PDA

View Full Version : Help - Ron Paul DVDs

jd603
07-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Ok, I downloaded both Ron Paul DVDs and I cannot stomach the YouTube videos any longer. I don't feel comfortable distributing them. They are better than nothing but we REALLY need a higher quality DVD.

I'm proposing a place for people that have uploaded to YouTube to upload the larger, less compressed versions of the videos so others can use them when putting together RP CDs/DVDs. I will host this for free on my network and allow people access who are working on DVDs.

Anyone have some higher-res captures of interviews etc.? Please let me know and I will send a link to a site to upload the files or give a mailing address if they are too large for your connection.

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
bump

krott5333
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
yeah the youtube video quality is terrible, i downloaded the dvd yesterday.. i appreciate the efforts, but I dont like it. theres no menu, the video clips are too long.. people have ADD, we need a 5 minute dvd that shows paul at his very best with high quality video

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have high resolution video of any of the speeches or appearances? We really need this central repository.

mesler
07-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I think maybe deinterlacing the video may help.

herepamwas
07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
yeah the youtube video quality is terrible, i downloaded the dvd yesterday.. i appreciate the efforts, but I dont like it. theres no menu, the video clips are too long.. people have ADD, we need a 5 minute dvd that shows paul at his very best with high quality video

I agree. It's too long. I love watching anything with Dr.Paul in it so I can sit for as long as the video is. People who don't know him aren't gonna sit for that long. Sorry it's a fact. And the quality is bad for a promotional video.

I think if I didn't know Dr. Paul message or who he was and someone gave me this video, I would watch it for all of 5 minutes and then turn it off.

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm proposing a place for people that have uploaded to YouTube to upload the larger, less compressed versions of the videos so others can use them when putting together RP CDs/DVDs. I will host this for free on my network and allow people access who are working on DVDs.

Anyone have some higher-res captures of interviews etc.? Please let me know and I will send a link to a site to upload the files or give a mailing address if they are too large for your connection.

Anyone have any of the high-res videos? Anyone know anyone who does? How about Ron Paul campaign HQ?

jd603
07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
People have to have these, I mean when things are captured from Tivo etc they are still in much higher quality than the Utube vids... also digital camera vids, everything is higher quality than youtube, heh.

Feel free to private message me if you want a place to upload higher quality captures/recordings and I will get a web site up for easier access.

jd603
07-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Ok good, already got one taker who is uploading the Iowa Speech, it looks like it will be great video quality.

Anything people upload will first be accessible by private FTP and direct http link. I plan to add an index page for easy access once there's enough videos.

Thanks!

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Demonoid Search Results For 'Ron Paul' (http://www.demonoid.com/files/?category=0&subcategory=All&quality=All&seeded=0&external=2&query=ron+paul&uid=0&sort=)

may contain some high quality downloads of Ron Paul video

Might need to be a demonoid member to get there, not sure

jj111
07-08-2007, 12:44 PM
If you get better quality video files together, please make sure to include detailed instructions as to how to upload and burn the DVD. The last one had an "iso" format and I followed the instructions succesfully.

I agree that if somebody can make a better quality DVD is would be awesome. As for now, the current Iowa DVD that was released a few days ago is certainly better than nothing.

jd603
07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
the idea is to get these high quality video clips available for others to make DVDs with them, then they can decide how to distribute them , in what way to present the videos etc. It will be a repository for video editors doing Ron Paul presentations etc.

I may or may not have the time to throw a dvd together myself, although i might be able to distribute just the files to people via DVDs so they can use them in their own DVDs. I could also get the HQ videos in the hands of the campaign so they can make them available. It might be 5 DVDs worth of DATA or more though. maybe even DUALLAYER, but we'll see.

If you get better quality video files together, please make sure to include detailed instructions as to how to upload and burn the DVD. The last one had an "iso" format and I followed the instructions succesfully.

I agree that if somebody can make a better quality DVD is would be awesome. As for now, the current Iowa DVD that was released a few days ago is certainly better than nothing.

herepamwas
07-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I can't wait. I was thinking of making my own DVD to distribute to friends and family. Not that I know how but, I am pretty quick on the uptake so, I can figure it out.

Alle88
07-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi!

Where can i access these high quality videos that you are hosting?

I was thinking that one, or maybe several DVD's (2-3) that are truly good could be printed, to make a Ron Paul DVD package that can be handed out or just placed on shelf's at events.

But maybe thats to expensive. If anyone has Disc Publisher hardware...

I know someone printed a lot of the straw poll DVDs apparently :)

The thing is the videos need to be easy to view and accessible, with menus. Anyone interested in producing a DVD can go to Adobe and download a trial for premiere elements.

LINK TO TRIALDOWNLOAD (http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/tryout.html)

jd603
07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
They aren't publicly linked yet since nobody has uploaded any just yet. :) I have a couple people I just sent FTP info to so they can send them over. They are accessible via direct http links but there's no web index page or the like just yet. I will be adding that once i've got a few videos in.

Where can i access these high quality videos that you are hosting?

I was thinking that one, or maybe several DVD's (2-3) that are truly good could be printed, to make a Ron Paul DVD package that can be handed out or just placed on shelf's at events.

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 04:23 PM
When access to these videos is available, I propose making a DVD.

When put in a DVD a screen will pop up that has a big ol flag with the word PLAY across it. To play the main compilation video (20 minutes maybe) somebody just has to press play. The other button on the first screen will be OTHER CLIPS.

Very simple, and I can do it. would use adobe after effects, virtual dub, adobe premier, photoshop, and sony DVD architect.

my idea is to use clips from the Las Vegas speech for the compilation. Other clips will include the video compilation from the gigaplex iowa version.

please list ideas or pm to help.

thomaspaine23
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
When access to these videos is available, I propose making a DVD.

please list ideas or pm to help.

Add useful URLs (ronpaulforums.com, meetup.com etc , applications such as an ISO burner (including instructions on how to use) and some printable fliers
so people can get started ASAP

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 06:13 PM
bump

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Best DVD idea? The full length speech from the Iowa rally in hi res. Excellent speech. He covered everything.

jd603
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I had someone contact me saying he had a HQ vid of this, i sent him login info to upload it, maybe he hasnt gotten around to it yet.

Best DVD idea? The full length speech from the Iowa rally in hi res. Excellent speech. He covered everything.

honkywill
07-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Ron Paul on The Colbert Rep... (56557 KB)

(higher quality than the shite on youtube)

http://download.yousendit.com/77E15DC62ACC965E

jd603
07-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank you sir. You were the first to contribute, it is pretty good quality -- http://ronpaul.dyni.net/hqvideo/

I plan to have a real web page/domain eventually, but I need to rope together some videos first. :)

I can provide an FTP site to upload to as well if anyone is interested.

Ron Paul on The Colbert Rep... (56557 KB)

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Here's the DVD I have in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsM7Mlf2M4U

I've started a thread in video and image projects for links to HQ video and ideas / suggestions for this project here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=58548#post58548

The idea is to have a very simple menu, starting on the big 'PLAY' button on the flag, where only one button needs to be pressed to play the main movie (20 min? Las Vegas compilation? Iowa speech?). Viewers who are interested can also find a menu for pictures of ron paul and graphs of his online success, or other HQ clips.

This way, anybody can use it, and it looks good.

Any suggestions? Choice of videos? Must be in HQ, want this to be very professional. Thanks for your input.

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Ask aravoth for his stuff. He has some of the best videos around on youtube.

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Ask aravoth for his stuff.

done, thanks.

jd603
07-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I can give him an FTP to upload to, much easier that way!

FYI, I have some HQ video from Iowa being uploaded right now, I will post it to the URL I pasted once it is ready! thx

done, thanks.

honkywill
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Thank you sir. You were the first to contribute, it is pretty good quality --

Don't mention it. I plundered demonoid three weeks ago and found that.

I believe there are probably some other good quality now. There is a "TVrip" of the full epeisode of the dailyshow that he was on.

If you would like to peruse demonoid for quality vids I'll gladly let you borrow my demonoid account. I would invite you but that feature seems down at the moment.

Just lemme know.

JS4Pat
07-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Could we have that preceded by a good quality version of the “Stop Dreaming” or “Don’t Tread On Me” You Tube video?

After people watch one of those short music videos they will want to hear more and will be more inclined to watch a speech.

Are there copyright issues in reproducing those videos and distributing them?

MidTN4Ron
07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
The Presidential Exploratory Clip is one of the best out there. It is short and he clearly explains his reasons for running for president. We need a HQ version of this with the "exploratory" bits at the beginning and the end replaced with www.ronpaul2008.com.

Swmorgan77
07-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Ok, I downloaded both Ron Paul DVDs and I cannot stomach the YouTube videos any longer. I don't feel comfortable distributing them. They are better than nothing but we REALLY need a higher quality DVD.

I've got an ISO on my hard drive that is almost all high-quality. It's the video we give out around here in Utah. I will mail it to someone with the capability to make a torrent and seed it (I only have cable, slow upload). It includes:

HQ version of Utah Group video located here (parts 1-3):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wLRb-UesTY

MSNBC and CNN Debates in HQ

John Stewart and Maher appearances in HQ

A few other clips

jd603
07-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Your upload speed is too slow? I can give you an FTP to upload to, you can let it upload overnight.

I can accept it and put it up for download directly...

I've got an ISO on my hard drive that is almost all high-quality. It's the video we give out around here in Utah. I will mail it to someone with the capability to make a torrent and seed it (I only have cable, slow upload). It includes:

HQ version of Utah Group video located here (parts 1-3):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wLRb-UesTY

MSNBC and CNN Debates in HQ

John Stewart and Maher appearances in HQ

A few other clips

EvoPro
07-09-2007, 09:59 PM

jd603
07-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Bump.

Iowa Hq vid is still being uploaded, it is BIG. Also, the Utah Ron Paul DVD with HQ vids is being snail mailed to me so I'm not giving up or anything. :)

I still need more HQ or better-than-you-tube quality clips, message me if you can help.