PDA

View Full Version : This is so Awesome

RP-Republican
12-20-2007, 05:12 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/12/who_are_ron_pauls_supporters.html

someone should create a Ron Paul supporter website like this it's really motivating reading who the supporters are.

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 05:23 AM
Most Ron Paul supporters who comment there are in their mid-late 30's. That should make up most of the working class, am I right?

voytechs
12-20-2007, 05:25 AM
I blogged it:

http://freedompress.blog.com

RP-Republican
12-20-2007, 05:27 AM
I blogged it:

http://freedompress.blog.com

Nice. Can people keep adding to that?

Ready2Revolt
12-20-2007, 05:27 AM
There is an introduction thread here in the forum labeled

"Forum Guidelines, Introductions & More"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32

AlisaOR
12-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Very inspiring. So much for the idea that it’s a bunch of radical college students and neo-Nazi skin heads supporting Ron Paul. This really does need to be a website that people can keep adding too.

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
- George Washington

EvilEngineer
12-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Very inspiring. So much for the idea that it’s a bunch of radical college students and neo-Nazi skin heads supporting Ron Paul. This really does need to be a website that people can keep adding too.

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
- George Washington

Proposed site creation here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61077

:D

disciple
12-20-2007, 06:18 AM
They don't seem like kooks to me.

AlisaOR
12-20-2007, 06:25 AM
How about - WHOARERONPAULSUPPORTERS.COM

McLane2007
12-20-2007, 06:29 AM
WHOARERONPAULSUPPORTERS.COM

That sounds good kind of a lot to type but I like it. I also like "whoareronpaulrepublicans"

voytechs
12-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Now to get the homeschoolers on board!

tomveil
12-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Wow. That thread is incredible. Just reading about all of the different types of people coming together for one cause. It's just moving.

bucfish
12-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Very good a website with the words of the supporters would be a great idea. Someone could monitor this site and add things that RP supporters say about different things. Shedding light on the true words and deeds of RP supporters. A great idea!

tomveil
12-20-2007, 06:41 AM
This is BEYOND incredible. Every single person in this list I feel like I can connect with in some way. This has to be put up as a site like RIGHT NOW. Just a place where people can go and talk about themselves and why we're supporting him. Wow.

What an incredible idea. Why didn't we think of it?

tomveil
12-20-2007, 06:43 AM
I would also add that this site should require an e-mail activation to post to. For one, it gives us a mailing list when something big is coming. And second, it is more legit that we don't have a couple dozen "spammers" just posting 70 million times each. And moderated so we can throw out the crap that's going to come down onto it too. This could be the best site ever.

mattybear
12-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Better yet, I think someone should contact the Ron Paul campaign about this and suggest that they add these comments to their official site for anyone to read.

monkeymynd
12-20-2007, 07:03 AM
I may be able to be of some assistance here. I've actually started work on this type of site back in November. I got sidetracked for a while, but I'm getting back on it over the holiday break. If anyone is willing to help out with ideas, code, graphics, etc. then I love to get it going asap!

I think the site address would also work well in this instance. It's http://www.whereintheworldisronpaul.com!

The original concept was to have people take pics all around the world in front of landmarks, etc. But this same site would lend itself well to what you guys have been talking about. To show the worldwide support of Dr. Paul & his message. Each entry would then include a 'testamonial' of why they like Ron, what their former party affiliation was, etc. I also want to have a map where you can see the 'pins' of all the posts. Kinda like when you look at the meetup maps!

Right now, there is just a test site up. It's a wordpress blog, and I think I'm going to switch it over to CakePHP to give me more latitude. So, if anyone is interested, has some CakePHP experience, php, etc., let me know. I'm pretty good with the coding, but I'm really going to need help with a banner, layout & graphics.

Ibtz
12-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Now to get the homeschoolers on board!

My wife homeschools three of our six children and she's definitely on board. :)

tomveil
12-20-2007, 07:07 AM
[x-posted from a new thread, but it kinda morphed]

I apologize if I'm rambling and adding threads. It's 5 and I still can't sleep because I'm so excited about things going on here. Anyway, on to my point:

A lot of people think that getting rid of the Department of Education is a bad idea. "How we fund schools?" "Why would we take money away from them?" But when I talked to my friends who were teachers, they all told that they hated the DOE more than anything else in their job! Now that made me realize that it wasn't so crazy at all.

With that in mind, we should start a School Teachers for Ron Paul site, or maybe add it as a sub-set of another page that we're working on.

In fact, why wouldn't we just merge this with the "tell us who you are" page. We could have a general section, and then a section on each of the "crazy" issues that he has, with experts telling us why they support his ideas! Who wouldn't listen to teachers about schools, or economists about money issues?

Bertrand
12-20-2007, 07:07 AM
ronpaulrally.com

McLane2007
12-20-2007, 07:15 AM
RPREPUBLICANS.COM is available!

tomveil
12-20-2007, 07:18 AM
I honestly don't like the republicans in it. :( A lot of the people who will be reading will be democrats, and won't want to be associated with republicans (That's what we get for Bush) I know it's weird, but trust me it's true :)

Edit: Ron Paul Rally sounds much better. It's upbeat and bringing people together, not drawing any lines between them.

danda
12-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Edit: Ron Paul Rally sounds much better. It's upbeat and bringing people together, not drawing any lines between them.

Umm, you mean like ronpaulrally.org (http://ronpaulrally.org)? 2400 Ron Paul Supporters and counting.

Have you uploaded your photo yet?

robert4rp08
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
RonPaulSupporters.com is already site. I bet you could just get the owner to add the subdomain WhoAre (WhoAre.RonPaulSupporters.com).

JenHarris
12-20-2007, 08:59 AM
how bout WeAreTheRevolution.com

monkeymynd
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I also have www.WeThePaulites.com, it was supposed to be a play on words. Don't know if people consider the word 'Paulites' as degrading or not though...I think it's one of the better names. I could change the front page around to a static post where people can comment on why they like Ron.

RP-Republican
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
how bout WeAreTheRevolution.com

that sounds good

tomveil
12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
that sounds good

Vote at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61346

"WeTheRevolution" was winning last I checked.

LibertyForAll
12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/12/who_are_ron_pauls_supporters.html

someone should create a Ron Paul supporter website like this it's really motivating reading who the supporters are.

Add your comment here...it is a way to show how diverse and united we are.

voytechs
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
You can continue the comments on my site or NPR. But I have a feeling sooner or later their article will disappear, which was my main reason trying to preserve the most important content which were the comments.

IowaSupport
12-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Holy crap - looks like there are 159 responses from the 18th, 2071 from yesterday, and 989 from today, for a total of 3219 responses in 3 days. I only saw 1 negative response (of course, I didn't look through every one.)

I just copied the comments into word and did a find function on the dates to get these numbers a few other interesting finds:

Number of times this word came up:

Independent: 160
Democrat: 482
Apathetic: 42
Never Vote: 152

Freedom: 649
Hope: 368

I know this is all extremely rough data - but if each democrat mention is an individual, 15% of the respondents are former democrats, and about 26% of the respondents are either democrats, independents, have never voted, or are apathetic about the process.

While I understand that there are bound to be repeats, I also understand that there are bound to be people who didn't use my key words (probably more) that fit the mold.

And they wonder why we don't poll higher...sheesh...I figured it out in 10 minutes with a comment page and Word.