PDA

View Full Version : Do I really want to tell someoen to 'Google Ron Paul' anymore?

i2ambler
12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Im afraid to tell someone to Google Ron Paul when the top headlines are:

Ron paul accepts money from racists
NeoNazi complians about Pauls denial of ties to white supremecy
Op-ed: Paul's smear of Huckabee a low blow
Ron Paul supporters: Do NOT read this. Please!

I know that no press is bad press, but good god, its a little overwhelming. This isnt exactly the kinda of thing i want a possible supporter to see. How do we kill this?

DrRich
12-20-2007, 11:08 AM
stop being so negative.
first result is website for the campaign.

raystone
12-20-2007, 11:10 AM
no nazi Google results for me, just campaign, myspace, etc.

kylejack
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Google Ron Paul.

DrRich
12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
thread starter maybe a troll.

i2ambler
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
The very first thing that shows up is google news. (which is all bad) Alot of people use google's 'news search' which is worse.. Im not trolling, just fustrated with the increasingly negative media. They either dont report, or they misreport... obviously we're in the attack phase ..

QuesoPantera
12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
obviously we're in the attack phase ..

"then they fight you..."

Ghandi is a modern day Nostradamus

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
DON"T FEED THE TROLLS!

tropicangela
12-20-2007, 03:10 PM
We just have to think of a better headline... c'mon ppl. Let's get creative.

BillyDkid
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
stop being so negative.
first result is website for the campaign.I don't think he's being negative. I think it is significant that when you google Ron Paul a whole bunch of negative stuff comes up. That's deliberate by the way. In the beginning nobody cared and was not putting out a bunch of negative stuff, but they are smart enough to know that if you put a bunch of negative RP stuff on the internet that when people google that stuff is going to come up.

BillyDkid
12-20-2007, 03:17 PM
thread starter maybe a troll. Do you honestly think this person does not have a point? You know, I caught a lot of flack for warning people that trolls were certainly going to start infiltrating. Now, every time I turn around someone is accusing others - often for no good reason - of being trolls.

tropicangela
12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Current google headlines:

Ron Paul's thought-provoking choice on racist's $$$ - 7 hours ago
by Frank James You have to hand it to Ron Paul. Most presidential candidates who weren't running as white supremacists themselves would reflexively return a ...
Baltimore Sun - 191 related articles »

Paul rakes in millions despite low polling among GOP - CNN

NOT BAD!

all J's in IL for RP
12-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Honestly, I give people the benefit of doubt to be able to discriminate between obvious hit pieces and his friendly websites. Everyone realizes this is part of the election.

Google Ron Paul.

QuesoPantera
12-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't think he's being negative. I think it is significant that when you google Ron Paul a whole bunch of negative stuff comes up. That's deliberate by the way.

I don't think people realize that google search priorities can be bought. I know this for a fact, because I hired a company last winter to boost my company website's search rankings. The more you pay, the better your results get.

Does it stink in here? I think we should start querying Google. Someone call vijay and see if they have any safeguards against abuse. anybody know the cat?

Johncjackson
12-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't think people realize that google search priorities can be bought. I know this for a fact, because I hired a company last winter to boost my company website's search rankings. The more you pay, the better your results get.

Does it stink in here? I think we should start querying Google. Someone call vijay and see if they have any safeguards against abuse. anybody know the cat?

That is because you are paying for optimization. It is a service. You pay and people who know what they are doing create links and other methods of increasing results. this is what I do professionally, but I don't take on clients. I have 1000+ websites i own myself.

'The more you pay the better results you get" can imply a couple things. One, it takes talent and/or expense to create really good content that gets quality links ( or directly buy links). The higher your budget the more you can do, obviously.

However there are also a LOT of SEO Fraudsters- people who "guarantee" ranks ( pretty much impossible for any semi competitive term and no reputable people do it) and I could see a lot of the scam artists saying they will get you to rank higher if you pay more without any substance behind it. google itself is not selling ranks in the organic results.

IMHO, search optimization is not really manipulating anything. It is more about overall marketing and using best practices. I mean, there are a lot of websites out there I cant believe how terrible they are and their strategies- like No Title page, links with no anchor text,etc. This actually harms results and makes quality results too hard to find. Optimizing is a service for visitors.

For example, I was looking for the website for a local court and could not find the site at all. I finally found it and the title of the page was "Home" and there was nothing even onpage to really justify it ranking for even its own name.

Furthermore the results referred to in this topic are from GOOGLE NEWS not web results. Personally I sort mine by date and all results, so I see everything written about RP by date. There is no "buying" Google going on there.. ( though there are some ways to manipulate it, which I wont even get into in a place where no one would understand)

( I also assume I dont have to mention that Sponsored Results ARE paid for)

terryhamel
12-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Whom do you trust do talk to people about Ron Paul? Google? Or yourself?

I suggest you engage them. Ask them, "What would you say is the most important issue facing our country today?" When they answer, hit them with a Ron Paul solution. Don't know the solutions? Absorb RP by watching any of the RP DVD's. Speak as if you are RP then tell them to go to ronpaul2008.com or ronpaullibrary.com for more info.

Crash Martinez
12-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Whom do you trust do talk to people about Ron Paul? Google? Or yourself?

I suggest you engage them. Ask them, "What would you say is the most important issue facing our country today?" When they answer, hit them with a Ron Paul solution. Don't know the solutions? Absorb RP by watching any of the RP DVD's. Speak as if you are RP then tell them to go to ronpaul2008.com or ronpaullibrary.com for more info.

Excellent. This is exactly the right point to make. Google is a research tool, NOT a replacement for our own efforts to get Ron Paul's MESSAGE out there (as opposed to just his name).