PDA

View Full Version : Vultures

Bradley in DC
12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
This is politics. It isn't pretty. Being what it is, what can we see next.

The corpse of Tancredo's campaign won't be cold long before it's totally picked over, and the vultures start looking where to circle next.

My guess would be that the best case could be made for Thompson.

Discuss.

benhaskins
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
it would be hard to drop out 2 weeks before the first primary. once iowa and nh shake out u should see some more.

steph3n
12-20-2007, 11:22 AM
they will start circling McCain I think but only after NH

Original_Intent
12-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Hunter SHOULD go before Thompson, but you are right Thompson is likely the next to go. We can only pray that Keyes is gone soon. (and I am a past Keyes supporter circa 2000)

seapilot
12-20-2007, 02:20 PM
McCain is next as Fred probably has more money in the bank to spend. I didnt think keyes was actually running.

Someone mentioned Rudys illness might cause him to drop out, wouldnt surprise as this is strangely similar to what occured in the NY Senate Race when he ran against hillary clinton.

Korey Kaczynski
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
rudys got aids

Minuteman
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I think McCain will get matching funds before he drops out. I thought it might be Hunter but I heard him the other day since congress is out he was heading up to start campaigning. Maybe Fred, he is starting to do some canvassing himself.

Im not really sure if we will see anyone drop out until after NH or SC.

SovereignMN
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
My prediction:

1) Thompson will drop out after Iowa and endorse McCain. The goal will be to try and give McCain a push in NH and SC.

2) McCain will still lose NH and SC and drop out soon after.

3) Rudy will lose Florida and be effectively out of the running by Super Tuesday. I think he'll drop out but he may still be technically running but he'll have no cash, no support and no momentum.

By Super Tuesday it will be a 3 man race...Huckabee, Romney and Paul.

Matt_R
12-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Thompson dropping out could actually be beneficial to the campaign. Many of his supporters see the economy as the number one priority, and are old school conservatives. Whether or not they can see past all of the other candidates garbage, and notice Ron Paul is the only one with real solutions is up to debate.

Bradley in DC
12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
My prediction: By Super Tuesday it will be a 3 man race...Huckabee, Romney and Paul.

I'm pretty much with you (some variations on reasoning). I also give Giuliani support from the establishment which means something. DC's 19 delegates are his to lose.

These are the only four candidates with plausible scenarios to win the nomination:
Huckabee has an Evangelical base, Romney has his checkbook, Paul has us, Giuliani has names.

freedom-maniac
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
It's better to ever "dead-men standing" candidates then to have them drop out. That way, even though they won't have any momentum, they will still help divide up the vote in Paul's favor. I was personally disappointed when Tancredo dropped out, though most of his supporters are freaked out about NAU, and might support Paul over Romney.

Bradley in DC
12-20-2007, 06:41 PM
It's better to ever "dead-men standing" candidates then to have them drop out.

Time to thin the herd.