PDA

View Full Version : WOW - Holocaust survivor tells us why Ron Paul must win!

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Holocaust Survivor Leaving US
Monday, May 02 2005 @ 03:02 PM PDT
Contributed by: Joey Picador

One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach. When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.

I have related this event to you in the hopes it will serve as a cautionary anecdote about the state of our Union, and to illustrate the path we Americans are being led down by a group of fanatics bent on global economic and military dominion. When a man who survived the fruits of fascism decides its time to leave THIS country because he's seeing the same patterns that led to the Holocaust and other Nazi horrors beginning to form here, it is time for us to recognize the underlying evil inherent in the actions of those who claim they work for all Americans, and for all mankind. And it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them.

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
wow.

although I don't see any mention of ron paul.

am I just missing it?

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Sorry, this was in 2005, and the point is more valid than ever.

Mr. White
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
85 year old using the term necon eh?

Talldude1412
12-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Man..... powerful stuff. And very depressing.

FrankRep
12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
link?

MikeStanart
12-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Man..... powerful stuff. And very depressing.

It's not depressing at all.

We're at the crossroads where people start to realize what's going on in this country.

All we have to do is fight for what's right; and take the right path.

Highstreet
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry, this was in 2005, and the point is more valid than ever.

link, so we can spread the word.

ARealConservative
12-20-2007, 11:44 AM
this has urban legend written all over it.

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I found it through a digg search

http://justicefornone.com/article.php?story=20050527204356114&query=holocaustHolocaust

Even if it's a urban legend, it's something that could very well happen.

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

-- Hermann Goering [Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe, President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and, as Hitler's designated successor, the second man in the Third Reich.]

JaylieWoW
12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I think you need to take this story with a grain of salt for truthfulness.

I Googled the author and turned up many refutations for many logical reasons.

It is, however, as far as I'm concerned a nice "story" to get a point across. It would be far better if the author had actually provided some kind of proof of this event actually happening.

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Chilling. All very chilling. This story may be urban myth, but it is also truth. Most of our leaders want complete tyranny and permanent war. They are only lacking the snappy uniforms of the Nazis. (In case the reader might have any doubts, I am talking about the Democrats TOO!)

unconsious767
12-20-2007, 12:30 PM
youtube!

;)