PDA

View Full Version : So Where Does Tancredo's 2% go to?

rdenner
12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
In case you haven't heard. (Yeah Right, No one ever gets the scoop on you guys!)

Tancredo is stepping down today. http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071220/D8TKTU5O0.html

Now his 1 or 2% may not seem like much, but if the majority of it goes our way(let's be honest who else would they go to?). That might be enough to push Ron up to the double digits for the first time..

Does it make sense that most of his votes and money would come our way, even if he throws his support somewhere else(which I COMPLETELY EXPECT TO HAPPEN, DON'T GET ANGRY WHEN IT DOES)..

Your thoughts??

Robert

RPFTW!
12-20-2007, 07:58 AM
In case you haven't heard. (Yeah Right, No one ever gets the scoop on you guys!)

Tancredo is stepping down today. http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071220/D8TKTU5O0.html

Now his 1 or 2% may not seem like much, but if the majority of it goes our way(let's be honest who else would they go to?). That might be enough to push Ron up to the double digits for the first time..

Does it make sense that most of his votes and money would come our way, even if he throws his support somewhere else(which I COMPLETELY EXPECT TO HAPPEN, DON'T GET ANGRY WHEN IT DOES)..

Your thoughts??

Robert

I suspect about 4/5ths of his supporters will go to Thompson and maybe 1/5th will come to us. We have a welcoming thread over in the grassroots section and so far no Tancredo supporters have come. :(

Adamsa
12-20-2007, 08:00 AM
I suspect about 4/5ths of his supporters will go to Thompson and maybe 1/5th will come to us. We have a welcoming thread over in the grassroots section and so far no Tancredo supporters have come. :(

Tancredo is a friend of Ron, so an endorsement isn't impossible.

We'll have to see.

rdenner
12-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Just don't get angry when he does throw his support to Thompson. WE DON'T NEED Tancredo's endorsement, but we do want his supporters.

Intelectually speaking they are much closer to us then to Thompson. But Tancredo is looking out for his future prospects(maybe a cabinet position) and he is not at all convinced of Ron Paul ability to win it all. He'll attach his little red wagon to Tompson's little red pickup truck I fear.

Robert

ConstitutionGal
12-20-2007, 08:07 AM
For the time being - Tancredo's supporters will jump ship to Hunter. Once Hunter drops out, they'll flock to Thompson. After THAT, many will come over to Dr. Paul simply because they'll have no where else to turn. Everyone in the anti-illegal immigration camp already knows the dirt on Huckabee, The Ghoul and Willard and have NO faith in ANY of the Dems. We will eventually garner those folks simply by default but it may be a while.

Thomas Paine
12-20-2007, 08:08 AM
I predict Thompson will be dropping out of the race after Michigan. He's going to get spanked in Iowa and NH and I don't think he is going to do all that well in SC with Huckabee sucking up the evangelical votes. Michigan will be the last straw for the Thompson campaign after all the Democrats decide to cross party lines and cast their ballots for Ron Paul since Hillary Clinton is the only candidate in the Democrat Primary in Michigan.

Adamsa
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Support from Tancredo would show a lot of the Republican base that Ron is very far to the right on some issues.

akalucas
12-20-2007, 08:13 AM
his poll number are probably under estimated just like ours. Maybe he is worth 4%, which will put us into the teens if we get it.

ronpaulitician
12-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I predict Tancredo will follow Jim Gilcrest and endorse Huckabee.

Dorfsmith
12-20-2007, 09:20 AM

I don't know. I'm sure Tancredo knows Huckabees illegal immigration record.

10thAmendmentMan
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I can tell you exactly where those supporters don't go: John McCain.

Dorfsmith
12-20-2007, 09:24 AM
I can tell you exactly where those supporters don't go: John McCain.

But I thought the cool thing to do was endorse McCain. :confused: :D

Ethek
12-20-2007, 09:26 AM

Something about the Huckabee endorsement just wasn't right. I can't shake the perception of ulterior motives behind the endorsement. I think Tancredo is too principled.... but we will see.

nathanmn
12-20-2007, 09:32 AM

No way. Tancredo is not like that. I bet Tancredo despises Huckabee.

ronpaulitician
12-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Something about the Huckabee endorsement just wasn't right. I can't shake the perception of ulterior motives behind the endorsement.
Well, yeah. Gilcrest will only endorse a "winner" and I assume that as soon as Huckabee got to double digits, he started wooing Gilcrest, because, if you look at, for example, the ABC/WP Iowa poll that just came out, it shows that Iowans still favor Romney over Huckabee in regard to immigration.