PDA

View Full Version : Do you support a NEW YEAR'S EVE Money Bomb to get to $20 Million?

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Okay, here's the question... please vote in the poll above...

Do you support a December 31st New Year's Eve money bomb to get our total up to $20 million?

If you do support it - please suggest the best way to go about doing it - website promotion, forum promotion, other methods?

If you do not support it, please tell us why.

Thanks.

MRoCkEd
12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah. 20 million would sound better than 19 million

FreedomRings
12-20-2007, 12:47 PM
http://donate2008.org/

Ethek
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
No. The NH ads and the blimp project are much more in need of support at the momment with potential for much more impact. The Q4 numbers will be reported in total for the year and Dr. Paul wont get much benefit from a stand alone 20m number.

DJ RP
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Excellent stuff. Can you get a running counter of how many people have signed up?

And guys, we might as well go all out to get the biggest 4th quarter total we can. I recommend everybody put the last of they money into the campaign on the 31st, seriously. We want to give ourselves the very best chance of being the NUMBER ONE fundraiser for the quarter. After that it's all about getting the word out on the ground!!!! Go Ron Paul.

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Who is the creator of this site?

Why aren't they using feedburner?

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I think a major new money bomb shouldnt happen for a while.....but I think it is definetly a good idea to get to 20 million just because it sounds much better in the media.

Why do you think wal-mart prices things at 19.95 instead of 20.....the difference between 19.95 and 20 sounds more than 19.90 and 19.95.......

jgmaynard
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
$20 M will allow us to say that only Ron Paul can outfundraise Hillary...

"A vote for anyone except Paul in the Republican Primary is a vote for Hillary!!!" :D

JM

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
No. The NH ads and the blimp project are much more in need of support at the momment with potential for much more impact. The Q4 numbers will be reported in total for the year and Dr. Paul wont get much benefit from a stand alone 20m number.

Good point about the blimp but I reckon 20mil looks alot better than 19

MikeStanart
12-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Lets not call it a money bomb.

If we do a "Money Bomb" and the media gets a whiff of it; and sees we only raise 1 million +; they might say our support is dwindling?

Lets just call it something else if we're gonna do it.

Call it a "20 Million or Bust Spree" or something like that.

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM

If we do a "Money Bomb" and the media gets a whiff of it; and sees we only raise 1 million +; they might say our support is dwindling?

COMPLETELY AGREE

How about the NEW YEARS EVE TOP-UP

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM

The video on that site is goofy at the end... something about a $2.8 million goal...:confused:

If we're going to have a New Year's Eve money bomb - the goal needs to be $20 million for the quarter - not sure why that video is saying $2.8 :confused:

The graphics at the top are nice, but it's awfully bloated with non-essential stuff, IMHO.

Also, I would feel uncomfortable sending my email address to a non-Feedburner email list.

Was that site create by one of our forum members?

Ronin
12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Why doesn't someone just ask the campaign? I'm sure if they could they would throw money at the grassroots projects. This whole notion of "media likes round numbers" is non-sense. What matters more is if we beat the other candidates. At this point I think it's safe to say we have. Plus, the official numbers aren't released until Mid-Jan. By that point it doesn't really matter anyways. Like I've said before, the campaign is not shy to ask for money and getting a round 20mil isn't going to get us any more media.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a bunch of trolls trying to put this "money bomb" together. It seems to me the majority of the people that support it are new to the forums. Not that we don't welcome people, but I don't think they realize what goes into promoting something like this.

One other thing. Why wait until Dec 31st?? The sooner they get money the better. They have to do ad purchases sometimes a month in advance. Remember in Nov when they sent that controversial email about donating now?? The reason was so they could purchase NH and IA ads, which were broadcast a month later. To add to that things like operationnh are purchasing ads, so the money is being spent the same way anyways.

vadimg
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
http://donate2008.org

peacemonger
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
don't use the word "bomb". call it a "final push" or something. a bomb should be very big and we don't want those high expectations on this one. If we don't make every bomb bigger than the last, the media will spin it to say our support is waning.

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Vadim - apparently from the WHOIS records, donate2008.org is your web site... nice job on the graphics at the top of the page.

Couple of questions for you:

1. Why didn't you use Feedburner (people trust Feedburner, and on your current setup, we don't know where our email addresses will end up)

2. What's with the ending on the first video, where is mentions a $2.8 million goal? If we are going to do a year-end money bomb (or push, or whatever we call it), the goal should be $20 million.

Thanks.

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
How about a Party Bomb?

To get to $20 Million is a great and reasonable goal for Q4 at this point, good for the new people to donate to, it should be easy to hit 1.5 Million in 24 hours.

And people who are really serious about this can spend their new Christmas money on this, or return gifts they don't need for cash to donate.

All the local Meetup groups can have their own little parties, this could be huge.

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
How about a Party Bomb?

Well, there will be a lot of people "getting bombed" on that night, for sure. :D

WilliamC
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM
With Christmas coming up it'll be more difficult to get people to donate, and I agree there are other projects needing funding too, but 20 million by the end of the quarter should be doable. I'll donate some more, either on the 31st or before. Just gotta make sure I don't get catch any W.O.W from A.S.S.

Wrath of Wife from Angry Spouse Syndrome.

I guess the jokes a bit old by now.

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
To get to $20 Million is a great and reasonable goal for Q4 at this point, good for the new people to donate to, it should be easy to hit 1.5 Million in 24 hours.

I see the point someone made, that it really doesn't matter when we get the donations, as long as the donations total $20 million before midnight, EST (Eastern Standard Time) on Dec. 31st.

So folks can donate now, next week or on New Year's Eve... the effect will be the same since our goal is not to raise a certain amount in a 24-hour period... the goal is simply to reach $20 mil before 2008 kicks in.

Alex Libman
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes, but we need to raise $21 mil to beat Romney's best quarter, let's go for it!

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Yes, but we need to raise $21 mil to beat Romney's best quarter, let's go for it!

Nice thought, but that's HUGE goal - just my opinion but we'll be doing good to hit $20 million, especially since we're talking about an event that is only 2 weeks since the Tea Party. Even the Nov 30 efforts (which had a good degree of support here) raised only a bit over $500,000... to reach $21 million, we'd have to raise an additional $2.5 million - that's not going to happen.

I'm seeing a lot of the veteran forum members here express a bit of weariness with another money bomb this close to the Tea Party - for those who've been around here for a while, you can understand that. I'm not seeing a lot of the "regulars" support this New Year's Eve effort, at least not in this thread.

Not saying we can't do it - I'm just suggesting that if it gets done, it will get done primarily by newer recruits to the cause... the old-timers here are a bit burnt out financially, I think. And I think if it's done - the goal should be $20 million before 2008.

enjerth
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I voted yes, but I have to say, enough of the money "bombs".

Make it a Ron Paul "bump", bringing him up to the top. :D

"Hey media, [bump] Ron Paul."

dsentell
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM

I have to agree with this! I don't even see that it has to have a name. Let's just do it to get him over the top!

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Money Party

Henry
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM

In so far as the media is concerned, I don't give a rat's ass to what they think anymore. It's a crooked entity, has been and always will be!!!!:mad::mad:

Paulitician
12-20-2007, 02:41 PM
We're going to get 20 million either way. You don't have to call it a money bomb or anything, it's just going to happen.

yongrel
12-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I think a full-on money bomb is unrealistic.

But I would support a "New Year's Revolution."

As long as we don't call it a money bomb, and as long as we have a small and realistic goal (1.5 million?) I would support it.

vadimg
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Vadim - apparently from the WHOIS records, donate2008.org is your web site... nice job on the graphics at the top of the page.

Couple of questions for you:

1. Why didn't you use Feedburner (people trust Feedburner, and on your current setup, we don't know where our email addresses will end up)

2. What's with the ending on the first video, where is mentions a $2.8 million goal? If we are going to do a year-end money bomb (or push, or whatever we call it), the goal should be $20 million.

Thanks.

I use aweber for my business and am very comfortable with it

current graph is posted on the site and ronpaulgraphs.com is carrying it also

I have changed the video to reflect 20 mil goal

mconder
12-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Being this close to 20 million, it would be sad to not reach this goal.

mconder
12-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I think a full-on money bomb is unrealistic.

Reaching 20 million would be just fine.

Wayne Hammond
12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I use aweber for my business and am very comfortable with it

current graph is posted on the site and ronpaulgraphs.com is carrying it also

I have changed the video to reflect 20 mil goal

Cool. Thanks Vadim. Love the video. :)

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Bump for the weekend crowd... please vote on whether you support a New Year's Eve money bomb to get to $20 million.

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Question...

Since apparently the FEC is going to be all but shut down, shortly, will the quarterly numbers even be reported?

literatim
12-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Yes, of course.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 10:28 AM
NO NO NO NO NO !!!!
HQ doesnt have the creativity we have and we NEED to use the money for grassroots projects which are more helpfull anyway

slowmotionjones
12-22-2007, 10:29 AM
No, people will mention it enough here on the forums to push it over $20mm without WASTING a money bomb on the effort.

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Many have said if before and its an important point simply change the name so nobody can compare it to the others!! Don't call it a money bomb.. Go ahead and have a good day of donations but do not call it a money bomb instead call it a mini-bomb! If the media hears of a money-bomb and relates it to this day we're in trouble. This can't pass up the last bomb in size it hasn't had the time or support. Just call it a mini-bomb or something to send the message its not intended to be as big. I think Mini-bomb would actually be a perfect name for this so the media can't twist it around. It's so simple don't call it a money-bomb call it a mini-bomb please!(This will defuse any possibilities of the media saying we are slowing down).

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 10:33 AM
No, people will mention it enough here on the forums to push it over $20mm without WASTING a money bomb on the effort.

Hmmm... not sure if the daily progress we're having now will get us up to $20 million, in the next 9 days... anyone know what our daily average is now (after Dec. 17th)?

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Many have said if before and its an important point Simply change the name!! Don't call it a money bomb.. Go ahead and have a good day of donations but do not call it a money bomb! If the media hears of a money-bomb and relates it to this day we're in trouble. This can't pass up the last bomb in size it hasn't had the time or support. Just call it a mini-bomb or something to send the message its not intended to be as big. I think Mini-bomb would actually be a perfect name for this so the media can't twist it around. So simple not a money-bomb a mini-bomb please!!!

I doubt the press will report anything anyway... I'm just asking folks to vote on the concept, not on a name for the effort. There will be no goal, other than to reach $20 million. We can call it whatever we want - and I don't even think we need a website or anything - just get the word out here in the forums, through email & friends, etc. Doesn't need to be as big of a production as Nov 5 or Dec. 16th, IMHO.

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 10:46 AM
If its a failure and we make a website and big deal about it the Msm will likely be all over it. They have taken every single opportunity to smear our campaign and make us look bad. Remember the Brothel Ranch story? How about the 500$ donation from a white supremacist? I can name more.. they seem to have no problem reporting unimportant events as long as they are negative to Ron Paul.
Notice the only time they mention Ron Paul postively is when we break a record or make history(in other words when we give them no choice). My point is if they will make a big story out of a Brothel ranch owner supporting Ron Paul just to smear them then they will definitely use this. They would love to have some actual proof (besides their inaccurate polls) that our fund raising is slipping. If we call this a money-bomb (as the last 2 were) and those 2 dates both dwarf this event (Which is going to happen due to lack of time between this and the last bomb) then they will try to say our fund raising is slowing at the least.

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Wayne,

I support it, if that's what everyone wants to do, but I'm very concerned that with all these money bombs, the blimp, etc., people aren't going to have enough money to support other crucial grassroots projects, such as raising sufficient money to get the grassroots TV ads played in the early primary states. We are running out of time to get this done and it's going to take a substantial amount of money to do it right.

There are also so many other things. For example, very soon we're going to run into delegates needing money to cover their expenses to travel to the convention. It's not going to be cheap and a lot of people aren't going to have the money to do it. We're going to have to somehow come up with the money.

And what about Operation Live Free or Die? Those guys are needing money too.

There are so many other projects that I have unintentionally left out, that also need our help. Ron has said himself, that the campaign is having a hard time figuring out how to spend all the money. We also all know that there are some things that they just are not handling. It looks like if some things are going to be done, we are going to have to do them ourselves and it's going to take money to do that.

Should we strap ourselves further and not have the necessary money to fund these grassroots efforts?

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 10:51 AM
If its a failure and we make a website and big deal about it the Msm will likely be all over it.

Too late, someone already made a website: www.donate2008.org and several sites are supporting it, and he's using RonPaulGraphs.com to track pledges.

But I see your points.

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 10:52 AM
no! we dont need to donate an extra 2 mill to the campaign. jeeez, why are we doing it? just for a nominal victory? we NEED i repeat NEED to save our money for OLFD, TV ads, the blimp, etc. dont waste your money on a mini-money-bomb

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Should we strap ourselves further and not have the necessary money to fund these grassroots efforts?

I agree - I think the other grassroots projects are probably more important than reaching $20 million by Dec. 31st.... and if folks have to make a choice on one or the other, I'd tell them to support some of the smaller grassroots projects that are starving for cash right now.

But it looks like a lot of people 75% of respondents to this poll think otherwise... who knows. :confused:

trey4sports
12-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I agree - I think the other grassroots projects are probably more important than reaching $20 million by Dec. 31st.... and if folks have to make a choice on one or the other, I'd tell them to support some of the smaller grassroots projects that are starving for cash right now.

But it looks like a lot of people 75% of respondents to this poll think otherwise... who knows. :confused:

exactly! this will be a big mistake if we go through with the min-bomb

Ronnec
12-22-2007, 10:56 AM
PUT A STOP TO THIS! PLEASE!

This is a horrible idea and could SERIOUSLY HARM the campaign!

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM

What are you talking about? This is not the MLK thing at all.

Wayne Hammond
12-22-2007, 11:25 AM

Hmm... not sure I would go that far... stay with me... and think about this...

1. We have to remember that nearly one-half of the TeaParty donors were brand new donors, correct? I bet most of those 24,915 first-time new donors are not tapped out financially or anywhere near their maximum donation amount.

2. Yes, we can encourage support of the other grassroots projects - and if someone is tapped out and can only do one thing - it might be better for them to support one of the smaller grassroots projects.

3. But for the brand new donors, if only one-half of them donate again before the end of the year at the same average donation amount of $102, that would be pretty close to what we need to go over $20 million.

4. In addition, I'd betcha that we're going to see an official email request from the campaign to donate more to get us over the $20 million by Dec. 31st... just wait, I bet that's coming down the pike - probably will be emailed out sometime shortly after Christmas.

amy31416
12-22-2007, 11:33 AM

Agreed on that.