PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Has Established His Legitimacy? Fox News

shida
12-20-2007, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYXscpNpZk

Austin
12-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Anyone care to summarize? It's blocked at school.

Akus
12-20-2007, 07:28 AM

2nd

shida
12-20-2007, 07:33 AM
A good report on Ron....from FOX NEWS !!!!

kojirodensetsu
12-20-2007, 07:33 AM
"Who would the democratic candidate most want to face in your view"
"Probably Ron Paul" - Person A

"Ron Paul raised an incredible amount of money. Here's a video of a celebration" *shows video* "These are republicans supporting an anti-war republican. Is Ron Paul out of sync with the republican party or is there a large republican population unhappy with the mainstream candidates?"
"Yeah he's legitimate. He has people from the left and the right supporting him. And you can't count him out yet." - Person B

"What if he runs as a third party?"
"I wish a 3rd party could win but we're not at that point yet. But look the republican party is out of step with the republican party. And that's why Ron Paul is a rock star. Our president is spending like a drunken sailor, nation building. And I'm glad we have people who don't care about party affiliation and just care about getting things done." - Person C

That's not word for word, but whatever. @_@ And yes person C actually said "rock star" and "drunken sailor".

Edit: voytechs's post is better than mine.

coboman
12-20-2007, 07:39 AM
This is a great morale booster.

Let's go, people. This is going to happen. We are really close to bursting the dam.

hawks4ronpaul
12-20-2007, 07:41 AM
A Democrat wanting RP as an opponent is not a compliment and they repeat the earbug anti-RP editorials-disguised-as-questions about RP being out of step with the GOP and running in a different (3rd) party (cannot win GOP) and asking if he is a "legitimate" candidate but overall it was useful airtime and Flavia Colgan gave positive comments.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

kojirodensetsu
12-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Yes, that thing about the democrats wanting to face Ron Paul was him saying that he thinks Ron Paul can't beat the democrats.

voytechs
12-20-2007, 07:46 AM

2 segments to it. First its Hannity discussion:

S.H.: Steve who would the democrats like to be the GOP candidate in your view?

Steve McMahon: Ron Paul, probably Ron Paul (some chuckling going on.)

Then it switches to the second segment with Colmes:

Colmes: Both parties, have candidates joking for position, no one can claim in IA, NH, and still have other tier candidates like Ron Paul popping in able to raise increadible amount of money on the internet, just the other day. We have video of a celebration, where we have a toadboard as his supporters watch as he breaks 12,000,000 dollars. Lets take a look at this and they show the NY boston tea party rally and the cheering.

Michael and Steve, these are republicans wanting a republican nominee, who's anti-war, is Ron Paul out of sink with the rest of the republican party, or is there a larger republican contigent, who are not getting what they want from the so called mainstream republican candidates?

Micheal Steele: I think Ron Paul, has established his legitimacy in this race and I think he is raising the money he needs to raise, yeah these are republicans and there are independents and a whole bunch of folks who support Ron Paul. And thats a good thing, again speaks to the facts that in this race for president, both on the republican and democratic side there is a lot of fluidity, and you can't count anyone out until the countring is over and that begins in January.

Colmes: Hey flavia, what is Ron Paul runs as an independent, he may have enough mojo going to make that happen and that would, as we have seen in the past, change the whole race.

Flavia Colgan: right, I wish we were at a stage where a 3rd party candidate could win, but look the republican party is out of step with republican party. That is the reality why Ron Paul is a rock star right now. This president spends like a drunken sailor. They are nation building all around the world and not doing it with competance and I'm glad that there are a lot of republicans and Americans in general out there, who are purists, and don't care just about party affiliations (colmes trying to interrupt with unhappy grins), but about getting things done.

WOW that was a good discussion, and Ron Paul wasn't even there!! Times are changing...

voytechs
12-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Yes, that thing about the democrats wanting to face Ron Paul was him saying that he thinks Ron Paul can't beat the democrats.

That could end up being their new strategy, Democrats want Ron Paul to win, because he is the easiest to beat. Although I think that would be a major bad move on their part. People aren't as dumb as they think and this would only force people to look into Ron Paul.

voytechs
12-20-2007, 07:50 AM
One thing is for sure. The TeaParty was a major major success. The 4.2 was good, but could have been written off as an outlier, but us being able to repeat and get 50% more just a month later, is the thing that gets people to take notice.

Coola
12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Yea the first part was them teasing that Ron Paul couldn't beat the democrats but the 2nd half was all pro Ron Paul and basically saying to the viewer that this guy is a viable threat. :D Ah yes, all this media coverage makes me happier than a care bear.

Austin
12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Sorry for making you guys do the transcript. This is old news to me, I saw it live and even YouTubed it myself.. :D

daviddee
12-20-2007, 07:54 AM

bobmurph
12-20-2007, 07:57 AM
The girl at the end was awesome!

"The Republican party is out of step with the Republican party right now."
"This President spends like a drunken saior."
"That's why Ron Paul is a Rock Star right now!"

hawks4ronpaul
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
The girl at the end was awesome!

"The Republican party is out of step with the Republican party right now."
"This President spends like a drunken saior."
"That's why Ron Paul is a Rock Star right now!"

Wikipedia says that Calgan is a Democratic Party strategist?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Ethek
12-20-2007, 08:07 AM
No, they really want Huckabee... they fear Paul. They know it and I think most here will know that. It was a psych-out.

Rex
12-20-2007, 08:35 AM
great vid

RonFan1776
12-20-2007, 08:42 AM
That woman isn't likely to be invited on Fox News again anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Severius
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Nice :)

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
This was great!! :)

JenHarris
12-20-2007, 09:10 AM

Well it would be stupid for a democrat pundit to give away who they think has a "glass jaw" of course they are gonna say someone who's an actual threat.

But then again, maybe I'm searching for deep meaning from a fortune cookie...

dfalken
12-20-2007, 09:14 AM
That was awesome!!! The dam is really starting to break....the Ron Paul interview with Cavuto yesterday was simply unreal...the idiotic media is shooting themselves in the foot...the more they try to ridicule the more they further our cause. I freaking love this!!!

Goeran
12-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Faux News still sux, they will have to make 100 more of those to win back some credit.

corsairtro
12-20-2007, 09:50 AM
good vid

+1

rollingpig
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
good vid, thanks for uploading

familydog
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Flavia is a democratic strategist yes. She is a regular on one of the Saturday morning business shows on Fox. Forbes on Fox I think. So there could be more from her soon. It's funny to hear Michael Steele say that when a few months ago he laughed Paul off with Sean after one of the debates.

Elwar
12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Someone Haxored FoxNews.

gb13
12-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Seriously guys?

Fuck them. I mean, I love to hear good reports about my candidate, but they are so full of it. They can't make fun of him now, because it's OBVIOUS to everyone who sees it that Ron Paul has won over the people's hearts and minds more than any other candidate.

And Hannity... I seriously hate him. And the guy who said the democrats would most love to run against RP: I wonder how he can say that when Ron Paul is actually getting THOUSANDS of people to leave the democratic party to vote for him.

Faux sucks. They will never win back any respect from me.

kylejack
12-20-2007, 10:23 AM
"He's DONE."
-Michael Steele, after second debate

"I think Ron Paul has established his legitimacy in this race."
-Michael Steele in this Fox News clip

Hahahahaha, you stupid dick. Nice call, pal. NICE CALL.

Goldwater Conservative
12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
The "Democrats want to face him" line is an attack we'll see more often from the GOP insiders and establishment. Anyone with half a brain knows that the Dems do NOT want to face an anti-war, pro-civil liberties, non-corporate opponent. They'd have to criticize his age, state, and party, but other than that they could only drag out the newsletter and other irrelevant things like this single donation from a white nationalist. They might try to mischaracterize his views, but as one of the two major candidates he'd have enough time to point out he favors decentralization and transition, not shock therapy laissez-faire.

fgd
12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Ron Paul can't beat the democrats.

This is patently untrue.

RP takes away 2 issues Dems care about: the war and civil rights.

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Short version: Look out Republican party, the Ron Paul tsunami is coming!

Maltheus
12-20-2007, 12:03 PM
The democrats only stand to lose if Paul wins the nomination. I've spoken to many democrats who said they'd vote for him on the war issue alone, even if they aren't willing to support him in the primaries. What the democrats need is for him to lose the nomination, possibly going third party and splitting the republican vote. They know this is to their advantage. Too bad the anyone-buy-hillary crowd doesn't get that yet. We'd have the nomination if they did.