PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post/ABC Ron Paul statistically tied with Rudy, Fred, McCain in Iowa

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I wonder if it will even get reported.

This means that Paul will at the VERY LEAST come in 3rd in Iowa which will fry the other guys who finish under him. It is all about turn out and you know that every Paul supporter will show up at the polls.

NET LEANED VOTE:
12/17/07

Huckabee 35 (+11 vs. last poll Nov 14-18)
Romney 27 (-1)
Thompson 9 (-6)
Paul 8 (+2)
Giuliani 8 (-5)
McCain 6 (nc)
Undecided 4 (nc)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/post_poll_121907.html

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Already on RCP

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2007/12/ia_poll_huck_on_top.html

Mark Rushmore
12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Ah.. Tancredo! Give us those 2!

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 11:40 AM
It is the best news I have heard in a while. This is really huge.

Those other guys aren't making a comeback in the next two weeks, but as Paul spends some of the money he is going to get a bump.

hard@work
12-20-2007, 11:42 AM
And unlike the competition we're on our way UP not DOWN !!

hawkeyenick
12-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Logarithmic curve

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
McCain is TOAST! There is no way he does well in NH if he comes in 6th in Iowa.....

nathanmn
12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
"Ron Paul supporters spam their way into third place in Iowa Caucus..."

Keep the faith my friends. 3d place in Iowa and 1st place in New Hampshire. :cool:

TruckinMike
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
exponential curve!!!:D YAHOO!

TM

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
don't forget this is a MSM poll and DOES NOT take into account the majority of RP's supporters (Young folks and others who have not voted before, independents and democrats changing affiliation, also republicans without landlines)

rollingpig
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
check out Huckabee's "divine intervention" curve :D

kojirodensetsu
12-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm still confused on what people actually like about Hucklebee besides the fact that he's a pastor. :confused:

fireworks_god
12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
My mom's fairly old and she wasn't registered to vote. She is now. She's in Iowa, and my grandpa will be coming up here for Christmas, I'm sure he's registered as Republican... guess who's going to get a dose of Ron Paul. :D

GJ-CO4RonPaul
12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm still confused on what people actually like about Hucklebee besides the fact that he's a pastor. :confused:

Apparently they must love a huge, read even bigger than Bush, Military Industrial Complex!!!

Well that's Huckabee's stance at least, just not sure if the American people know that.

peznex
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
"Ron Paul supporters spam their way into third place in Iowa Caucus..."

Keep the faith my friends. 3d place in Iowa and 1st place in New Hampshire. :cool:
Those crazy couple of spammers!

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 12:22 PM

We are biased against him. But he has a good speaking voice and speaking skills. He speaks sort of the same way that Bill Clinton does; a very reassuring tone and he breaks things down into simple terms.

Notice let when he speaks he uses lots of anecdotes and brakes his points down like a, b, c.

hawkeyenick
12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
We are biased against him. But he has a good speaking voice and speaking skills. He speaks sort of the same way that Bill Clinton does; a very reassuring tone and he breaks things down into simple terms.

Notice let when he speaks he uses lots of anecdotes and brakes his points down like a, b, c.

He still avoids answering questions and lies through his teeth.

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Expect the attacks to come flying now because of the 4 way statistical tie in Iowa. None of those people want to be beat by Paul, it would be devastating to their campaigns due to Paul's supposed "fringe, dark horse status".

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
He still avoids answering questions and lies through his teeth.

My point isn't what he says, but how he says it....

hawkeyenick
12-20-2007, 12:27 PM

I know this, he's a smooth criminal.

He talks like Kent Hovind, able to sway people away from facts with emotions...he's a snake in the grass.

Liberty
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Founder's ad pop, maybe. That ad sends a powerful message and ran December 16 in the Des Moines Register. That ad should run in other Iowa newspapers as well. The local papers that list items for sale, entertainment, and dining choices, ought to be considered as well. They all have different names, so can't specify. In Phoenix, it's New Times.

slantedview
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Yep.

I'm surprised all of the criticism of teh huck has seemed to help him, not hurt him. It's like, the more he is exposed as a terrible candidate, the more the Iowans like him. What's up with that.

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Yep.

I'm surprised all of the criticism of teh huck has seemed to help him, not hurt him. It's like, the more he is exposed as a terrible candidate, the more the Iowans like him. What's up with that.

I think some of them think an attack on Huck is an attack on Christianity or something stupid like that...

JMann
12-20-2007, 01:08 PM
3rd in Iowa, top two in NH are must for a chance to win.

BIG_J
12-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I can't believe Huckabee has 35% that is crazy to me...

Coola
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM

And BINGO was his name-o.

Zydeco
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
What do you think will translate into more votes on Jan. 3: a Ron Paul 8% or a Fred Thompson 9%?

Hell, a Ron Paul 8% or a Mitt Romney 27%?

Joey Wahoo
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
This is encouraging, but some polls are showing a McCain surge in Iowa. We have to be concerned about him too.

Naraku
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Huckabee's a right wing conservative on social issues and that wins votes in Iowa among usual primary voters. Unfortunately for them they're not taking into account Paul's broad base. I think this puts Paul in third at around 17% because he's got the margin of error, which could be voter not accounted for in these polls, and then his higher than average turnout.

This likely puts Romney at 23% and Huckabee at 30% of the vote. If this current trend continues I expect Paul will end up with 20% in the primary or more, putting him in second and close to Huckabee.

Tancredo dropping out is going to help even more, especially if Tancredo endorses Paul. That would be a big winner for Paul because the media reports that kind of stuff and Tancredo is hard on immigration, which is going to draw attention to Paul. Please endorse him Tom! Get us to double digits pleeeeeaaaaaase!

syborius
12-20-2007, 03:09 PM

They like the hours and hours. and hours of free media attention he is getting. How much media attention you get is directly proportional to these polls. Plain and simple, no magic behind it. This is how the traitors operate. They dropped giuliannie and mcshame like a hot potato for the new CFR ass kisser huckabee, they decided he was the only one that can win the election and "support" the war, and beat ron paul and still look respectable doing it.

bbachtung
12-20-2007, 03:37 PM
McCain is having a Drudge-style bad day today:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2466/mccainbaddayku8.png

HankScorpio
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
And who will beenfit from McCain's demise? We all know he is getting a lot of the independent vote in NH. We could see those voters move to Paul which could easily push Paul to 2nd in NH.

Top 3 in IA and NH would be glorious!

rasheedwallace
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
HOW are people so stupid that huckabee is this high, it is just amazing to me. and saddening.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I still can't believe Tancredo took that ridiculous swipe at Dr. Paul, on his way out, about that article posted on Lew Rockwell's blog. And it's still front and center on Tancredo's website for his supporters to see. A really low blow from Tom. He knows better than that. Paul had nothing to do with that article and he has made it abundantly clear that he is totally against amnesty and illegal immigration.

Trance Dance Master
12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
HOW are people so stupid that huckabee is this high, it is just amazing to me. and saddening.
That's because this is how the polls are rigged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYiUAaBd1U

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
McCain is having a Drudge-style bad day today:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2466/mccainbaddayku8.png

HAHA! Sucks to be McCain. 10-12 Million people have now seen this headline...