PDA

View Full Version : Like we didn't know this would happen.

Elwar
12-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Ok, after seeing quite a few hit pieces on Ron Paul today all I can say is...it looks like the money bomb worked.

We had about half a week of great media attention. Good media attention is always followed by a buttload of hit pieces. This is usually followed by more positive media attention, etc...

It's pretty sad but that's how it works in every election, it's almost as if you need to time having the good press during that "good press" time and not in that "bad press" time. I believe George Bush was in one of those "bad press" times the last week of October in 2004...which was perfect timing because he came back the next week just in time to win.

That's why I proposed the January 5th Charity Bomb ( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238 ). So that we're on the upswing right before the New Hampshire elections.

hueylong
12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
They are definitely sitting up and taking notice. Expect the attacks to escalate and intensify.

This is the fuel of the grassroots movement. The more they attack, the more we know we are making progress. They wouldn't be attacking if they weren't nervous about Dr. Paul and the R3VOLUTION!

Huey

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I think if we're wanting to donate to something, we need to donate to getting Ron Paul's real stances out there to the voting public. Either by passing out slim jims, or running ads.

Today is our last day to support getting grassroots TV ads on the air in Iowa. TODAY! Are we going to do it? At the very minimum, we need to raise $5,500 more, TODAY.

www.OperationNH.com

How badly do we want to win Iowa? Is $5,500 too much to pay?

Highstreet
12-20-2007, 09:36 AM
I think if we're wanting to donate to something, we need to donate to getting Ron Paul's real stances out there to the voting public. Either by passing out slim jims, or running ads.

Today is our last day to support getting grassroots TV ads on the air in Iowa. TODAY! Are we going to do it? At the very minimum, we need to raise $5,500 more, TODAY.

www.OperationNH.com

I agree, we should be focusing on other things.

Paul has plenty of money now, and more money bombs will not be necessary. We broke all the records. He is legit. We can give at will and so will more people as he gets the media coverage he deserves.

Ben Elliott
12-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I was amazed at the latest media attention. It was huckachunk style but it was quite up there.

Me personally, I welcome the attacks. Makes us that more visible.

hellah10
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
i wouldnt even call these attacks lol..

if these are considered attacks, then this proves how great of a man dr. paul is... cant dig up dirt on this guy at all

Cleaner44
12-20-2007, 09:45 AM

www.OperationNH.com

Great point. We should focus on efforts like this in Iowa and NH. Let's get Iowa paid for and then focus on NH.

terryp
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I to welcome the attacks on Dr. Paul. One sure sign that he is
becoming a threat is the attacks. Huck can go down just as fast as he went up.
With Rudy sick today, that may have some rethinking him.
All we need to do is to show in the first few primaries.
It was said that if Obama does well, that will help our camp,
by repubs voting less mainstream.After Iowa/NH some will fold...

And also a big yes to signs, slim jims and GOTV work. I made my resolution to take my signs out every sat/sun,12-4, until the Fl. primary.

Mike S.
12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
I just visited an attack piece on an LA Times Blog - I won't give the URL because I don't want to help it rank. Just search for RON PAUL in google news and you will find it.

Guess what? My comments to the article were labeled as SPAM regardless of what I posted. So I have been labeled a spammer since I supported RP in previous comments. That is the ultimate in press control.

Our sheer numbers will overcome this. Keep phoning friends. Keep spreading the word.