PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the email address for George S of This Week?

MsDoodahs
07-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I want to send him a SINCERE thank you for that interview, and personally, I intend to praise him for having the courage to give RP's views some air time.

Better than most of his competition, which garners him some respect from me (a rare thing for a journalist to accomplish).

I also want to ask GS how much he had in his pocket at the time of the interview, because I fully intend to do EVERYTHING IN MY POWER to see to it that he LOSES THAT BET. ;)

theblatanttruth
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I want to send him a SINCERE thank you for that interview, and personally, I intend to praise him for having the courage to give RP's views some air time.

Better than most of his competition, which garners him some respect from me (a rare thing for a journalist to accomplish).

I also want to ask GS how much he had in his pocket at the time of the interview, because I fully intend to do EVERYTHING IN MY POWER to see to it that he LOSES THAT BET. ;)

I'd be more interested in the debit/check card he'd likely have in his wallet that is the window into his (likely swolen) bank account when he looses ;)

kylejack
Please please please, no hate mail regarding the "you're not going to win" thing. This was a spectacular interview to show to 2.66 million people (which is more viewers than any of the debates have had).

smtwngrl
While you're emailing him, you could mention that Ron Paul won the N.H. Straw Poll :D
(in case he doesn't know that..since it's not in the news).

kylejack
07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
While you're emailing him, you could mention that Ron Paul won the N.H. Straw Poll :D
(in case he doesn't know that..since it's not in the news).

And the South Carolina one.

LizF
07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
According to this website (http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3068843), I think the contact info for the show is: thisweek@abcnews.go.com

I agree w/MsDoodahs & kylejack that we should keep our emails to GS positive; the interview was largely positive and a good introduction to people who otherwise may not have known much about RP--especially if they only rely on the MSM.

Although I didn't care for Stephanopoulos' answer to RP about the bet, it wasn't so bad, as RP didn't get flustered and gave a graceful comeback. As mentioned in another thread, GS mentioned that he didn't think Gravel had much of a shot either.

In some ways, a little "adversity" in an interview can be a good thing, especially if handled well; sometimes the viewers will appreciate and respect the interviewee more.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
In some ways, a little "adversity" in an interview can be a good thing, especially if handled well; sometimes the viewers will appreciate and respect the interviewee more.

Bingo. Tucker Carlson is a hardcore Ron Paul supporter, and even voted for him in 1988, but watch his interviews. He challenges Ron Paul the entire time, pretending to be skeptical. This is a technique that actually enhances the interview, and makes it look like Tucker is being convinced by Ron Paul's answers when in actuality he is a True Believer already.

walt
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
quit starting new threads on this - there are existing discussions.

ronpaulitician
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Please please please, no hate mail regarding the "you're not going to win" thing. This was a spectacular interview to show to 2.66 million people (which is more viewers than any of the debates have had).
Agree, especially because it is a good example of the kind of thinking that we need to overcome, but the "I'll bet my life savings that you won't win" is too good to pass up. If we can keep it light-hearted, it would seem to represent a great opportunity for some fun publicity.

Joining Ron Paul meetup groups: $0.
Talking to people on the street about Ron Paul: $0.
Spending George Stephanopoulos's life savings after Ron Paul wins the presidency: priceless.

LizF
07-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Agree, especially because it is a good example of the kind of thinking that we need to overcome, but the "I'll bet my life savings that you won't win" is too good to pass up. If we can keep it light-hearted, it would seem to represent a great opportunity for some fun publicity.

Joining Ron Paul meetup groups: $0.
Talking to people on the street about Ron Paul: $0.
Spending George Stephanopoulos's life savings after Ron Paul wins the presidency: priceless.

Fabulous! :p :D

(I can imagine there are people out there who would want RP to win just to see that happen too!)

theblatanttruth
07-08-2007, 11:20 AM
quit starting new threads on this - there are existing discussions.

Hey.... chill.

cajuncocoa
07-08-2007, 11:21 AM
My suggestion would be to keep it positive; just thank him, and let him know that millions of Ron Paul supporters are hopeful that he can and will win!:D

walt
07-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey.... chill.

Now I can see how the Digg people find it annoying.

I support Ron Paul and I find much of the ADD / multiple thread / wrong category posts here to be highly destructive to Ron's message. If they annoy me as a supporter, imagine a first time visitor looking for information.

Think before you start a new thread or post duplicate stories to social media sites.

CJLauderdale4
07-08-2007, 11:30 AM
If GS spends like the Federal Government establishment does, then HE HAS NO LIFE SAVINGS!

Thus, the bet is a joke!!

In our "positive" emails to GS, we should also thank him for informing 2.6 million viewers that he has very little life savings left at all.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I just want to thank you for an excellent interview of my favorite candidate. You did a great job of enclosing a great deal of meaty content into the interview and in the video montages that were interspersed. Such an informative approach to the topic is probably why you guys have 2.66 million weekly viewers, from what I've read.

Regarding Ron Paul's viability, I agree that it seems unlikely that he'll get the nod. He has an interesting opportunity, though. All the pro-war Republican voters are split between the other candidates while Ron Paul is the only anti-war Republican candidate. If Ron Paul can collect most of the votes of Republicans dissatisfied with the war, Republican mothers and fathers who have children fighting in Iraq, he may be able to pull off the nomination. As an anti-war candidate, Ron Paul is probably the only Republican that can win the General Election for the Republicans, due to widespread malcontent about the war.

While I will agree that his poll numbers are unremarkable so far, a lot of that has to do with name recognition. This is perhaps Ron Paul's first significant coverage in the broadcast media stations, and again, I thank you for it. Ron Paul won a straw poll in New Hampshire, and came in second in another in South Carolina. I think the turning point for the campaign will be when he wins or does well in the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa, an event that several other candidates have shunned.

Again, thanks for this fair coverage.

Cordially,
[Kyle]