were voting in the primaries for Ron Paul.

Then while mingling after the dinner one other person stated they were voting for him and another walked up and said he was torn between Paul and Huckabee but was leaning toward Huckabee because he wanted to abolish the IRS!. I handed him a RP business card and pointed out that RP wants to abolish the IRS. "Whoa, I'm voting for Paul" he said. " He thought Huckabee was ging too much like Bush with the way he was pandering to religion. :):):)

ConstitutionGal
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
FANTASTIC!!! I'm running into more and more RP supporters around here too and seeing more bumper stickers on the roads. He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!

angrydragon
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
That's awesome! If you could have showed him the Paul vs Huckabee video on taxes, I bet he would be impressed even more.

MikeStanart
12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
If only Frank Luntz was there to spin your situation into:

"Local poll shows 83% of Republicans will vote for Ron Paul; and the other 17% are easily swayed into voting for Paul."

BlutStein
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Geez. I wish this would happen to me. All the folks I run into just have zero desire to talk politics. I talk with lots of folks who like his ideas but they aren't sure and they don't want to expend any energy to look into the issues, much less talk at end about it.

Blah! Its Frustrating.

AtomiC
12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Geez. I wish this would happen to me. All the folks I run into just have zero desire to talk politics. I talk with lots of folks who like his ideas but they aren't sure and they don't want to expend any energy to look into the issues, much less talk at end about it.

Blah! Its Frustrating.

Hehe the same with me bro.

Just try and persuade them how important it is to their country that they vote for Ron Paul because if he doesn't win this country is going down the chute.

Sandra
12-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Blah! Its Frustrating.

Blutstein, the good news is they probably aren't motivated to vote either! :p

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Blah! Its Frustrating.

Talking about Ron Paul does NOT have to be about 'taling politics'!!! Talk about a better future and 'grease the slide' for talking about Ron Paul. The word 'politicss' and theme of 'politics' never needs to come up.

Hunter

jgmaynard
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM

Blah! Its Frustrating.

Hehe the same with me bro.

Just try and persuade them how important it is to their country that they vote for Ron Paul because if he doesn't win this country is going down the chute.

Seems to me like you two need to join the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org) and move to New Hampsha, where we have two elections a year, first in the nation primaries, and children are brought up talking about politics (even as a toddler, we as a family watched the CBS Evening News with Walter Kronkite every night, and discussed Vietnam, Watergate, etc.). It's not the only thing we talk about, but it is our default setting. :)

JM

JayAre
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
A lot of the older people I know haven't even heard about him. I was very happy to find out that a few of my friends from college were already paul supporters (hadn't seen them for almost a year). These are the same people that I argued with all the time in college about politics. They are now on my side!! :D

Stealth4
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
That's awesome! If you could have showed him the Paul vs Huckabee video on taxes, I bet he would be impressed even more.

link to video?

BlutStein
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Seems to me like you two need to join the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org) and move to New Hampsha, where we have two elections a year, first in the nation primaries, and children are brought up talking about politics (even as a toddler, we as a family watched the CBS Evening News with Walter Kronkite every night, and discussed Vietnam, Watergate, etc.). It's not the only thing we talk about, but it is our default setting. :)

JM

Believe me, I've thought about it a lot lately. I love Texas a lot though and while it might be time to move, I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out where I could move that would be worth leaving. The main draw back to NH is the fact that me and cold weather have been arch-enemies from birth.