PDA

View Full Version : when is TANCREDO ANNOUNCEMENT on TV?

orion846
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM
anyone know? what channel/time? i wanna see him endorse thompson

mkrfctr
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
//

daikonv
12-20-2007, 09:08 AM
3pm EST i think

Ethek
12-20-2007, 09:08 AM
anyone know? what channel/time? i wanna see him endorse thompson

Is that a for sure thing?

mkrfctr
12-20-2007, 09:27 AM
no, last i read was a statement from his wife saying that the media jumped the gun in declaring his dropping out, but that it was likely, and that he had called upon some of his more ardent supporters (presumably to tell them the news) and that he had meetings with some of the other candidates or their representatives in order to get one of them to take up his issue (and presumably give them his endorsement in return).

rfbz
12-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Washington, D.C.) – Presidential candidate Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) will hold a presser to make a major announcement regarding the campaign.

WHO: Presidential candidate Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO)
WHAT: Major Announcement
WHEN: Thursday, December 20th, 2:00 PM CST
WHERE: Downtown Marriott
2nd Floor Salon F
700 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309

Ethek
12-20-2007, 09:29 AM
no, last i read was a statement from his wife saying that the media jumped the gun in declaring his dropping out, but that it was likely, and that he had called upon some of his more ardent supporters (presumably to tell them the news) and that he had meetings with some of the other candidates or their representatives in order to get one of them to take up his issue (and presumably give them his endorsement in return).

Paul just blasted the fence issue this morning.. It could be Thompson, It could be .. well Thompson. I dont see any of the others without the 'others' doing some major pandering. I think that would almost be too transparent imo.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I wonder if the campaign ever got back to Tancredo about the question they had about the article in Lew Rockwell. I would highly recommend they do so. I would hate to miss his endorsement because of something stupid like this.

mkrfctr
12-20-2007, 09:40 AM
ya i was surprised hearing that on the fence, before he has been ambivalent about the fence, it was in a bill he voted for and when asked prior if he supported it he's been like, "well yes, but that's not why I voted for the bill..."

i haven't really heard much from Thompson on being a huge wall supporter ... but then maybe that's because he puts me to sleep within about 10 seconds ...

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Paul just blasted the fence issue this morning.. It could be Thompson, It could be .. well Thompson. I dont see any of the others without the 'others' doing some major pandering. I think that would almost be too transparent imo.

He voted for it. So, why did he now denounce it? I realize it is not what he thinks the answer is. In that, we need to stop what is causing most people to come over here. The free handouts. But, having a fence in high crossing areas, sure seems to be cost effective in the short term, by enabling the Border Guard to focus on other areas.

Jobarra
12-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm wondering now if he's really dropping out. Others have already guessed that Mitt was offering a sum to pay off campaign debt in return for an endorsement. What if Mitt is paying Tancredo to 'stay' in the race and smear Paul or Huckabee instead? That would be worth more than an endorsement from Tancredo I would think.

jblosser
12-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I wonder if the campaign ever got back to Tancredo about the question they had about the article in Lew Rockwell. I would highly recommend they do so. I would hate to miss his endorsement because of something stupid like this.

I know for a fact it was called to the direct attention of the highest levels of the campaign staff by people they pay attention to. Where it goes from there is up to Ron.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-20-2007, 09:53 AM
When did he denounce it?

10thAmendmentMan
12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe he's announcing that he's an illegal immigrant and he was just pretending to be an anti-illegal crusader in order to remove suspicion from himself. That's my guess, at least. :D

JMO
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
In my opinion the Fence is one of the dumbest ideas Americans ever considered. I can tell you from the mouths of illegals that they laugh at the fence. You want to stop illegals from coming over enforce the laws, dry up the jobs by enforcing business to abide by the jobs, that is how you get them to stop coming over. I have seen a report that says by 2015 it will cost 8 million dollars per mile to maintain the fence, the spending doesn't stop once the fence is built, however the illegals will still come across because the real problem is being ignored, and that is not punishing business that violate the laws. Spend the money towards forcing business to comply instead of the fence.

justinc.1089
12-20-2007, 10:08 AM
I still want to see a fence on the border......

And cameras, and border patrol people, and the military. ;)

Its a border afterall, not an imaginary line.

xd9fan
12-20-2007, 10:08 AM
In my opinion the Fence is one of the dumbest ideas Americans ever considered. I can tell you from the mouths of illegals that they laugh at the fence. You want to stop illegals from coming over enforce the laws, dry up the jobs by enforcing business to abide by the jobs, that is how you get them to stop coming over. I have seen a report that says by 2015 it will cost 8 million dollars per mile to maintain the fence, the spending doesn't stop once the fence is built, however the illegals will still come across because the real problem is being ignored, and that is not punishing business that violate the laws. Spend the money towards forcing business to comply instead of the fence.

we need a fence and everything else you stated.....

we need to do more than just one or the other....we need it all done.

TheRothbardian
12-20-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm confused! Can someone explain to me why is it that Tancredo is believed to come out ion support of Thompson. I just don't see that happening. Whats going on with respect to Tancredo and Dr. Paul. Do I need to call the Tancredo office and ask for him to support the Paul camp?

AlexMerced
12-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm confused! Can someone explain to me why is it that Tancredo is believed to come out ion support of Thompson. I just don't see that happening. Whats going on with respect to Tancredo and Dr. Paul. Do I need to call the Tancredo office and ask for him to support the Paul camp?

sure why not

JMO
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
we need a fence and everything else you stated.....

we need to do more than just one or the other....we need it all done.

Why would we need a fence if we dried the jobs up? They won't come over here if they can't work, they don't come over here to smell the tulips. The fence is a waste of money and it will be a constant money sink of 15.6 billion dollars a year to maintain, and it won't accomplish anything, the illegals will still come, it just might take them a couple extra times. Dry up the jobs, you will save a ton of money, use the money enforcing business to enforce the laws and watch the illegals stay in Mexico.

TruckinMike
12-20-2007, 11:47 AM
the Fence is one of the dumbest ideas Americans ever considered. I can tell you from the mouths of illegals that they laugh at the fence. You want to stop illegals from coming over enforce the laws, dry up the jobs by enforcing business to abide by the jobs, that is how you get them to stop coming over.

Exactly!

I can tell that a fence would have to be enormous to actually stop the flow..

30 foot deep, 30 foot high, bomb proof, with razor wire, and NO GAPS --- ANYWHERE.

And still they would dig under, climb over and go through. Enforcing the laws would only take a few extra man hours to accomplish the goal. Simple and effective.

Thats the way I see it...

Photo: a Minuteman Illegal Alien Protest. -- watching over our borders.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/2066571269_064d648891_o.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Trancredo gets a "LEG UP" on the Congressional Seat he will be running for next year.

YEAP... It's all insider crap... I'd be curious to see where Trancredo receives endorsements and campaign financing for that seat next year. probably be trhough 3rd parties like most financing runs. Guiliani's has massive cash flow from TEXAS... ARGH!