PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL domain name suggestions thread for "Introduce Yourself" website

tomveil
12-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Alright, I'm really pumped about this idea, so I'm going to put everything into this thread here. Basically, from this article: http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/12/who_are_ron_pauls_supporters.html . (First posted by RP-Republican!) we started talking about a website like the comments section of that page. Just a place where people can log on and share their stories about why they support Ron Paul in this election. If you get a chance, read some of those comments. It's very moving to see all the different kinds of people that suddenly have hope about the way that government can work.

From there, we decided that we should have specific people talking about the things they know best. For instance, teachers could talk about Ron Paul's stance on the department of education. (I bring it up as an example because all my teacher friends hate it!) But we could have nurses and doctors talking about health care, and why they think that he has it right. Buisness owners like myself can talk about the economy and what it REALLY means when the money gets shipped off to Washington instead of staying in the community.

We've all got a story to tell, let's put them up and let people read them.

So what should the name of this site be? One suggestion that I liked was ronpaulrally.com. I think it's good because a rally is an uplifting thing. And we're bringing people together (plus it's got ron paul in the name for easy recognition!)

But we've got a ton of creative people out there, so let's hear some ideas! Also, list issues that we should have on the site as well! Anything that you think that you can speak professionally and knowledgably about!

Webmasters: Is it possible to have each comment submitted into a section? Like users could choose to put themselves in the "education" section or the "buisness" section? And if that is possible, would it be possible to still incorporate them into a "general" section. Also, how do you think the site should be laid out? Should we have somewhere between 10-20 comments on a page, with a "Next 10/20 - Last 10/20 - Random 10/20" button?

coboman
12-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Great idea!

jrich4rpaul
12-20-2007, 07:54 AM
WeAreRonPaul.com

tomveil
12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
WeAreRonPaul.com

I like! What about "WeAreAllRonPaul"?

jrich4rpaul
12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
WeAreRonPaul is shorter, easier to remember, IMO.

Who is Ron Paul?

We are Ron Paul!

(Millions of names here)

coboman
12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
We are Ron Paul is great.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:02 AM
We are Ron Paul is great.

I agree. It just kinda sounds weird. But I like it the more I think of it!

Ibtz
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Sounds kind of cultish and Borg-ish.

Rex
12-20-2007, 08:04 AM
If you want collaborate we can use my domain www.PaulItForward.com

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:05 AM
OK so I think I'm going to listen to this RP interview and then go to bed. When I get up, I'll read for the names that seem to have the most support and set up a poll to choose the final name. So keep those names and ideas for issues coming! This is going to be a great site that we can send out so people can really understands what this campaign means to us as individuals! We won't let the Old Media protray us as a side show, we'll simply tell the people ourselves!

jrich4rpaul
12-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Sounds kind of cultish and Borg-ish.

I think WeAreRonPaul shows how Ron Paul has brought people from all walks of life together behind one message: freedom. Ron Paul has something for everyone, all ages, races, careers and wages.

hellah10
12-20-2007, 08:07 AM
WeAreRonPaul.com

LOL i was gonna post that exact domain name until i saw your post :p

jdmetz
12-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Part of the power of the NPR page comment sections is the huge variety you can see all on one page.

What would be great is if when you entered your profile, you also selected age, sex, location, occupation, etc. Then visitors could filter profiles based on those to find people like them who support Ron Paul. Or, people could just view all the profiles.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Part of the power of the NPR page comment sections is the huge variety you can see all on one page.

What would be great is if when you entered your profile, you also selected age, sex, location, occupation, etc. Then visitors could filter profiles based on those to find people like them who support Ron Paul. Or, people could just view all the profiles.

YES YES YES! Is this possible, webmasters? No information REQUIRED, but it would only help people connect! Great idea!!!!!

improv241
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
very cool idea. I was trying to think of a way to quantify our numbers. This would be great to create a "social network."

jrich4rpaul
12-20-2007, 08:18 AM
The info people put up about themselves will need to be approved before being posted. Just to prevent any anti-Paul people putting up negative comments such as "I LIKE RON PAUL CUZ I'M RACIST!" for the sake of controversy.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:20 AM
The info people put up about themselves will need to be approved before being posted. Just to prevent any anti-Paul people putting up negative comments such as "I LIKE RON PAUL CUZ I'M RACIST!" for the sake of controversy.

Of course :) I would be happy to help "screen" comments. Maybe we could even have one person in charge of each section? I could do the "Buisness" section if we have one. I think we should go with "Buisness" and "Economy" as seperate things. I know a lot about Buisness, but very little economy.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Oh, on the radio interview he just said again "The teachers don't like it, we should get rid of it." (Talking about the DOE! This could be great :) I'm sure we have some teachers in the house :D

Rebel Resource
12-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Could there be a column for youtube entries?

Mortikhi
12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
deleted

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Could there be a column for youtube entries?

I don't see why there couldn't be a section for videos as well. I don't know much about bandwidth, but we'd probably want to keep them short (30 seconds or so?). How many videos could a site hold?

Rebel Resource
12-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't see why there couldn't be a section for videos as well. I don't know much about bandwidth, but we'd probably want to keep them short (30 seconds or so?). How many videos could a site hold?

I think the bandwidth would all be youtube's.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I think the bandwidth would all be youtube's.

Well then, of course we'd have a video section! :D

TechnoGuyRob
12-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Bump.

robert4rp08
12-20-2007, 09:46 AM
bah, i had a great one but it's taken: WeThePeopleOfThe.us

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 09:51 AM

I also think anyone trying to push their own agenda on such a site should be screened out. Such as those who put conspiracy theory stuff..

I can just see now someone trying to put. I like Ron Paul because he is not a member of the CFR. I like Ron Paul because I am a 9/11 truther and Paul would support another 9/11 investigation. (I am not trying to attack truthers here). Also, there is no free speech issue because it would be a privately run site. The mod has every right to screen posts so that the sight has the most positive impact.

It is fine if you support Paul for those reasons. But having things like that on a site like this would be counter productive. It would be best if people see we are average americans just like them, not a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

It should be pretty much be, age, location, profession, statement of why you support Paul without any conspiracy type stuff in it.

enjerth
12-20-2007, 09:52 AM
RonPaulRepublicans.com (You don't have to BE a Republican to be a Ron Paul Republican!)

jason43
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
rePaulicans.com

wearetherevolution.com

wetherevolution.com

whosupportspaul.com

isupportron.com

isupportronpaul.org

weloverevolution.com

wesupportpaul.com

There are loads to pick from...

ourlongroad
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
ronpaulsupporters.com

I suggest giving people the opportunity to post YouTube videos explaining why they are Ron Paul supporters - nothing stronger than a personal testimonial like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pd2K90ZhPY&feature=related). You also should ask supporters their age, race, religion, gender and state of residence so that the media can come to the site and sort by this information to gage the size of any given demographic.

thumbto
12-20-2007, 10:21 AM
The npr comments are incredible. I couldn't even make a dent in the page reading them. There has to be at least 1000 now.

terryp
12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
What type of other info could be included. Would it be possible for a would be supporter to email or call a RP contact. Could local RP fans connect.

On the conspiracy topic. There does need to be the video of Dr. Paul saying that we need open govt., Ft. Knox accountability, with open government there is conspiracy.

jason43
12-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I think that this is a great idea to get a demographic on support. We could find out a lot about what support we have and who we need to reach out to based on the info. We could even get the info over to ronpaulgraphs.com and get some statistics out of it for race, religion, location, etc of the web support.

It might be useful to know who we have on board to find out who we need to reach out to.

JoshLowry
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
We have an introduce yourself thread here in case anyone missed it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32

ourlongroad
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
The npr comments are incredible. I couldn't even make a dent in the page reading them. There has to be at least 1000 now.
These supporter's comments in that NPR piece need to be put into a book. Wow!

european
12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
a well known "slogan" is: who is ron paul?

the domainname weareronpaul gives the answer :p

tomveil
12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
a well known "slogan" is: who is ron paul?

the domainname weareronpaul gives the answer :p

Vote on the name! We've got about 15 minutes left before the run-off between the top 2 vote getters:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61346

Chernitsky
12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I own www.weareronpaul.com, but I'm still trying to make a decision on what to do with it.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/Flag.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

tomveil
12-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I own www.weareronpaul.com, but I'm still trying to make a decision on what to do with it.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/Flag.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Take a look through the threads to see the idea. Check out the website that inspired the idea. They had over 3500 comments in ONE SINGLE DAY, and they had to STOP POSTING THEM!

In the hands of a talented webmaster, this could be a HUGE site!