PDA

View Full Version : DEMOCRATS want RON PAUL as Nominee to RUN against I see I agree

Falseflagop
12-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Come GOP listen to want they want and GIVE RP the nomination.

Guess what keep it quiet thought because RP will win in a landslide!!

Give them what they want as the guy said on Hannity & Colmes!

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
The Democrats are using reverse psychology. Ron Paul is the last person they want running against Hillary or Obama CFR hacks.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah that is complete bull. Why would the Democrats want to face somebody who is more anti-war than them? It literally makes their anti-war statements look like jokes.. and really he will make them look like jokes on most issues. I can guarantee you he is the LAST person they want to face.. he's the only GOP candidate with any chance to win. They are scared of him.. I agree with above statement, this is definitely reverse psychology.

steph3n
12-20-2007, 11:01 AM
go to the democrat party forums if you want the truth....they know Ron Paul is pulling hard from across all traditional lines, where they even take time to note the signage and supporters, they also know his integrity is the best thing, along with not being afraid to say even what is unpopular at the time.

Huckabee is in their dreams, they WANT huckabee he will be easy breezy to beat.

hard@work
12-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Americans are pissed right now. There's no way they will elect any of the other candidates. Huckabee is the least likely to be elected of them all and yet he's getting the most attention now.

MGreen
12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Paul has said that many of his supporters say they first got interested in him because of his integrity, not necessarily his positions. If integrity is that important for a lot of voters, could you imagine Paul vs Clinton? It'd be hard to watch.

synthetic
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
It leaked the DNC wants to face Huckabee. Not surprising no mention of this made its way to the old media.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhu.htm

Voluntaryist
12-20-2007, 11:11 AM
The Democrats are using reverse psychology. Ron Paul is the last person they want running against Hillary or Obama CFR hacks.

You would think so. But Ive been lurking around Dailykos, DU, and other liberal sites and some of them (actually many of them) really DO think that Ron Paul will be the easiest to beat.

How little they know.

DRV45N05
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
You would think so. But Ive been lurking around Dailykos, DU, and other liberal sites and some of them (actually many of them) really DO think that Ron Paul will be the easiest to beat.

How little they know.

Because they think they'll be able to smear him the best with the newsletter/White Supremecist guilt-by-association tactic. They also think they'll be able to get him with the "He's nuts! He's crazy! He hates poor people! He wants to put them on the streets!" line. What they underestimate is the intelligence and self-initiative of the American people this time around as they search for candidates, and that will be their undoing.

Every Democrat I talk to says pretty much the same thing: they don't want to face Ron Paul next year. Period. He is their nightmare scenario: he's able to outflank the Democrats on the war and civil liberties, and he is the most intelligent and analytically-rigorous candidate and the candidate who best understands economic issues of any candidate they will have ever faced. He will run circles around whoever he debates. And he is a statesman, and comes across as such.

Ron Paul is the DNC nightmare. Period. End of story.

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
When Ron Paul gets the nomination the Democratic nominee will have to just concede.

Ron would make Hillary look like a Nazi and he would make Obama look illiterate. Obama is such an idiot and Ron is a medical doctor and an expert on economic policy.....and the argument that Ron is against poor people won't have a chance. I reckon honest-man Kucinich would support Ron over Hillary as well.

Melissa
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree if Democrats start to see his platform they will run to him---I did

RonPaulCult
12-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Let's think about this

At least 70% of america is against the war

The dems are considered the party that's against the war (it's bullcrap but whatever)

So they will win in a landside against any of the republicans except the one that is againt the war

son of liberty
12-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Paul vs. Hillary........could you imagine!

Joe3113
12-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I think the 'Core Republicans' would prefer to see a continuation of the false left-right paradigm than actually have the party win the presidency. They know RP is the only one who can win in the general election but still won't support him.

hawkeyenick
12-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Paul vs. Hillary........could you imagine!

She will just claim he is bullying her. That's why we need Sarah Palin as VP, Sarah ended the road to nowhere and rats out corrupt Republicans, Hillary is scared of her.

kojirodensetsu
12-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Sorry, was tired and posted without fully understanding a post.

But umm, yeah. If Ron Paul wins the republican primary then Ron Paul pretty much wins. This is because the core would rather support him than say Hillary. And Ron would also appeal to democrats and independents. If Ron Paul wins the republican primary the democrats might as well throw in the towel.

Talldude1412
12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
It is a toss up in my mind what would happen. As much as I would like to believe my fellow Americans would do the research and use the reason necessary to see past all the "guilt by association" and "neo-nazi/ skinheads/ etc" crap, recent elections would dictate otherwise.

I have really been put off recently to the point where I don't trust the vast majority of our country is even remotely intelligent. I can see the educated masses votes easily being neutralized by the "i will like vote Hillary because she's like a woman!" crowd. ::shudders:: Here's hoping that they simply don't vote at all.

I'm I alone in this fear? I really have lost a lot of faith in the wisdom of the American people. I hope the primaries prove me WAY wrong.

apc3161
12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah that is complete bull. Why would the Democrats want to face somebody who is more anti-war than them? It literally makes their anti-war statements look like jokes.. and really he will make them look like jokes on most issues. I can guarantee you he is the LAST person they want to face.. he's the only GOP candidate with any chance to win. They are scared of him.. I agree with above statement, this is definitely reverse psychology.

I agree with you. If anything they would want Huckabee to run.

Quick list of what his past shows

-big spender big taxer
-considered AIDS and HIV a plague that deserved quarantine until it wasn't politically popular anymore
-Pro War, Pro strong US presence in Middle East (this stems from his religion which states that he must protect Israel and the holy land)

I mean the list goes on and on.

Against Ron, they really have no defense.

Tim724
12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
semi-related anecdote:

Last night on the Situation Room Howard Dean was on talking about the war issue. He said "All of the Republicans except Ron Paul want to continue the war" without skipping a beat. So I don't know what the Dems' view of RP is, but it seems atleast Howard Dean has him in the forefront of his mind.

Lord Xar
12-20-2007, 12:48 PM

EXACTLY!

They know that if Ron wins, they have NO chance.

Why else are you NOT seeing anything "negative" in comparision to what could really bring to bear, on Huckaberry? They truly want HIM (huckaberry) to be nominated... he would go down like a 3yr old in a bar fight, in the general election... and coincidently - who is winning all the polls?

No, its revese pyschycology - they hope that Republicans will flock AWAY from Ron Paul.. because "IF" the dems want him - then he must be lame.

Make no mistake.. the right and left are in collusion to NOT see Ron Paul elected.

Shink
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM

How little they know.

They must think if they say, "Bail everyone out! Safety Net! REPUBLICAN!" enough times, they'll own him. They're so fucking wrong. I have not seen anyone on that side I'd consider intellectually capable of a war of ideals against Ron.

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
70% of Americans want us out of Iraq.

Ron Paul wants us out of Iraq. Check

70% of Americans want our immigration laws enforced.

Ron Paul wants our immigration laws enforced. Check

Ron Paul wins by a landslide with 70% of the vote. Check

werdd
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM

+1 exactly my thoughts

JaylieWoW
12-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I think the 'Core Republicans' would prefer to see a continuation of the false left-right paradigm than actually have the party win the presidency. They know RP is the only one who can win in the general election but still won't support him.

If you look around the internet at the "hardcore" Republican message boards you will find a vehement dislike of Ron Paul. There are a few long time posters who are calling out their fellow discussion partners, especially when the tendency is to call names rather than to actually debate the issues. GOPUSA is just one particular site like this. My particular favorite hate filled snake over there is Terri (the forum administrator). All I can say is GOPUSA needs to do something about Terri's loose canon in a hurry. (Mean people suck!!)

What I have gathered from the profanity laden insults hurled at anyone who dares to support Ron Paul is particularly frightening to me. The way these people talk about Republicans and how important the war is, shows without a doubt the Republican party has been completely hijacked by the so called "neo-cons". They are ruthless, fascists who think THEY represent America and the Republican party the best. It is amazing how they think anyone watching their discussions would actually consider them intelligent and making any sort of good points against the policies of Ron Paul. It is completely surrealistic, like some warped sci-fi movie featuring a totalitarian empire (like in Star Wars). I don't think they realize how bad they look to others.

No doubt in my mind, very few average people would ever agree with them and their treatment of guests to their forums. I make it a point to show their forums to other friends who actually participate in discussions online, trust me, their attitudes are a quick turn off. Most of the time the opinion is that it isn't really adults but rather nerdy kids who get beat up all the time by other kids in the schoolyard so they in turn heap abuse on people who disagree with them in their forums (pretty significant cycle of abuse pattern shows through).

It is really fun to see friends of mine hop over there just to poke fun at them. They really take themselves WAY too seriously.

Their blind support of whatever person who gets the Republican nod would be shown immediately false when Ron Paul gets the nomination. I guarantee they would change their tunes really quick like. Of course, some of them are so flip floppy (according to whatever Terri the God of the Forum says) they would probably secretly vote for Ron Paul and say whatever they thought Terri-Forum-God wanted them to say. LOL

It's really a sad sight to see though, hate is well and alive in America. I think possibly even more so than in many years past. :sigh:

Maltheus
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Hillary's only chance is if Ron Paul loses the nomination and goes third party. I'm certain they understand this. But, I suppose if he didn't go third party, they'd benefit most from Huckabee winning the nomination.

Can you imagine what a sweep it would be if he won the nom? They wouldn't be able to ignore him in the debates. Many people would be getting their first look at Paul, seeing the sharp contrast next to a manipulative power monger. The dem nom would have to drop out to avoid the embarrassment.