PDA

View Full Version : How Many Are There?

fireworks_god
12-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm sure the official campaign donor lists are a good start, but I'm very curious as to just how expansive this movement is likely to be. Does anyone have any estimates, even if they aren't too seriously-based? Do we have to wait for the polls to really know? I'm just too excited and I can't wait another month. :D

kylejack
12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
What? Where? Explain.

fireworks_god
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry, I'm all fucked up from being sick and have all kinds of annoying sinus congestion with no relief, so I'm not not really saying what I mean to say. lol

How many of us are there, is what I meant. A million? 50 thousand? :)

kylejack
12-20-2007, 10:03 AM
What? Where? Explain.

fireworks_god
12-20-2007, 10:04 AM
:p

kylejack
12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh, I think I'm finally getting it. When you said "there", it seemed like you were asking about a place, like how many Ron Paul supporters are in Iowa. Well, we poll around 8% nation-wide in a poll of all registered voters. 144 million voters x 8% = 11,520,000

Elwar
12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I was trying to run the numbers on "individual donors" VS total votes.

I was able to get a percentage based on the 2004 general election that shows for every 1 person that donated to George Bush or John Kerry 285 (give or take a few) people ended up voting for him in the general election.

I still need to crunch a lot of numbers, but I was surprised at how close the number was between both candidates as far as the ratio of donors to voters. I'm curious to see if that number stays in the same range for all votes for all candidates. I bet it's within a small margin of error.

kylejack
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I was trying to run the numbers on "individual donors" VS total votes.

I was able to get a percentage based on the 2004 general election that shows for every 1 person that donated to George Bush or John Kerry 285 (give or take a few) people ended up voting for him in the general election.

I still need to crunch a lot of numbers, but I was surprised at how close the number was between both candidates as far as the ratio of donors to voters. I'm curious to see if that number stays in the same range for all votes for all candidates. I bet it's within a small margin of error.
I would expect the number to be smaller for Ron Paul. His supporters are more likely to donate, therefore each person who donates represents a smaller number of people who didn't donate but support Ron Paul.

Voluntaryist
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
One hundred.... BILLION!

1913_to_2008
12-20-2007, 11:22 AM
There are defiantly millions.

pcosmar
12-20-2007, 11:31 AM
More than "They" think.

pacelli
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry, I'm all fucked up from being sick and have all kinds of annoying sinus congestion with no relief, so I'm not not really saying what I mean to say. lol

How many of us are there, is what I meant. A million? 50 thousand? :)

Be sure to use lots of steam to help with that congestion. :)

I think there are literally millions of Ron Paul supporters, but, I don't have any hard numbers to back it up. I think the last moneybomb had 50+ thousand people donating.

SaratogaForRonPaul
12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't know how big it is, but the only important measure is how many people show up to vote. For example, Giuliani has say 25%, it doesn't mean 75 million Americans will vote for him. Poll integrity aside, the reality is that only 6-10% of Registered Republicans will vote in the primaries, which could be 9 million, but will probably be a lot less than that. So in the most unscientific approach, we need about 2+ million people to clinch the nomination while being the majority in enough states to clinch 51% of the delegates.

With split votes,I think we are a little less than half way there. That is why its so important for YOU (yes, You, I see you hiding behind the computer), to go out there and sign wave, canvass, letter write, and phone bank until your ears fall off.