PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cramer says that Romney is the best candidate to handle the economy

IHaveaDream
12-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Remember Jim Cramer having Ron Paul on his show, "Mad Money", and how he appeared to be almost giving RP an official endorsement? Well, Cramer was on Laura Ingraham's radio show this morning and he was asked what he thought about the current Republican field of candidates. He responded with praise for Mitt's business experience and said that he felt Romney would do the best job of managing the country. Never uttered a peep about Ron Paul.

RevolutionSD
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Unreal.
Cramer is an establishment shill as we thought.
Mitt Romney would be best for the economy even though he would do NOTHING about the Federal Reserve Scam?

Nice one Kramer!

tsetsefly
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
haha how pathetic...

what iis romney's stance btw, is in it ironic that I have heard every debate yet know very little of his positions or any other candidates position, just shows how they never address the issue in debates...

daikonv
12-20-2007, 11:10 AM
i think the main issue with many people is that they like to only think about the top polling candidates. i'm making an assumption, but i think he may well agree with ron paul on economics but doesn't consider him a viable candidate. once we do well in iowa and nh, we'll open a lot more people's eyes, i'm sure.

1913_to_2008
12-20-2007, 11:10 AM
They are all controlled. They either go along with this shit or get bullied.

MsDoodahs
12-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Romney and Cramer benefit from the current system. Cantillon effect, I think it is called. The way that the top richest people benefit from the monetary system/FedRes. Cramer and Romney do not want that to change because they would lose this edge that they have over the rest of us not rich people.

Cramer's politeness to RP was an effort to increase his (CRAMER'S) popularity, nothing more.

saahmed
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
somebody should call into his show today and call him out on it.

GoRon2008
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a feeling this Clear Channel purchase is already paying off for Mitt.

Sad

Chester Copperpot
12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes call him out on it

Kregener
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
If Cramer's grasp of the economic realities we face are any indication, then he is as dumb as a bag of rocks, and this statement only confirms it.

bgoldwater
12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
What's the shock. Cramer has been saying this for a while.

Mises
12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Jim Cramer has long been an advocate of easy credit. Remember when he screamed bloody murder for the Fed to lower interest rates? Ron Paul advocates market-determined interest rates and wants the Fed to stop lowering interest rates and printing money. This is no good to Cramer. The reason he warmed up to Ron Paul is because he (Paul) is a critic of the Fed, as is Cramer.

The difference is that Cramer wants to print more money, and Ron Paul doesn't want them to print any. However, Cramer's audience doesn't know this, and so he used Ron Paul's popularity to boost his own criticisms of the Fed.

Ron2Win
12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
We are living the battles of the battles.

steph3n
12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Remember Jim Cramer having Ron Paul on his show, "Mad Money", and how he appeared to be almost giving RP an official endorsement? Well, Cramer was on Laura Ingraham's radio show this morning and he was asked what he thought about the current Republican field of candidates. He responded with praise for Mitt's business experience and said that he felt Romney would do the best job of managing the country. Never uttered a peep about Ron Paul.

you are totally mistaken he did NOT endorse Ron Paul. do you not have any clue what an endorsement is?

you can AGREE with people without endorsing them.

reduen
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
There is proof that Romney is not the man right there! Jim Cramer says whatever makes Jim Cramer more money period... :rolleyes:

mcgraw_wv
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Anyone related to investment will pick Romney, most probnlably made lots of money off his corporations, and since Wall Street is all about the mighty Dollar and stock prices, It's all about whats best for the shareholder...

That was a natural call... I could see that coming from far away.

kaberUSA
12-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Anyone related to investment will pick Romney, most probnlably made lots of money off his corporations, and since Wall Street is all about the mighty Dollar and stock prices, It's all about whats best for the shareholder...

He makes his money buy buying ithe firms with cheap credit, gutting the companies guts out and outsourcing everything then selling it back on the market. And usually there's lots of clauses in the contracts that help out friends in power who help broker the deals.

That's not my idea of a good business plan, it's more a gut and flip.

Swmorgan77
12-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Yeah and he also wants the Fed to keep inflating our currency by cutting the interest rate.

It was clear even in that interview that while he opposed the Feds actions he does so for very different reasons than Ron Paul, and this confirms it.

Ron Paul is a phenomenon and TV people are realizing they can use him and his movement to pad ratings. This is good, because it gets exposure, but we have to expect that there are going to be a lot of less than sincere "supporters" among TV personalities (*cough Tucker *cough) because of this.

jmunjr
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Here we go again, someone praises Ron Paul who then supports someone else and now he's labeled a "shill" and other negative adjectives. Come on people, please have some sanity and respect!

Just because a guy supports a different candidate doesn't make them evil or a traitor (unless it is Hillary or Giuliani). Respect their opinions.

Kramer did NOT endorse RP, he just supports his views on the Federal reserve. Also keep in mind support RP publicly might cost him his job...

I love the passion the RP supporters have, but I don't like the irrationality.

Mithridates
12-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Here we go again, someone praises Ron Paul who then supports someone else and now he's labeled a "shill" and other negative adjectives. Come on people, please have some sanity and respect!

Just because a guy supports a different candidate doesn't make them evil or a traitor (unless it is Hillary or Giuliani). Respect their opinions.

Kramer did NOT endorse RP, he just supports his views on the Federal reserve. Also keep in mind support RP publicly might cost him his job...

I love the passion the RP supporters have, but I don't like the irrationality.

Agreed. It's also good to remember that with Huckabee on top with Giuliani now, support for Romney is a good way to keep them all at about the same level, where the neocon vote is divided and no clear winner is present.

IHaveaDream
12-20-2007, 12:06 PM
and how he appeared to be almost giving RP an official endorsement?

What part of "almost" do you not understand? I never said Cramer endorsed RP.

(sigh)

j6p
12-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Yawn, he said he agreeded with paul - Yeah right
Always screaming for lower intrest rates, he is an establishment hack

Thomas Paine
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know why people put much stock in Jim Cramer (no pun intended). Even within financial circles it is well known that Jim Cramer's picks are underperformers. I wouldn't let Cramer manage my portfolio if he was the last investment manager alive.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/boo-yah-lazy-portfolios-leave-mad/story.aspx?guid=%7BB47FB1B5-27F6-4116-AB8E-70364A92B0D1%7D

Rex
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
fuck Cramer

piotr1
12-20-2007, 12:33 PM
If he wants to keep his job he has to get back on the neo-con bandwagon, what do you expect?

slantedview
12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
This actually makes sense to me. I was truly surprised when Cramer seemed to buddy buddy with Ron on his firm stance against the Fed.

Cramer and his banking buddies have LONG been on the receiving end of benefits (rate cuts) from the Fed, so it makes sense to me that he would support any other candidate over Ron Paul, who wants to get rid of the Fed.

I mean, just a few months ago Cramer was begging for a Fed rate cut, and he got it! Why would he want the Fed gone when they basically do what he tells them?

nbhadja
12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Just goes to show how most of this country's media members (and politicians) are cowards. Cramer damn well knows Romney won't do anything about the Fed and will continue to destroy the USD. He is a coward for lying to the public and being too afraid to lose his job to tell the truth. People like him are greatly contributing to the country's downfall. The media plays a important role, as it tells the public when the government screws up. But not in this country, this is no different from communist state controlled media.

Fuck Cramer, Fuck Beck, Fuck Buchanan and the rest of the cowards.

MsDoodahs
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM

If by 'related to investment' you mean average investors, you are mistaken.

I am an average investor and I am a Ron Paul supporter.

wgadget
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
These Media People Are Entertainers.

davver
12-20-2007, 12:53 PM
You know the funny part about Ron being on his show is that Cramer thinks the fed should lower interest rates and Ron thinks they should raise them.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I think Kramer will only be your friend to your face, then he'll turn around and stab you in the back. That's what kinda guy he is, apparently.

TheNewYorker
12-20-2007, 12:57 PM
It's obvious Jim Cramer got "talked to" by the higher-ups. Cramer was practically raving about how right Ron Paul was with the economy last week on his show. Now a week later, he goes on a radio show and says Mitt Romney is the best? Why the change? It's because he got "talked to".

What about Glenn Beck? On his show, he said he agreed with Ron Paul on almost everything except the war. He said he agreed with Ron Paul on 90% of the issues. He was really fair and nice to Ron Paul. Then a few days later, he says on his radio show there's no chance in hell he would vote for Ron Paul and will vote Romney.

It seems whenever a pundit/anchor says something positive about Paul and gives a good interview - they come back a week later and say bad things about Paul and totally change their stance.

It's obvious, the higher ups, the elites, give them a talking-to.

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 01:00 PM
It seems the talking heads are all backing Romney now. Giuliani has imploded (no 9/11 pun intended) and has written off the early primaries. He has no chance. Huckabee is on his way out after the early primaries.....the establishment has decided Romney is their best hope for beating our man. You'll see alot more people getting behind romney now i reckon

rgampell
12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Folks,

Some people need a reality check here: Cramer is a loyal, big-hearted, almost entirely HONEST guy who just happens to have the soul of a trader (emotional, volatile, etc.). He also has friends who are getting killed in the credit crunch, and it bothers him, just as it would bother anyone whose friends are suffering. And he is a DEMOCRAT, so you need to take his opinions on Republicans with a grain of salt.

On the Fed, despite his endless calls for cuts, he has said several times that they caused the problem in the first place (with too-low-for-too-long rates), which is RP's position as well.

ThinkAwake
12-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Just goes to show how most of this country's media members (and politicians) are cowards. Cramer damn well knows Romney won't do anything about the Fed and will continue to destroy the USD. He is a coward for lying to the public and being too afraid to lose his job to tell the truth. People like him are greatly contributing to the country's downfall. The media plays a important role, as it tells the public when the government screws up. But not in this country, this is no different from communist state controlled media.

Fuck Cramer, Fuck Beck, Fuck Buchanan and the rest of the cowards.

QFT

These people cannot be let go, the problems are so CLEAR. That is why we are all here! Ron Paul presents a light in the ever consuming darkness, the darkness that people like Cramer are obviously casting over us.. We can't let this happen! CALL THE MAN!

I also wanted to take the chance to remind anyone that may be reading this that has yet to give a contribution to the campaign in any way shape or form but strongly endorses Ron Paul's views... If you're reading this.. The time has come to stop spectating, for your thoughts resound only in your mind! Stop spectating and make a difference! Talk to your grocery store cashier, your fellow american trying to find his car in the parking lot, YOUR FAMILY!!

ThePieSwindler
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Wait, "handle" the economy? Like, plan centrally? I dont want anyone "Handling" the economy, i want the government OUT. Thats why i like ron paul, he wont be handling anything related to the economy other than the problems that distort it already.

0zzy
12-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I hate the forum's use of "shill!" "control media person" all that jazz.

Maybe he is just, individually, supporting Romney. Has this ever crossed your mind?

peacemonger
12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Romney is buying a lot of influence. He will fight hard to win but it will not work. There will be pain, suffering, and gnashing of teeth when he discovers he has blown his fortune on an ego trip. The one thing really rich people hate most is losing money. Money is their only real God. People like Cramer are so cheap to buy that they wont even ask for 30 pieces of silver. Paper will be enough to buy their loyalty.

jd603
12-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Romney owns ClearChannel now, how many stations does glenn beck's show run on clearchannel? What about Ingram?

Unreal.
Cramer is an establishment shill as we thought.
Mitt Romney would be best for the economy even though he would do NOTHING about the Federal Reserve Scam?

Nice one Kramer!