PDA

View Full Version : interesting question regarding Bald Eagle and EPA

shrugged0106
12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I was asked a unique question and I am not educated enough to answer with clarity at a message board that I frequent..

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

The jist...

Would the bald eagle be extinct today if Dr. Pauls view of constitutional government were in place?

any thoughts?

Matt_R
12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I would assume that states with a large bald eagle population would have taken action, if they didn't expect the federal government to do everything.

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure about your question, but I would say using a poison for pest control that has ANY negative effect on other people's property would subject the poisoner to liability. Plus the state could pass laws.

But on a side note. If you have ever been to Alaska you will see like 15 eagles at a time eating out of dumpsters. It is kind of funny to see this national symbol dumpster diving.

smhbbag
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Or private individuals would establish their own wildlife preservation areas, or bald eagle sanctuaries - such things still happen regularly. It would only happen moreso if folks kept more of their own money.

shrugged0106
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I realize that RP probably has a good point of view on this, but I havnt found it. I'd like to answer because that board is filled with much anti-paul stuff lately. I dont want to say the wrong thing and have it make things worse there.

Is there a writing or a speech that is on record that at least covers the topic of endangered species that I could cite?

RonPaulJunkie
12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I cannot speak for Ron Paul but I think his answer would come back to Private organizations. So if people care they would form their own group to help protect it.

I also agree with the comment made by Ridiculous.

noxagol
12-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Best way to protect endangered species is to make them a commodity. I don't think anyone believes we are facing a shortage of cows, lizards, cats, dogs, parrots, or any other animal we are "allowed" to own. Let someone claim the animal as their own and no one else can do anything to it. As it stands right now, the birds belong to no one so no one is really fighting for them.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I was asked a unique question and I am not educated enough to answer with clarity at a message board that I frequent..

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

The jist...

Would the bald eagle be extinct today if Dr. Pauls view of constitutional government were in place?

any thoughts?

two words. property rights. Can you poach on someone else's land? No animal will go extinct, I can promise you that. Some may be killed, yes, but there won't be any extinctions. :)

shrugged0106
12-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Best way to protect endangered species is to make them a commodity. I don't think anyone believes we are facing a shortage of cows, lizards, cats, dogs, parrots, or any other animal we are "allowed" to own. Let someone claim the animal as their own and no one else can do anything to it. As it stands right now, the birds belong to no one so no one is really fighting for them.

devils advocate question: How would anyone own an eagle?