PDA

View Full Version : What would Ron do in his first 100 days?

Starks
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Just curious.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 11:00 AM
VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO

Kiss a baby or two.

VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO

Withdraw forces from all over the world, Japan, Iraq, Korea, Germany. Tone down the rhetoric on Iran, and withdraw the carriers breathing down their neck. End CIA special operations likely to be taking place in Iran.

Pardon non-violent drug offenders.

Try to encourage Congress to legalize gold and silver as legal tender, and to dissolve the IRS.

VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO

Dissolve as many trade barriers as he could as President, and try to end embargos on Cuba and other places.

VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO

Try and figure out what all the CIA has its fingers in and get it out of subverting democratically-elected foreign governments and return it to its intelligence function.

Then on the 101st day, he'd feed his chocolate chip cookie addiction and take his first nap.

Starks
07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Hmm... I wonder if he'll veto some bills...

AZ Libertarian
07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Give a LOT of well-deserving people their WALKING PAPERS.....

CLEAN HOUSE - AND SENATE TOO!

Then - get busy on Jon Stewarts list...

Shmuel Spade
07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Give a LOT of well-deserving people their WALKING PAPERS.....

CLEAN HOUSE - AND SENATE TOO!

Then - get busy on Jon Stewarts list...

Colbert

kylejack
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Hmm... I wonder if he'll veto some bills...

Bush never vetoed a bill through his entire first term. Ron Paul will bring back the veto in full force, heh.

ronpaulitician
07-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Better yet, what would he do on his first day in office (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=13247)?

CJLauderdale4
07-08-2007, 11:37 AM
The real question is "What will Ron NOT do?"

- NOT appoint secretaries to his Cabinet for Education, Homeland Security, Human Health and Services, Urban Development, etc.
- Remove the current head of the IRS, and NOT appoint a new IRS chief
- Remove ambassador(s) to the UN, and NOT appoint a new one
- NOT pay UN dues
- NOT keep the troops in Iraq
- NOT use the provisions in the Patriot Act to perform warrantless searches and wiretaps
- NOT forsake Habeas Corpus when/if prosecuting US Citizens
- NOT ignore the People/Congress and build a wall on the US southern border
- NOT continue useless alliances like NATO
- NOT waste time in pointless wars and actually catch Osama Bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri
- NOT propose Federal budgets that waste the taxpayers money!!

(feel free to add more)

angelatc
07-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd like to see him call a conference of the Governors.

johnrocks
07-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Reagan's first act(if my memory serves) was to sign an executive order freezing government hiring. Sounds like a repeat may be in order there as well as run a few hundred veto pens dry!!

synapz
07-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Pass the Read The Bills Act?

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Throw out the big government managed trade agreements, NAFTA, CAFTA, OMAN, the associated WTO and allow true free trade with other nations.

Secure our ports and borders and do everything in his power to encourage Congress to stop the free handouts to illegal aliens. Enforce our immigration laws!

Get our troops out of Iraq and bring them home. Possibly use Letters of Marquee and Reprisal to actually go after bin Laden and those who attacked us. Amazing, I know.

Throw out a number of the unconstitutional Executive Orders and Presidential Directives.

Stop the illegal surveillance of American citizens.

shrugged0106
07-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Lagalize competition for the Fed, 1st class mail, and public education

then

VETO

RPR-omaha
07-08-2007, 12:55 PM
All Ron Paul can really do is cut spending, get our troops out of all the countries they are in, and veto like hell. Everything else will require him to work with Congress and they will stonewall. I do not think he would use his pardons.

TurtleBurger
07-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Day 1: RP vetoes about 1,592,317 bills
Day 2: Congress gets po'ed and starts impeachment proceedings
Day 3: RP and his VP get removed 99-1
Day 4: The 8-year administration of Nancy Pelosi begins

It'll be 4 exciting days though!

kylejack
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM

LMAO

BillyBeer
07-08-2007, 03:18 PM

:D Funniest post Ive seen at this board

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Time management.

ChrisM
07-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I was watching Good Morning America and admiring at all that FDR got done in his first 100 days. He actually began the precedent of measuring a president's first 100 days in progress.

I don't agree with everything FDR did, of course, but the amount he accomplished is definitely something to admire.

Shmuel Spade
07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I was watching Good Morning America and admiring at all that FDR got done in his first 100 days. He actually began the precedent of measuring a president's first 100 days in progress.

I don't agree with everything FDR did, of course, but the amount he accomplished is definitely something to admire.

Mussolini sure made them trains run on time, I'll tell you what.

dude58677
07-08-2007, 07:22 PM
He'll veto every department appropiations bill that is unconstitutional. Issue executive orders to lay off federal employees. Pardon everyone for drugs, tax evasion, and drug crimes.

He'll then just use the White House as a retirement home where he'll go golfing, travel the world, have big campout parties at Camp David, continue intellectual studies, deliver infants, go to sporting events, rock concerts, etc. He'll do this the rest of his 8 years.

When he dies there will be a Ron Paul Memorial and he'll be honored in the Rotunda by hundreds of thousands of mourners.

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 07:23 PM
To me, becoming the President is a more then acceptable promotion of a 20-year congressman. I think he knows what to do .....

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Yeah, he accomplished a lot. All crap. Our country would have been much better off if he would have done nothing at all.